Whenever your Teleparty HBO Max is not working correctly, it’s mostly due to a browser or extension error.
If your Teleparty extensions seem to be malfunctioning, you won’t be able to share links and watch movies or TV with friends remotely.
Since it synchronizes video playback, if there is an issue on your end, no one else can watch it in real-time.
To fix your Teleparty HBO Max extension, disable and re-enable the extensions, clear your browser cache and verify you are running the latest software version. Afterward, check if the app’s permissions are correctly set. If it’s not working, reinstall the extension and use an alternative web browser.
Now that you have a clear insight into the exact troubleshooting steps we will be performing, let’s see the most common causes for this issue.
Why Is Teleparty HBO Max Not Working?
There can be many reasons behind the issue. But the common causes for the Teleparty extension not to work for HBO Max are:
1. Software Issues with Teleparty extensions
If your Teleparty extension has encountered an internal software error whilst running, you won’t be able to use it properly.
2. Improper Configuration of Permissions
Sometimes, a browser will prevent specific add-ons from running or restrict their permissions to access certain sites such as HBO.
3. Outdated Browsers Software
If your browser is running an older version, it might be incompatible with the current Teleparty extension version you have.
4. Faulty Installation of Teleparty
If the installation of your Teleparty has corrupted its data, it might malfunction when you try to use it.
5. Runtime Browser Issues
If your browser has internal errors, it will have problems loading or properly using some extensions.
Now that you are familiar with the most common causes for this issue, you can start troubleshooting your Teleparty HBO Max issue.
How To Fix Teleparty HBO Max Not Working?
Before you continue, please note that some steps below will erase and delete any saved logins and passwords.
Ensure that you have all of your valuable data backed up and secure before proceeding with this troubleshooting of the Teleparty extension.
Most of these steps work on both Mac and Windows PC.
Solution #1 Clear The Cache of your Browser
Clearing your browser cache is the extensions’ first and most universal troubleshooting step.
A faulty browser cache system is one of the most common causes for Teleparty HBO Max not working correctly.
Here are the exact steps to clear your Chrome cache and cookies.
- Open up your Chrome web browser
- Locate and click the triple dot vertical icon on the top right side
- Click the More tools tab in the drop-down menu box
- Click on the Clear Browsing
- You will be prompted to enter a time range for the action; select All time to clear everything
- Confirm the process by clicking on Clear Data
After these steps, you need to close and restart the browser for the effects to take place.
Login to your Teleparty HBO Max account and check to see if your Teleparty is now working properly.
Tip: You should run the Chrome browser as an administrator since some settings might not apply properly for local user accounts.
Solution #2 Re-Enable The Teleparty Extension
Re-enabling the Teleparty Extension can be a quick workaround to force it to reload and hopefully clear any present issues.
Note that these steps apply to Chrome only.
- Open your Google Chrome browser
- Click on the Extension icon (it’s shaped like a puzzle piece)
- Click on the Manage Extension tab at the bottom of the menu
- Find your Teleparty extension icon and click on Details on its panel
- Disable and re-enable the On Slider to restart your Teleparty Extension\
After these steps, restart your Chrome web browser and see if you can typically use the Teleparty extension.
Note: You can disable all other extensions besides Teleparty to check if the issue is just with that one extension.
Solution #3 Check Your Browser Permissions
Sometimes browsers restrict specific actions from being executed.
You must ensure that all required permissions for your Teleparty Extension are enabled, so you successfully share HBO max links.
Here is how you enable extension permissions on Chrome:
- Open your Chrome web browser
- Click on the Extension panel
- Click on More and click “This can read and change site data.”
- Afterward, select the necessary permissions for your Teleparty Extension
After these processes are done, you need to close and reopen the browser for the effects to take place.
Note: Chrome might automatically reset these settings with new updates, so make sure to check these settings occasionally.
Solution #4 Manually Update Your Chrome Extensions
The Chrome web browser usually keeps all extensions automatically updated periodically.
Sometimes it can miss a crucial update before its update cycle, so you have to check for updates manually.
Here are the exact steps to force your Chrome to perform an extension update.
- Open up your Google Chrome application
- On the top right corner, click on the vertical triple dot icon
- Click on the More Tools option and then click on Extensions
- Toggle the Developer Mode slider on the top side to access additional settings
- Find and click the Update button that appeared in the developer mode
- Wait for any new updates to install
These steps will manually force your chrome to update your Teleparty extension manually. You can check if the update was successful in this way:
Relaunch the Extension tab from the steps above and verify if your Teleparty has the latest version installed (signified by the number combination next to its name).
Note: Please close the Chrome browser and restart it to apply the new settings.
Solution #5 Reinstall The Teleparty Extension
Reinstalling your Teleparty extension can solve any potential issues with faulty data during download and installation.
Here are the exact steps to remove and reinstall your Teleparty add-on for HBO Max.
- Open your Chrome browser and right-click on your Teleparty icon on the top right side of the browser
- Click on the Remove from Chrome button and click Yes for the popup box.
- Reinstall the extension by clicking here and then clicking the Add to Chrome button
After you successfully reinstall the Teleparty extensions, please restart your Chrome for the effects and check if it’s working as intended.
Note: Double Check your Teleparty extension permissions after installing it by repeating solution #3.
Solution #6 Update Your Web Browser
If your web browser is not up to date, it might interfere with the proper operation of many extensions and add-ons.
In this case, you can force your browser to perform a manual update to ensure it is running the latest version.
You might need to repeat this step occasionally if automatic OS updates are disabled.
Here are the steps to update your Chrome browser:
- Run the Chrome browser
- Click on the vertical triple dot menu and click on Settings
- Click on the three-lined menu icon on the left
- Find and click the About Chrome option on the bottom
- Click on Update Google Chrome (if this option is missing, you are running the latest version)
- Wait for the update to download, and then relaunch your browser for the settings to take effect.
Note: Every browser has different steps to force a manual update, so check the steps if you are not using Google Chrome.
Solution #7 Try Another Web Browser
If you wonder if Teleparty works with HBO max in other browsers, the answer is yes. Currently, the Teleparty is supported by these three browsers:
- Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge and Opera.
Trying a different browser can circumvent any issues Teleparty might have with your current web browser.
All these browsers can run on either Windows or Mac OS. So, feel free to try installing the extension on a different browser.
Tip: Try using the Teleparty extension on a different device. You have to invite your friends to watch HBO together.
The best fix for Teleparty not working for HBO max is to restart the extension and troubleshoot your browser. See if all the correct permissions are granted for Teleparty and if it’s running the latest version. Check if the HBO service is down, and finally, see if switching to another web browser will resolve the issue with the Teleparty extension.
Now that you know why Teleparty for HBO Max is not working, we hope you can resolve the issue with our solutions.
If none of the fixes has helped, you can contact the Teleparty team for additional specialized troubleshooting steps.
Read Next: HBO Max Not Working on Xfinity X1?
Finn Wheatley holds a Master’s Degree in Computer Science from UCL, London. He helped small data science consultancy firms, helping large corporations to grow their data capabilities, deploy advanced machine learning-based analytics and troubleshoot tech-related issues. Check out more about him here.