Wondering why Toniebox will not connect to WiFi? We have the solution in this guide!
The issue you’re facing while attempting to establish the Wi-Fi connection of the Toniebox could be identified as a network failure.
However, other factors are also worth considering, so keep reading this short read to uncover the underlying causes and how to address them adequately.
If Toniebox doesn’t connect to a Wi-Fi network, wait until the audiobook turns off to reset the software. If the problem persists, inspect the “mytonies” app for issues, charge the audiobook to maximum battery capacity, and ultimately apply a factory restoration.
Let’s dig deeper into the problem!
Why the Toniebox Will Not Connect to WiFi?
All Toniebox devices require a Wi-Fi connection to function correctly and to support all in-built functions.
When the appliance cannot connect with the Wi-Fi network, this usually indicates a problem with the network itself or a complication with the Toniebox.
Here are all of the underlying causes preventing the Toniebox from connecting:
Does Toniebox Audiobook Need Wi-Fi?
To support all of its functions, yes, the Toniebox requires an active Wi-Fi connection at all times.
When offline, the Toniebox cannot play stories or change the story that is currently set up and loaded.
Additionally, the “mytonies” mobile application is used for managing the audiobook.
Tip: You can download “mytonies” on Android and iOS devices through the Google Play Store app or from the iOS App Store.
Toniebox Not Connecting to WiFi – 6 Working Ways to Fix!
Tip: Follow our steps in consecutive order!
1. Wait for Toniebox to Turn Off Automatically
Since there is no way to turn off the Toniebox device manually, you should wait 10 minutes until your child’s audiobook automatically turns off.
Make sure neither you nor your kids interact with the Toniebox because if a button is pressed, the shut-down timer will be reset and start over.
How to “Snooze” Toniebox?
The device will automatically shut down by not interacting with the Toniebox for 10 minutes.
This is recommended when experiencing power failures or connectivity issues with the audiobook and helps restore the Wi-Fi connection.
Once 10 minutes have passed, and the audiobook has shut down, open the Mytonies app on your mobile device and attempt to reconnect the device with Wi-Fi.
Reconnect Toniebox to Wi-Fi:
Alert: Toniebox audiobooks do not support WEP encrypted and 5GHz Wi-Fi networks!
- First, open the “mytonies” app on your Android/iOS.
- Then, tap the “Collection” button in the right corner.
- After that, press on the “Toniebox” header at the top.
- Tap the image of the problematic Toniebox next.
- Press the “Wi-Fi” icon on the right-hand screen side.
- Follow the connection procedure to establish Wi-Fi.
Tip: Try to reconnect the Toniebox audiobook to the Wi-Fi after each of our solutions!
2. Update the “Mytonies” Application
One of the potential reasons for a failed Wi-Fi connection between the Toniebox device and the Wi-Fi router is the outdated version of the mobile app.
The Toniebox application is designed to work flawlessly on Android and iOS, but updating the app is necessary for compatibility!
How to Update “mytonies” On Android?
- Open the Google Play store on your Android.
- Tap on your profile icon at the bottom right.
- Then, navigate to “Manage apps & devices.”
- Locate the “mytonies” application in the list.
- Finally, press the “Update” button to start.
How to Update “mytonies” On iOS?
- Launch the App Store app on your iOS device.
- After that, press on your profile icon at the top.
- Scroll to “Pending Updates & Release Notes.”
- Scroll down and locate the “mytonies” platform.
- Tap “Update” next to the application and wait.
- Wait until the app has finished updating and exit.
How to Reinstall “mytonies”?
If updating “mytonies” didn’t work, you should reinstall the application from your Android/iOS device to resolve any underlying functionality issues.
- On Android, go to the Google Play Store, navigate to “Manage apps & devices,” locate “mytonies,” and select the “Uninstall” button.
- On iOS, locate the “mytonies” app on the home screen and hold the icon until the options appear, from which you need to select “Remove App”.
Tip: For iOS, you can download “mytonies” from the App Store, while on Android, you need to enter the Google Play Store.
3. Check the Tonie Box Charging Levels
Not charging the battery of the Toniebox audiobook could also result in connectivity issues with the Wi-Fi network.
Toniebox devices are cordless and must be set regularly to maintain the appropriate functionality levels of the device.
About Toniebox Charging Equipment?
All Toniebox audiobooks are delivered with a charging station that connects to a power adapter using a USB cable.
Inspect if the connection between the power adapter and the charging station’s USB cable is secure and whether there are disruptions in the charging.
Try to spot any visual damage on the USB cable or the power adapter!
How to Charge a Toniebox Audiobook?
Once all the cables are installed and the charging station is securely connected to a power source, place the Toniebox audiobook on top of the station.
There’s a pin coming out of the charging surface on the station where the audiobook must be placed to start charging.
Note: Remember that charging your Toniebox is not fast, and you should only disconnect the audiobook once it has reached 100% battery capacity.
How to Track Toniebox Charging Levels?
The green LED on the side panels of the Toniebox indicates that the device is working but doesn’t necessarily show a 100% charged battery.
Complete charging of a functional Toniebox battery could take up to 7 hours, so it’s best to leave it overnight.
Alert: Do not keep the Toniebox connected to the charger at all times to preserve the battery!
4. Reboot Your WiFi Network Router!
If the network is offline or the router appears unavailable to the Toniebox, the audiobook will not stay connected to the WiFi.
To resolve any temporal issues with the network, it is recommended to reboot the WiFi network router by unplugging it from power until all electricity is discharged.
Follow these instructions to perform a “power cycle” on the network router:
- Locate the “power” button on the network router.
- Hold the power button to shut down the router.
- After that, disconnect the router’s power cable.
- Wait for 60 seconds until the router discharges.
- Re-attach the power adapter back into an outlet.
- Wait for the router to turn on for the network to load.
Tip: Plug your WiFi router directly into the power outlet to avoid power strip fluctuations!
5. Switch the Position of the Toniebox
You might have placed the Toniebox too far away from the network router, preventing a stable Wi-Fi connection from existing.
Toniebox uses only a 2.4GHz Wi-Fi network, which guarantees distance but to a certain degree.
The closer the box is to the router, the better the WiFi will be!
Position the Toniebox as close to the router as possible!
Then re-establish the Wi-Fi connection between the devices through the “mytonies” mobile application.
Also, keep the Toniebox next to the router for at least 2-3 minutes and determine if the Wi-Fi connection will drop.
Tip: Verify that there are no other wireless devices close to the location of the Toniebox that could cause interference.
6. Factory Reset the Toniebox Audiobook
Hence, a factory reset is the most potent solution if Toniebox will not connect to WiFi after attempting everything so far.
If the audiobook has encountered issues with the software, the factory reset will reset all settings to their default values and states, offering a fresh start.
Follow these instructions to perform a factory reset on the Toniebox device:
- Place the Toniebox device on the charging station.
- Next, push the ears of the audiobook downwards.
- Hold the ears down for 10 seconds and then release.
- Wait for the audio signal indication by the Toniebox.
- Then, wait for the factory reset process to complete.
How to Setup a Toniebox Audiobook Initially?
After the factory reset, the Toniebox device will be removed from the “mytonies” application installed on your mobile.
To re-add the device, open the Toniebox app, press “Add Device” through the home page, and follow the on-screen instructions to pair your Toniebox!
Note: When pairing the Toniebox to the app, you must set up all user customization!
Hence, when Toniebox will not connect to WiFi, check the charging equipment of the audiobook and update the “mytonies” app.
If that doesn’t help, perform a power cycle on the network router and, if necessary, perform a factory reset on the Toniebox.
Follow us for more helpful content and tips!
Kevin has over five years of experience working in various Tech startups and providing Technical solutions. He has contributed to many Tech publications and websites.