Are you wondering why the Virgin 360 recordings disappeared? We have the answer here!
If a recording disappears from the Virgin 360 cable box’s storage prompt, it has been deleted unintentionally, or the recording’s storage got corrupted.
To identify the true cause behind the disappearance of the Virgin recordings, we must dig deeper and inspect your Virgin system.
To recover lost/disappeared Virgin 360 recordings, power cycle the TV box and utilise the “Undelete Tool” to bring back lost data. Also, check for an ongoing Virgin service outage and restore the Virgin 360 cable box to factory defaults.
Let’s investigate the issue further!
Can You Recover Lost Virgin 360 Recordings?
Yes, retrieving deleted recordings can be recovered by utilising Virgin’s “Undelete Tool”.
The feature is available for all firmware versions of the 360 box; all you have to do is access the system settings of the receiver and select the recording you’ve unintentionally deleted.
Remember that disappearing recordings are a general sign that the Virgin 360 cable box is becoming faulty.
The issue could also be related to outdated firmware or an underlying issue with the storage capacity involving the hard drive (HDD) of your Virgin 360 TV cable box.
How to Recover Deleted Recordings On Virgin 360 Box?
If you’ve uninstalled stored recordings on your Virgin 360 cable box, restoring them is only possible using the “Undelete Tool.”
If all of the recordings in the storage of your cable box disappeared without a trace, the issue could be related to an ongoing outage/maintenance!
Here’s how to utilise the Virgin “Undelete Tool” in easy-to-follow instructions:
- Press the “Home” button on the Virgin 360 remote control.
- Navigate to “Accessibility” and choose “Undelete Tool.”
- Select the recording you wish to recover in the storage.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to recover the data.
Deleted content from the Virgin Media cable box is typically stored in a cloud service for up to 30 days.
If the recording you wish to restore doesn’t appear in the tool’ settings, it is possible that the cache data of the file has expired and cannot be brought back.
Note: If the recording has been restored, you can find it in the content library!
Virgin 360 Recordings Disappeared – 6 Effective Solutions!
Tip: Follow our solutions in a consecutive order!
1. Create a New Optional Recording
To determine if the recordings library of the 360 box is corrupted, we recommend starting a new recording of an HD or SD channel available in your lineup.
Fortunately, creating a new recording on your box is as easy as pressing a button on the remote control while streaming the channel.
Here’s how to pick a suitable broadcast and start a content recording:
- Tap the “Home” button on the Virgin 360 remote control.
- Cycle through all available channels and pick a broadcast.
- Press the “Record” (red dot button) on the Virgin remote.
- Wait until the “Recording” prompt appears on the screen.
- The recording of the channel should be initiated soon.
Notice: Do not interact with the cable box while the recording is still being created!
Test on an Alternative Broadcast!
If you’re failing to start storing a recording on the currently selected broadcast, pick a different TV show or a movie available in the lineup of your 360 box.
- Preferably, select a lower-quality channel so the system doesn’t overwhelm you while attempting to store the video recording.
If the recording doesn’t start while streaming the selected TV show or movie, verify that the remote control works by programming it back to the Virgin 360 receivers.
Note: Remember that recording HD channels should be available by default with your plan!
2. Power Cycle the Virgin 360 Box!
The power cycle method is an excellent way to refresh the library that stores the Virgin 360 recordings.
The power circulation is a harmless process, which will not impact any available recordings on your Virgin 360 box but will refresh the operating system and all the services.
Here are the complete steps to perform a power cycle on the Virgin 360 box:
- Press and hold the “Power” switch on the front of the TV box.
- Keep holding for 10 seconds until the Virgin box powers off.
- Disconnect the power cable of the receiver from the outlet.
- Wait for 60 seconds while the Virgin cable box is unplugged.
- Hold the “power” button for another 5 seconds to discharge.
- Connect the Virgin 360 box directly to the electrical socket.
It’s crucial to remember that the power cycle is only effective if the Virgin cable box has been left unplugged for at least 60 seconds.
Connecting the power cable of the TV box right to power will prevent the power cycle process from discharging the electrical supply.
Warning: Avoid plugging your TV box into power strips, dividers or any smart plugs!
3. Check for Temporal Virgin Outages!
Virgin Media 360 recordings disappeared, out of the blue? The issue might not be on your side!
A Virgin service outage can impact all stored recordings on the system of the Virgin 360 box.
An ongoing maintenance or an outage affecting your service area could temporarily deactivate your access to the cable box’s features, including the cloud-allowed recordings storage and all else.
A Virgin outage should typically last ~3 hours!
Here’s how to identify if there’s an ongoing service outage with the Virgin network:
- Open a web browser on your mobile or computer device.
- Navigate to virginmedia.com and press on the “Help” tab.
- Go to “Service Status” from the available action buttons.
- Wait until the outage identification displays relative results.
Typically, a Virgin outage or ongoing maintenance can be reported by customer support if you get in touch.
However, the online outage identification will only display relative results if you’ve signed in with the correct account and input your real-time address line.
Note: If the outage takes too long, contact Virgin customer support!
4. Review the Virgin Subscription Terms
Another possibility is that your access to the stored recordings has been suspended due to the lasting unpaid fees of the Virgin viewing subscription.
The next step is to verify that all pending fees of your Virgin client plan are completed and processed with the service status “Active”.
Here’s how to review the subscription terms of your Virgin viewing plan:
- Access the official Virgin Media website on your phone or computer.
- Sign into your user account and go to the “Subscription” section.
- Check all pending fees regarding your current Virgin viewing plan.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to re-activate your subscription.
If the Virgin 360 TV box recordings disappeared right after your subscription end-of-term date has been reached, re-activating the service should restore all the lost content.
So, if the last payment did not go through, then this is why the recordings are missing from the box’s library.
Alert: Contact Virgin if you’re experiencing issues re-activating the subscription’s viewer plan!
5. Restore the Virgin 360 Box to Defaults!
The factory reset is a reliable method if you still don’t know how to recover deleted recordings on the Virgin 360 box.
Although the content’s cache typically remains available for up to 30 days, restoring the default settings of the box could resolve the issue with the recordings library.
Follow these steps to perform a factory reset on the Virgin 360 cable box:
- Locate the “Standby” switch on the front panel of the Virgin box.
- Press and hold the switch for “15-20 seconds” to start the reset.
- While holding the button, unplug the box from the power supply.
- Keep holding the button for 15 seconds and reconnect the box.
- Check if the system of the Virgin Media 360 box has been reset.
If the factory reset has been completed successfully, all content and data should be erased from the box’s storage.
You must complete the initial setup of the receiver and construct the default settings configuration for streaming and recording again.
Alert: Do not interact with the cable box while factory resetting!
6. Order Replacement Equipment!
As mentioned earlier, reoccurring issues with the stored recordings are the most common signs of a cable box malfunction.
If none of the lost Virgin recordings has been restored in this guide, ordering an equipment replacement from Virgin via your user profile is strongly recommended.
To order replacement equipment, go to virginmedia.com, sign into your account, and press “My Account”.
Then, select “My Products & Usage” and click “Order New Equipment.”
Note: You should receive a notification email at the associated address with instructions!
Hence, to fix whenever the Virgin 360 recordings disappear, power cycle the cable box and attempt to create a new recording.
If the captures are still missing, you must review the subscription of your Virgin client plan and restore the cable box to factory defaults.
Follow us for more practical guides on Virgin Media 360 receivers!
Kevin has over five years of experience working in various Tech startups and providing Technical solutions. He has contributed to many Tech publications and websites.