When the Sprint app not working there are many factors to consider.
The Sprint application requires access to the mobile data so you would need to turn the WiFi OFF and enable the cellular. The next step is to clear the Sprint application cache and re-insert the SIM card and, if necessary, perform a clean installation.
Let’s jump straight into the solutions and fix the problem in a matter of minutes!
To solve the Sprint application issue, you need to undertake a list of solutions that targets all potential possibilities.
The only rule is to follow the solutions in order for the best effects.
If your Sprint application won’t load or just freezes on a black screen when launched, it’s suggested that you refresh the platform.
This will solve any startup-loading problems the Sprint application is having and you will be able to re-enter the platform.
Here’s how to refresh the Sprint application in easy steps:
- Close the Sprint app in case it’s open on your device.
- Go to the temporal memory storage.
- Remove all applications within your mobile’s temporal memory.
- Relaunch the My Sprint app.
- Wait for the application to start.
In case the application now loads, the problem was temporary and shouldn’t appear again in the near future. Sometimes bugs appear that can easily be solved by a restart.
Tip: You can restart the application as frequently as you want.
As with all other online applications, Sprint requires your phone to be connected to cellular mobile data.
In case you’re hooked up to the WiFi, the application will either not start at all or wouldn’t allow you into your Sprint account.
- Disable the WiFi on your smart device.
- Head to the settings.
- Tap on “Mobile Data”.
- Press the slider once to enable the internet.
- Test the Sprint application.
Note: The mobile data will only work if your mobile has an active subscription plan that includes the internet.
A solution that is recommended by many users when they have issues with the Sprint application is to hard reset the mobile device.
There’s a great chance that this issue is temporarily caused and by getting your device restarted, you will be able to re-enter the My Sprint app.
Here’s how to hard reboot your mobile device in easy steps:
- Plug your mobile device into the charger.
- Press and hold the power button on the side.
- Once the power slider appears, swipe it left to turn the device off.
- Wait for the mobile device to shut down.
- Wait for another 60 seconds to complete the hard reset.
- Unplug the mobile phone from the charger.
- Press and hold the power button on the side for 3 seconds.
- Check if the Sprint app would work now.
Notice: Make sure to keep your mobile device shut down for at least 60 seconds or the hard reset won’t be effective.
Sometimes your device might not recognize the Sprint SIM card and, in turn, the mobile application won’t work.
SIM card displacement could happen when you drop or physically impact your device. In that regard, it’s better to take the SIM card out and put it back in.
Here is how to reinsert the SIM card of your device:
- Locate the small pinhole on the side of your device.
- On some devices, the SIM card is behind the battery.
- Use a sharp and thin object to reach in and press the button.
- The SIM card holder should pop right out.
- Take the SIM card out and wait for a few moments.
- Embed the SIM card and slide the holder inwards.
- Insert the carrier PIN code on your screen (by default it’s “0000”).
Once the SIM card has been re-inserted check whether the application problem will still be there. In case the issue persists, proceed further with the solutions.
Note: The Sprint application won't work on a device without a T-Mobile/Sprint SIM card.
When the Sprint application wouldn’t work, you should check if there are newer versions available for the platform.
The My Sprint app is well-known to have issues working on older versions and by updating you would be able to solve the problem.
Here’s how to update the Sprint app’s version on all mobile platforms:
- Go to the App Store of your mobile phone.
- Head to “Already Installed apps”.
- From the list, locate the Sprint app and press it once.
- Once you’re at the “functions” list, select “Check for Updates”.
- Press the “Update” button if an update appears.
- If you’ve triggered a Sprint app update, wait for it to finish.
- Re-enter the Sprint platform and test.
Tip: While at the app store, you can enable the “Auto-Updates” feature from the settings to get Sprint app updates automatically.
A bad installation or corrupted files can often prevent a certain application from functioning unless you clear the cache.
If used for too long, the cache of the Sprint app may have built up, which can cause all kinds of issues with the platform.
Here’s how to clear the Sprint app’s cache on all mobile devices:
- Go to the Settings of your mobile.
- Head to the Applications.
- Scroll down and browse all of the applications installed on your device.
- Locate the Sprint app and tap it once.
- Locate the “Clear Cache” button.
- Press on “Clear Cache” to immediately uninstall all stored cache data.
- Re-launch the Sprint app and check if the problem is fixed.
Tip: You should repeat these steps for all of your installed applications to free up your device from all cache data.
When the Sprint app not working even after clearing the cache, your next step should be to reinstall the entire application.
Many users suggested that reinstalling the application fixed the problems they had with the platform and you should do the same.
Here’s how to reinstall the Sprint app in step-by-step instructions:
- Go to the Settings of your mobile device.
- Select the “Applications” tab.
- Locate the Sprint app.
- Go to Functions for the Sprint app and choose “Uninstall”.
- Once the Sprint app is removed, enter the app store of your mobile device.
- Write “My Sprint app” in the search field.
- Download the first result.
- Launch the Sprint app.
- Sign-in back into your account.
Now when the Sprint application is cleanly installed, double-check if you’re connected to your mobile data and if WiFi is turned OFF.
When everything is taken care of, test whether you’ll be able to use the Sprint application without a problem.
Note: Clear reinstallation of the Sprint will disconnect the app from your account.
To solve the problem with the Sprint application you would need to disconnect from the WiFi and use your mobile data. Then re-insert the SIM card, clear the Sprint cache and update to the latest version. Conclude by performing a Sprint app reinstallation.
Read Next: Why Is My Sprint Bill So High?
Now when you know why the Sprint app not working and how to potentially solve the problem you’re ready to help the situation.
Don’t forget that you can always contact T-Mobile/Sprint customer service for more help in regard to your problem!
Kevin has over five years of experience working in various Tech startups and providing Technical solutions. He has contributed to many Tech publications and websites.