Wondering why Toniebox won’t skip? Well, keep reading to understand how to fix it!
Not being able to skip through a track currently played on your Toniebox could be bothersome.
Fortunately, we have acquired top-tier solutions for resolving similar errors on a Toniebox, and the hurdle will be gone in less than 5 minutes after reading this guide…
Whenever Toniebox is not skipping to the next track, check if the audiobook is securely connected to a Wi-Fi network. Next, update the “mytonies” application to the latest version and conduct a factory reset on your Toniebox to reset all the settings!
Let’s continue to unwrap!
Can You Skip Songs On Toniebox?
Absolutely! Toniebox is an advanced audiobook that allows the user to fast-forward and skip between tracks participating in the downloaded playlist.
You can manage the playlist within the “mytonies” app.
Note: Only downloaded tracks can be skipped on Toniebox!
How to Skip Songs On Tonies?
To skip songs on Toniebox, you must apply pressure and tap the right side of the Toniebox’s top panel, but most users lovingly referred to it as a more robust “whack.”
You must apply more significant pressure to the right side of the Toniebox to skip.
The Toniebox will skip to the next track if the content is downloaded.
Hence, whacking the Toniebox on the right side will automatically skip to the next song queued on the audiobook’s playlist. If this method proves not to work in your case, let’s see why!
Why Toniebox Isn’t Skipping?
Is There a Toniebox Red Light?
In most cases where users cannot skip songs on their Toniebox, an indicator LED light comes on to indicate the issue.
If the Toniebox has a red light and you cannot fast/skip forward simply by tapping the top panel, the track has not been fully downloaded.
Info: A red light could also mean a failed Wi-Fi connection essential to skipping!
7 Proven Solutions When My Toniebox Won’t Skip!
Tip: To resolve the issue faster, follow our steps chronologically!
1. Apply Greater Force
Pressing the right end of the Toniebox’s top panel slightly may fast forward the song instead of skipping it.
To play the next track on your Toniebox without waiting for the current one to end, you must apply greater force to the correct part of the Toniebox until the next song is played.
Skipping is an exclusive feature to all Toniebox devices, and every audiobook supports it. If the Toniebox is entirely functional and hasn’t got any defects, it should be able to skip.
Therefore, ensure the Toniebox is connected to the charging station and verify that the status light is not red.
After that, gently whack the right part of the Toniebox’s top panel to skip to the next song in the audiobook playlist.
Alert: Be careful not to damage the Toniebox while attempting to skip to the next track!
2. Activate the “Tap and Tilt” Feature
Activating a specific feature within the “mytonies” application may resolve the skipping issues with the Toniebox.
This advanced option allows the Toniebox to detect more sensitive touches and skip more easily, establishing perfect controls for softer hands and easier parental access.
To activate “Tap and Tilt”, you must install the “mytonies” application!
Follow these instructions to enable “Tap and Tilt” for the Toniebox:
- Open the “mytonies” app on your mobile device.
- Tap the “Collection” icon at the bottom right corner.
- Select the “Toniebox” header at the top of the page.
- Select the Toniebox you wish to manage right now.
- Scroll all the way down to the “Advanced Settings”.
- On the next page, press the “Tilt and Tap” slider.
- Once the feature is activated, exit the application.
With “Tap and Tilt” activated, you can skip tracks simply by tilting the Toniebox towards the right.
It may take some time until you’re entirely used to the feature, but it is a way more preferable option to having to whack the bottom panel of the Toniebox with unusual force.
Note: If “Tap and Tilt” is not your way of doing things, feel free to turn off the feature and proceed with the upcoming solutions.
3. Re-Establish the Toniebox Wi-Fi
The main reason why Toniebox won’t skip songs is because there was an issue with establishing a Wi-Fi connection.
The audiobook must be persistently connected to a functional Wi-Fi network to download the latest track and include them in an easy-access playlist.
How to Reconnect Toniebox to Wi-Fi?
- Open “mytonies” on your mobile device.
- Tap the access icon at the bottom corner.
- Pick the Toniebox you wish to reconnect.
- Select “Wi-Fi” on the right-side action menu.
- Follow the on-screen steps to pair the box.
Alert: Toniebox devices only support 2.4GHz Wi-Fi networks!
How to Fix When Toniebox Disconnecting?
If the Toniebox cannot stay connected to the Wi-Fi network for too long, there is an underlying settings issue or wireless interference.
The issue could even be with the network or network equipment itself, and the next step is to conduct basic troubleshooting to restore the Wi-Fi!
Attempt the following methods to fix the Wi-Fi issues of the Toniebox:
- Reduce the congestion of the network.
- Place the Toniebox closer to the router.
- Stop downloading/uploading content.
- Dislocate wireless interfering devices.
Info: Wireless interference can be caused by any other wireless devices close to the Toniebox!
4. Verify the Toniebox is Charging!
A defective charging could be responsible for the unexplained functionality issue of the Toniebox.
If there is no apparent contact between the Toniebox’s charging poles and the connection ports on the charging station, the audiobook may run out of battery quickly.
Here are a couple of steps to verify that the Toniebox is charging:
- Remove obstructions between the Toniebox and the station.
- Clean the charging poles on the Toniebox and on the station.
- Disconnect and reconnect the charging station’s power cable.
If the Toniebox has charged to a functional battery level, the light must turn green, indicating the audiobook has downloaded the content and is ready to play!
Alert: If the light is red or blue, the Toniebox has unpaired from the Wi-Fi!
5. Reinstall the “mytonies” Application
Even if you know how to skip songs on Tonies, the issue is not always process-related…
Perhaps the cause for the issue could be with the mobile “mytonies” app rather than the audiobook itself.
If you’re repeatedly encountering an error while attempting to skip to the following audio track, it is best to uninstall the “mytonies” application and download it again!
How to Remove/Re-Add “mytonies” On Android?
- Launch the Google Play store app on your Android.
- At the top corner, tap on your profile icon image.
- After that, navigate to “Manage apps & device.”
- Highlight the “mytonies” app from the listings.
- Tap “Uninstall” to remove the tonies application.
- Head to the home page and download “mytonies.”
How to Remove/Re-Add “mytonies” On iOS?
- First, locate the “mytonies” app’s icon.
- From the options, select “Remove App.”
- Confirm that you would like to uninstall.
- Open the App Store and type “mytonies.”
- Tap on the Cloud + Arrow icon to download.
Remember that uninstalling “mytonies” will also remove the Toniebox from the “Devices” tab configuration.
Hence, after reinstalling “mytonies”, press “Add Device” to set up the Toniebox’s Wi-Fi and settings again.
Note: The Toniebox will remain connected to Wi-Fi once the application is uninstalled!
6. Restore the Toniebox Initial Settings!
The factory reset process is the most potent solution for addressing all underlying issues with the Toniebox.
This procedure will erase all downloaded content in the “mytonies” application and restore the default settings configuration of the Toniebox in 60 seconds!
The changes made by the factory reset are irreversible!
Follow these instructions to restore the default settings of the Toniebox:
- Place the Toniebox onto the charging station.
- Gently push the ears downwards with slight force.
- Keep the ears pressed for up to 10 seconds.
- Wait for the audio signal and release the ears.
- Wait until the Toniebox device has factory reset.
Once the factory reset is complete, open the “mytonies” application on your mobile device and press the “Add Device” button.
Follow the initial setup instructions to re-add the Toniebox to the app and set up a playlist.
After the setup is complete, check if you can skip the playing tracks!
Need More Help?
Dial “877-MY-TONIE” or message them on the Toniebox Requests Page for further association regarding the issue. Best of luck!
Hence, Toniebox won’t skip because of a downloading issue with the audiobook content.
To resolve the issue, reconnect the Toniebox with Wi-Fi, check the firmware version of the “mytonies” application, and factory reset the audiobook to it’s initial settings setup.
Follow us for more tips and helpful content!
Kevin has over five years of experience working in various Tech startups and providing Technical solutions. He has contributed to many Tech publications and websites.