To transfer number to Giffgaff is one of the best features in this network. When someone provides us a new sim or new device it can be a heavy task.
Moving your current contact details and informing your connections about your latest contact are challenging.
Worse, some do not take the message and still contacts you on your old contact. Fortunately, you can fix this issue if you have any plans to change your number to Giffgaff.
Let us learn all the steps involved and make the move process as smooth as butter!
Move Number to Giffgaff?
Moving your existing number to a new network does not happen right away. However, an old SIM has its expiration period, usually about six months.
Once your old contact expires, it will be recycled, and you cannot use it anymore. However, if you plan to be a Giffgaff user now, you do not have to be stressed about it.
There are some steps and rules to follow to transfer number to Giffgaff successfully.
Step 1: Requesting a Porting Authorization Code (PAC)
First, you have to ask your old mobile provider provided to give you a Porting Authorization Code (PAC).
PAC is an identifier used by the mobile network to facilitate the so-called mobile number portability (MNP).
As a phone user, you can still retain your device digits even if you will switch operators.
This process is free of charge, so you do not have to worry about additional expenses. It also usually takes no longer than one day.
Getting this code can be done in two ways:
- Text PAC to 64075 from your existing digits (not from Giffgaff), or;
- Text STAC to 75075 from y our current SIM
Step 2: Setting an Account and SIM Activation
Next, you should have your own Giffgaff account and activate your SIM that you just received from your new operator.
Here are the steps to do this:
- official website. Set-up and register a new account by going to the
- Activate your SIM on this link.
- You have to wait to activate your SIM before doing the relocation entirely. It usually takes a couple of hours up to 24 hours (only in rare cases)
- Do not attempt to do the moving procedure until you ensure that the SIM activation is complete.
- For SIM Swap you can refer our Giffgaff SIM Swap guide.
You will be given a temporary number at this time. This will be changed with the one that you want.
Step 3: Requesting a Transfer
Once you receive the temporary number from Giffgaff, you can now request to initiate the transfer process.
This step can be done in the following ways:
- this link. Go to the transfer form in
- Fill out the form. The questions include the number you wish to save, the assigned PAC, and the date you prefer the process. The scheduled date should be within 14 days from the time of request.
- Submit the form by clicking Transfer your Number.
- Wait for the move process to complete.
The portability system of mobile networks does not operate on Bank holidays and weekends.
Check out the Network Porting Schedule below:
- Between 17:01 on Friday and 17:00 on Monday – Tuesday
- Between 17:01 on Monday and 17:00 on Tuesday – Wednesday
- Between 17:01 on Tuesday and 17:00 on Wednesday – Thursday
- Between 17:01 on Wednesday and 17:00 on Thursday – Friday
- Between 17:01 on Thursday and 17:00 on Friday – Monday
Furthermore, you can expect a loss of service signal of your old SIM during the transfer day, approximately between 9 AM and 9 PM.
Step 4: Checking the Progress
During the operator changing procedure, do not worry if you notice that you haven’t any signal yet.
This temporary is perfectly normal. If you want to check how the process is going through, you can do the following:
- Check if your transferred SIM appear in the My Profile and Settings.
- If it still not shows, wait until 9 PM. This delay can take a little while due to some reasons.
- If you are using an iPhone device, try switching off your iMessage and then turning it on again. Restart your phone afterward. Check your Messages under your phone Setting.
- If the number shows up, it means that the procedure is successful.
How to Move From O2 to Giffgaff
To transfer number to Giffgaff from O2 successfully, here are the steps to follow:
- Call the O2 customer service or 4445 and ask for a PAC. It is usually composed of three numbers and three letters.
- Head on to My Giffgaff and click the bottom left option to port your digits.
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
How to Move From EE to Giffgaff
This network can also accommodate changing digits from your EE SIM. Like other operators, there are specific steps so you can transfer number to Giffgaff from EE effectively.
- You have to make sure that you fill out the transfer form in the account first. Refer to the steps above in requesting a number transfer.
- Contact the EE provider and request a PAC because you want to move your existing number from another network.
- Use your EE sim on the scheduled relocation date. Expect that there will be no service signal from both of the SIM (your old and new). Wait until 9 PM to check if the process is successful. See Step 4 on monitoring the progress.
How to Move From Three to Giffgaff
This mobile provider is never limited in changing mobile number even from the Three network.
If you are a former Three user, here are the steps to transfer number to Giffgaff from Three successfully:
- Contact Three on 333 from your mobile device, or 0333 338 1001 from a landline. Ask for a PAC number.
- If you prefer to do a text-to-switch service, text PAC to 65075 from your Three mobile number.
- Once you have the PAC, use it to fill out the form to port your Three mobile digits.
- Never cancel the contract before the switching process. This move will lose your existing phone number, and the porting process will be unsuccessful.
Move From Any Other Operator?
If you plan to move from any other operator apart from mentioned above, the process is almost similar. Just you need to check how to get the PAC code.
No matter what network you are using, this UK operator can solve and help you retain your favorite digits that you held on for so long.
Remember that moving an existing digit to this SIM is a crucial process, and every step must be done carefully. If you follow these steps mentioned above, you can easily transfer number to Giffgaff.
These steps will save you from consuming time transferring your contacts and to prevent your old SIM for expiration.
A highly motivated Tech writer. She is a front end developer and has a strong background in technology. Being a Computer graduate, she has been featured on many prominent websites including Xtrium. Her way to guide people in troubleshooting tech related issues is immensely commendable.