If your Telus WiFi Booster not showing up, we have the best solution on the web!
After thorough research on what could cause interference with Telus’s availability during setup, we’ve come up with the best possible solutions.
We’ve also learnt what is most likely to cause similar problems with your booster to explain to you.
Here’s how to fix the issue:
To fix when Telus WiFi Booster won’t show up during the setup, unplug the device and update the Telus app to the latest version. Next, hard reset the network device and reinstall the Telus app from your mobile device. Finally, Factory Reset the booster.
Let’s review the potential causes of the problem with your Telus WiFi Booster!
Why Is My Telus WiFi Booster Network Not Showing Up?
Before we jump in with the guide, we should review why the Telus Booster refuses to show up.
This will help you understand the problem better and even step up your troubleshooting.
Here’s why the Telus Booster refuses to show up on the adding page:
- There’s an issue with the Telus App
- The Telus Booster is having Power Problems
- An issue with your Network Device
- Faulty Hardware Equipment
After going through the issues' causes briefly, let’s proceed with the fixed guide and get the problem with your Telus Booster settled!
Telus WiFi Booster Not Showing Up – Quick Fix!
In order to achieve maximum troubleshooting efficiency, we strongly recommend following the chronological order of our solutions within the guide.
We’ve designed our solutions in such a way as to partly eliminate the potential causes for the problem with your booster in the best way possible.
With that being said, here’s how to fix your Telus WiFi Booster!
Solution #1 Restart the Booster!
The first and most easy thing you could do is perform a Restart on your booster!
Perhaps, the Telus application isn’t able to detect the device and connect it to the network due to a temporal fault, related to the detection feature.
Your Telus booster has the ability to make itself discoverable to other network scanners, such as your network device.
Here’s how to perform an advanced reboot/restart on your Telus Booster:
- Press the Power Button on your booster to shut it down.
- Unplug the Power Adapter of the device out of the electrical outlet.
- Wait for a full 5 minutes while the booster is disconnected.
- Reattach the power cord of the device back into the outlet.
- Start up the Telus Booster.
- Wait for the device to reboot.
Launch the Telus Platform on your mobile device and head to “Add Device”. Select the type of device you wish to add and wait for the booster to become discoverable.
Note: The booster should “show up” in the connection menu and you have to press on it.
Solution #2 Re-Launch the Telus App & Reboot the Mobile
Perhaps, the Telus application has run into a fault and it is unable to detect your WiFi Booster.
The main unit of the Telus boosters connects via Ethernet cable to the network device and the secondary booster gets hooked up wirelessly, via WiFi.
If there is a problem with the Telus platform, neither of the boosters will show up in the Telus app in order to complete the connection.
- Exit the Telus App on your device, remove it from the memory and reboot!
Once you’ve exited the Telus app and removed it from your device’s temporal memory, perform a Reboot on your device.
You could either trigger it from the software by heating at Settings > Power > Reboot or hold the Power Button and press “Restart”.
Note: If your device is running low on battery, plug it into the charger while it is rebooting!
Solution #3 Update the Telus Application
If the Telus application is outdated, it will probably not function properly and refuse to display the booster’s connection.
What you should do next is Update the Telus App on your mobile device to the latest available script.
Users often report that with older versions of the Telus sometimes device connectivity fails and boosters are unable to be discovered and therefore added.
Here’s how to update the Telus Application:
- On your mobile device, launch the App Store/Google Play based on your OS.
- Navigate to “Installed Devices”.
- Press “Manage” in order to configure the settings of the installed app.
- Locate the “Telus Home” app from the list.
- Enter the info tab of the platform.
- Press “Check for Updates”.
- Hit the “Update” button if it becomes available.
If you trigger an update of the Telus application, it may last for around 60 seconds. Make sure that you do not cancel the process or shut down your phone.
Alert: Canceling the update halfway may cause software problems with the platform.
Solution #4 Replace the Network Cable
If you’re experiencing issues with the Main Booster Unit, perhaps it’s the network cable showing off faults.
In order to discover the Telus WiFi Booster and “show it up” in the “Add Section” of the app, it must be somehow related to the network.
- You should connect the booster with a different Ethernet and attempt the setup
Before replacing the Ethernet cable, reconnect the current one and check if that would solve anything.
You’ll know that an Ethernet cable has gone faulty if it no longer blinks when connected to both of the instances.
In a PC system, for instance, the Ethernet cable will blink, once connected to the port on the back of the motherboard. The same thing applies to your Telus Booster and router.
Note: It is recommended to test with a new Ethernet, but you could use an old one as well.
Solution #5 Reinstall the Telus App
What you should do next is reinstall the Telus App from your mobile device’s software.
If there’s an issue with the cache or corrupted data has formed within the application, the only solution is to get the platform reinstalled.
This way, you’ll refresh the settings of the platform, delete the piled-up app cache and resolve corrupted data with the platform.
Here’s how to reinstall the Telus App:
- Launch the Settings of your mobile device.
- Navigate to “Storage”.
- Access the App Section.
- Press the search field and type “Telus”.
- Highlight the application and press “Uninstall”.
- Once the Telus app is removed, launch the App Store.
- Locate the Telus app again and download it onto your device.
- Launch the app and sign into your account.
- Attempt to add the booster and determine if it shows up now.
After getting the Telus app downloaded on your device after the reinstall, make sure to enable “Automatic Updates”. This will automatically upload updates for the Telus app.
Note: Make sure to download the original version of the Telus app with the most downloads.
Solution #6 Factory Reset the Problematic Booster
If nothing worked out so far, you should perform a Factory Reset on the problematic booster.
Triggering a Factory Reset on your Telus WiFi Booster is really easy and anyone could do it, as long as the device is plugged in.
In fact, all you have to do is press a button on the back panel of the booster in order to trigger the reset.
- Factory Reset only the problematic Telus WiFi Booster of your mesh network!
Here’s how to factory reset your Telus Booster:
- Locate the Reset Button Pinhole on the back panel of the booster.
- Press and hold the Reset Button for 5 seconds using a pin or a paperclip.
- Wait for the booster to blink before relating the button inside of the pinhole.
Alert: Do not interact with your booster while the reset is ongoing!
Thus, to fix when Telus WiFi Booster not showing up, power cycle the device and reconnect it from the network device. Next, replace the network cable and update the Telus app. If nothing worked so far, execute a Factory Reset on the booster.
If our guide was helpful to you, check out our online technical blog for more guides!
Read Next: TELUS WiFi Booster Setup – Complete Steps!
Kevin has over five years of experience working in various Tech startups and providing Technical solutions. He has contributed to many Tech publications and websites.