Is the Vodafone smart app not working on your mobile device? Here’s the fix!
Using the Vodafone application for too long on your mobile device could contribute to the formation of too much app cache or even corrupted data.
External sources, such as internet connection, could also be responsible for this problem so let’s learn more!
In order to fix the Vodafone smart app, you need to relaunch the platform and then reboot your phone. If that didn’t work, update the platform’s version and connect your device to the cellular internet data. Finally, reinstall the Vodafone smart app!
There’s more to this problem than just that, so keep reading!
The Vodafone smart mobile application is a platform, that is really coming in handy with its variety of features.
Sometimes the application might not work and quite a few factors could be involved in the problem. We need to understand where the problem is coming from!
Here are the reasons why the Vodafone app will stop working:
- Are the servers of Vodafone currently down (maintenance)
- Your mobile device is connected to WiFi (you need cellular)
- The Vodafone smart application is running an old version
- There is too much app cache generated by Vodafone smart
After identifying the source of the problem, let’s get it resolved in minutes!
In order for our solutions to work, you must follow their chronological order and test the Vodafone smart app after each method.
This is the only way that will keep you on track with potential in-app error codes and the current state of the problem.
Let’s jump right in with the solutions!
Relaunching the Vodafone smart application will probably solve the problem with the platform.
If there has been a problematic startup of your device, then this will also impact the functionality of the Vodafone smart application and it will refuse to work until further notice.
Follow these instructions to relaunch the Vodafone app and restart your device:
- While within the Vodafone smart app, exit the platform on your device.
- Open the temporal memory storage and remove the Vodafone app.
- Hold the power button on your device.
- Shut the mobile unit off.
- Wait for 5 minutes while the device is shut down.
- Plug the device into a wall outlet.
- Start the mobile device up.
- Launch the Vodafone application.
Once the Vodafone application has fully loaded, check if the problem with Vodafone persists.
Note: Test whether you will be allowed to sign-in to the Vodafone application!
If your device has an available restriction or security settings for the Vodafone app and they are toggled, this may be denying your entry.
There’s a tab in the settings, through which you could manage these security settings and remove any restrictions over the Vodafone app.
Here’s how to manage app restriction settings on most mobile devices:
- On your mobile device, launch the Settings tab.
- At the top right, press on the General tab.
- Scroll down and locate the applications tab.
- Search through the list and locate the Vodafone application.
- Press on the Vodafone app.
- Grant the Vodafone app access to all sources.
On an iPhone for instance, there will be multiple sources you could grant access to the Vodafone app. Ensure that all of the settings in the tab are highlighted and enabled.
Note: If you cannot find the app restriction settings on your device, browse the “App” section in the settings.
The Vodafone smart application requires an active internet cellular connection to support the link with the Vodafone servers.
If your device loses internet while using the application, then you will be disconnected and your access will be denied until reconnected.
Your next step is to connect your device to the cellular (mobile data).
- Use cellular – Go to Settings > Mobile Data > Enable > Data Roaming > Enable.
It’s extremely important to disable the WiFi since your device will automatically connect to any available WiFi instead of using your cellular data.
Watch out for the connection status at the top of your device’s screen and check whether you’ve got coverage!
Note: Keep your WiFi disabled until the end of the guide!
If you’ve been using the Vodafone smart application for a long time, then plenty of app cache has developed in the system prompt.
Having too many applications’ cache uncleared will cause the performance of your device to drop and some of the apps will refuse to load.
Cleaning the app cache is possible and here’s how to do it on most devices:
- On your mobile device, access Settings.
- Head to the “Storage” tab.
- Access the “Applications” section.
- Use the search field or manually locate the Vodafone platform.
- Once you’ve found it, highlight the application.
- Tap the “Clear Cache” button at the bottom/top of the screen.
Tip: Repeat these steps for all applications to boost the performance of your device!
Running an old version of your Vodafone application is never a good thing.
With older versions, there could be unidentified glitches that could cause platform problems to deny users access.
What you should do next is update the Vodafone Smart application.
Here’s how to update the Vodafone application in easy steps:
- On your phone, launch the Google Play/App Store.
- Head to “Manage Installed Apps”.
- Use the search field to type “Vodafone”.
- Press “Enter” and wait for the search results to appear.
- Press on the Vodafone platform.
- Select the “Update” button.
- Wait for the application software to be updated.
Alert: Cancelling the update halfway or turning off your device in the middle of the process may cause further problems with the platform.
Your last resort solution is to reinstall the Vodafone application.
It’s strongly suggested to have the platform reinstalled since if the problem wasn’t fixed by now, there’s probably a factory fault with the application and it simply needs to be reinstalled.
Here’s how to reinstall the Vodafone application on your device:
- Launch the Settings of your phone.
- Head to “Storage”.
- Enter the “Applications” tab.
- Locate the Vodafone app.
- Uninstall the application.
- Head to the app store of your device.
- Download the Vodafone application and also wait for its installation.
- Sign back into your Vodafone account.
- Test if the issue with the platform is still there.
Note: Keep in mind that the app would only install after the download on Androids.
With iPhones, the application will only download and it will be available for access.
Are you still needing help with the Vodafone smart application error?
You should check out the support page of Vodafone to contact their assistance team and have a discussion regarding the problem.
The Vodafone assistance team is always more than happy to help their customers with a variety of issues, regarding their platform!
Head to support.Vodafone.co.uk on your browser to find more help!
You will have to undergo basic troubleshooting first, before gaining the ability to chat with an employee.
From the list of available errors on the page, complete the steps and all solutions granted and in the end, you will be connected to an assistant that will help you!
Tip: Don’t forget to share what you’ve already attempted here, to save as much time as possible!
Hence, the solution to the Vodafone smart app problem is to reboot your mobile device and have the platform update. You should also reconnect your mobile device to the cellular and clear its app cache. If nothing worked, reinstall the app and test.
Read Next: How to Fix Vodafone App Error Code 4300?
After learning why the Vodafone smart app not working, we hope you were able to resolve this problem on your own.
Reaching out to external assistance is never out of the question and you should consider it if our guide failed to resolve the problem with the Vodafone app!
Check out our online technical blog to read more solutions to your smart-home issues!
Kevin has over five years of experience working in various Tech startups and providing Technical solutions. He has contributed to many Tech publications and websites.