If your US cellular not receiving calls, you’ve just found the best-working fix guide!
Many things can prevent your US cellular service from receiving calls.
The issue can be caused by enabled modes, all the way to issues with the SIM card or the service plan.
When the US cellular is not receiving calls, disable Airplane/DND mode on your phone. Next, reinsert the SIM card and move into a cellular-covered zone. Also, validate your US cellular account and update the carrier settings.
Keep reading to learn what you can do whenever your US cellular is not receiving calls!
Not receiving calls from US cellular is most often associated with a SIM card issue.
In this guide, we will cover all software and hardware solutions you can apply, until you make your US cellular subscription work and start receiving calls.
Here’s how you can fix the problem with US cellular that is not receiving calls:
The Airplane mode and the Do Not Disturb function will prevent calls from reaching your US cellular SIM card.
Only by disabling these features, you will make your phone reachable and solve the problem for good.
Here’s how to disable both instances:
- Go to the Settings of your device.
- Open the “Airplane Mode” tab (usually positioned on the top of the settings).
- If the slider is green (AP mode is turned on), press it once to disable the function.
- Open the Settings configuration of your phone/tablet.
- Scroll down and press on “General”.
- Search for a function labeled with “Do Not Disturb”.
- Open the tab.
- If the feature is turned on, press the slider once to disable it.
Tip: Turn the Airplane Mode ON for 5 seconds and then OFF to reset the cellular services.
A great way to refresh the incoming calls made to your SIM card with US cellular is to reinsert the SIM itself.
That will help reset the connection the SIM card makes with the servers and hopefully this will fix the issue with the incoming calls.
To re-insert the US cellular SIM card of your phone, follow these instructions:
- Grab the SIM card eject tool (supplied with every mobile device).
- Locate the SIM card compartment on one of the side panels of your device.
- Insert the SIM eject tool in the small pinhole near the compartment.
- Take out the slot along with the US cellular SIM card.
- Remove the SIM card from the slot.
- Wait for 5 minutes.
- Re-insert the SIM card back into the compartment.
- Make someone call you so you can test the incoming calls.
Alert: You must make sure that the SIM card is positioned the correct way when you’re inserting it back into the SIM card slot.
Your US cellular may not be receiving calls if you’re not in a zone of coverage.
There are certain places that can block your connection with the radio towers, therefore you won’t be able to receive calls or send texts while standing there.
Here are places that may block your coverage and prevent you from receiving calls:
- Basements or underground environments
- Forests or hills that are away from a radio tower
- Standing near materials such as tin, copper, silver aluminum
- In-between thick wooden, concrete walls
How To Test For Coverage?
To test your cellular coverage, move out in the open and look at the coverage bar.
Try to get at least 2 bars and then test the US cellular call and determine if the issue is fixed.
Notice: Ensure that the user that is trying to call you is also in a zone of coverage.
If you have had unpaid dues for a while now, this may be the reason that your account got temporarily suspended.
A suspended account cannot either send or receive calls and this may be producing the problem that you’re experiencing.
Assuming you have the UScellular ™ application downloaded on your phone, you will have to access it.
Upon subscribing to them, they will create a registration for you, that you can access with your mobile number.
How To Pay UScellular Through The Phone?
You can pay your US cellular phone bill over the phone the following way:
- On your phone, go to the contacts menu.
- Enter the dialing menu.
- Dial 888-944-9400 or #PAY (#729).
- Enter your debit or credit card and fill in the information.
- Wait for the purchase to be verified.
Note: You can also get in touch with a US cellular attorney that is going to take care of your unpaid dues with the debit/credit information you have.
Sometimes the problem comes from the device. You can update the cellular signal your phone receives in a really easy way.
All you have to do is update your phone’s software and this will refresh the signal that reaches your device.
If your phone is already updated to the latest version, move on to the next solution!
Here’s how to update your phone’s software to update the UScellular phone signal:
- Open the Settings tab in your phone’s settings.
- Head to “About phone”.
- Next, choose System updates.
- Select “Check for updates”.
- Wait for your phone to check and validate any available updates.
- If an update has appeared in the same tab, press the “Update” button.
- Wait for the newest version for your phone to be applied.
Always apply the latest available firmware for your device to prevent such problems!
Alert: Make sure that you don’t shut down your phone while it is updating the software.
There’s a high chance that this problem with the US cellular coverage is with your phone’s settings.
If that’s the case, resetting the phone’s network and configuration settings will also refresh the cellular signal and make it work.
Tip: It’s recommended to test the SIM card on another device before performing a reset.
Here’s how you can reset your phone’s network settings for both Android and iOS:
- Open the Settings of your phone device.
- Go to General and select System.
- Select General Management.
- Choose Reset > Reset Network Settings.
- Open the Settings.
- Go to General.
- Choose Transfer or Reset [Device name].
- Select Reset > Reset Network Settings.
The reset includes Bluetooth connection, WiFi, and cellular settings.
When you’re ready make someone call your device to check whether the problem is now solved.
Note: Do not shut down your device while the reset is ongoing.
If you couldn’t make your US cellular SIM card work, then this problem is most likely to be an outage.
There’s a great website (Is It Down Right Now), that enables you to check whether companies and servers such as Amazon, Hulu, Netflix, US Cellular, and others are online.
Or you can check the official social media profile of US Cellular. This is by far the best way!
If the result is that US Cellular is currently active, you should get in touch with an employee to determine what is going on with your SIM card and why you can’t receive any calls.
To fix when US cellular is not receiving calls, reinsert your SIM card and check if the servers are offline. Next, reset your phone’s network settings and move into a coverage zone. Lastly, update the US cellular carrier settings and validate your account.
Read Next: How to Fix US Cellular No Service?
When the US cellular not receiving calls even after our guide, then that’s a problem someone more qualified should take care of.
There could be an issue with your service plan disabling you from accepting calls or a simple SIM card issue that can be resolved in a couple of hours with an employee.
Find more help by calling 888-944-9400 and reporting your problem!
For more relevant solutions make sure to check our blog!
Kevin has over five years of experience working in various Tech startups and providing Technical solutions. He has contributed to many Tech publications and websites.