Want to stream from iPhone to TV without WiFi? Then stay with us!
We all know that if you haven’t got an Apple TV or a MacBook it’s hard streaming iPhone content on the big TV screen, without access to WiFi.
Let’s learn how to overcome this!
In order to stream from an iPhone to a TV without WiFi, you need a lightning to HDMI or VGA cable to connect the phone to the TV.
Also, Google Chromecast in combination with the hotspot of your iPhone can also cast iPhone screens from various streaming apps.
Can You Stream from iPhone to TV Without WiFi?
Well, streaming from iPhone to a TV without WiFi could be challenging if you don’t have the right equipment but not impossible.
There are quite a few different ways to stream content from iPhone to a smart or non-smart TV without WiFi so let’s take a quick look at all of them:
- Use an Adapter (HDMI or VGA)
- Google Chromecast + Hotspot
- iPhone to Apple TV (AirPlay)
- Connect remotely (Anydesk)
Check This First!
Almost all possible ways to stream content from iPhone to a TV without WiFi involve an HDMI input.
This is why, before everything else, it’s recommended to check whether your TV has an HDMI input and if yes, ensure that they are functional and free for use!
How To Stream From iPhone to TV Without WiFi?
Tip: Try multiple ways to stream from your iPhone to the TV!
1. Stream via Google Chromecast
Another way to stream content from iPhone to any TV with HDMI input is via Google’s Chromecast device.
The connection is pretty simple and also works with Android phones!
Here’s how to stream iPhone to the TV with Chromecast:
- Connect the Chromecast and iPhone to one WiFi.
- On the iPhone open any streaming application.
- Start streaming any TV Show or Movie on the iPhone.
- Tap on the “Cast” icon in one of the corners.
- Select your Chromecast and the feed should appear!
Info: Be informed that some of the streaming apps might or might not support screen casting or the option could be under a different label or into a different menu.
2. Use an Apple TV and “Airplay”
When you have an Apple TV at home, streaming from an iPhone to any TV is easy and doesn’t require anything but connecting a few cables.
Again, we need an HDMI input on your TV as well as a working HDMI cable to connect the Apple TV.
When we’re ready we can simply stream contact from our iPhone and use the Airplay feature to cast the screen on the Apple TV.
The Airplay can be found in the Quick Menu of all Apple devices under the name “Screen Mirroring.
Note: For the AirPlay to work, the Apple TV has to be connected to one WiFi same as your iPhone!
3. Use a Computer or Laptop!
There is a way to stream content from an iPhone directly onto a TV without using WiFi but using a computer or a laptop instead.
If we can use the TV like a monitor via HDMI, VGA, or Display Port, then we’ll find software to mirror what’s on the iPhone’s screen.
Follow the steps below to display the iPhone’s screen on the TV:
- Download Anydesk for a computer.
- Download the Anydesk app for iPhone.
- Open Anydesk on both instances.
- Copy the iPhone’s Anydesk IP address.
- Paste the address in the computer Anydesk.
- Tap on the “Connect’ button to complete.
Note: To start seeing the iPhone’s screen on the computer (TV), you need to accept the remote session on the mobile’s side.
4. Use the Mobile Hotspot (4G)
In case you want to stream content from your iPhone on any TV without WiFi, you can establish your own internet connection by enabling the personal hotspot.
Any iPhone has this feature and the cellular can be shared with other devices as long as you’re contracted with an operator.
Here’s how to share personal hotspot from your iPhone:
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Tap on the Personal Hotspot tab.
- Toggle on “Allow Others to Join”.
- Set an easy-to-remember password.
This way, you’ll be able to connect a smart TV to the personal hotspot and stream content from your iPhone, by accessing the iCould.
In addition, you can attempt to download any third-party apps from the App Store that claim that streaming from iPhone to any smart TV is possible!
5. Use a USB Flash Drive!
Here, we’ll learn how to watch the content on our iPhone onto any TV that has a USB port on the panel, hence we can insert a flash drive.
In addition, we would need a computer that we can use to transfer the content from our iPhone to the flash drive first.
Follow the steps below:
- Acquire at least a 4GB or 8GB flash drive for the process.
- Connect the flash drive to an USB port on your computer.
- Open “This PC” on your computer and find the flash drive.
- Right-click on the drive and tap “Format” > “FAT 32”.
- Then connect the iPhone to the computer via a USB cable.
- Open the directory of your iPhone and find the DCMI folder.
- Download all videos you would like to stream on the TV.
- Transfer the selected content to the USB flash drive.
Info: When you’re ready you should plug the flash drive into the USB port on your TV and select the input to view the content.
6. Use a Wired (Ethernet) for TV
In case your smart TV does have an Ethernet port and could be connected to the internet without using WiFi, streaming from an iPhone becomes a bit easier.
When your TV is connected to the internet, you can either sign into iCloud to view the content on the iPhone without WiFi.
The other alternative solution would be to download a third-party application from the app store that can cast the screen of your iPhone to the TV.
Some of these applications are the following:
- Screen Mirroring – Miracast TV
- Screen Mirroring – Smart App
- Screen Mirroring – Share Cast
- Miracast Screen Mirroring+
- TV Cast & Screen Mirroring
Info: All of the above-listed apps are available in the App Store for any iOS device so it’s worth checking them out.
7. Use a Lightning Cable Adapter!
All iPhones have a lightning port which is used for transferring data, charging as well as video streaming.
The easiest way to start from iPhone to any TV with an HDMI port is to use an adapter with an HDMI port to establish a wired (no WiFi or internet) connection.
- Use a Lightning to HDMI Adapter:
For a TV with a free HDMI port, we recommend getting the RIVAD HDMI Adapter to connect any Apple device to a TV. There are no extra steps necessary, besides the wired connection.
- Use a Lightning to VGA Adapter:
If you happen to have a free VGA port on your TV, you can as well use the WORLDBOYD Lighting to VGA Adapter. This is a great connection for quick and responsive tasks.
- Use a Lightning to RCA Adapter:
Another “oldschool” way of transferring video would be the RCA cable and luckily there is a Lightint to RCA Cable for iPhone. This way you can connect even the oldest TV, since HDMI is entirely excluded from this method of connection.
Reminder: Don’t forget that you need to select the correct HDMI input source on your TV!
Hence, to stream from iPhone to TV without WiFi we need an adapter that has to be a lightning connector on one end and HDMI, VGA, or composite on the other end.
We can as well use Google Chromecast as long as we can share mobile data (personal hotspot).
Kevin has over five years of experience working in various Tech startups and providing Technical solutions. He has contributed to many Tech publications and websites.