You are eager to share your latest playlist with your friends but Spotify friend activity not updating from your end. How do you get around this issue?
Spotify is a digital music streaming service that provides access to millions of songs and content from creators. To fix Spotify not updating friend activity, reinstall the Spotify app to restore default settings.
In this article, you will find reasons for this anomaly as well as detailed solutions to the same.
Some of the most common reasons include:
- App might be out of date
- Device’s operating system not up to date
- Listening activity on app is turned off
- Spotify service is down
The following solutions will most likely sort out the issue:
Restarting your app could be an easy way to sort this issue.
To restart the Spotify app, follow these steps:
- On your Homescreen, tap recent apps shortcut located at the bottom of your screen (sometimes represented by three horizontal lines)
- Swipe left or right to locate the Spotify app
- When you find it, swipe upwards to close it
- Go back to your Home screen, locate the app on your device and relaunch it
Another way to restart your app from the settings menu:
- Go to Settings
- Select Apps
- Tap the three dots on the top right corner of your screen
- Select “show system apps” then select the app you want to close
- On the App info page, select Force stop
- Relaunch the app
If you are using Spotify on an android device, you have to edit your privacy settings to be able to share your listening activity.
Make sure that “Share my listening activity on Spotify” is turned on, so that those who follow you can see what you’re listening to
To enable listening activity:
- Open the Spotify app and head to the homepage
- Tap the Cog icon on the top right corner of your screen
- Scroll down to the Social tab
- Ensure that “Listening activity” is toggled on
- Go back to the homepage as the changes will be saved automatically
The Friend Activity that appears for different users is determined by both personal preferences and the individuals you follow.
Note: If you don't see people in your feed, it's conceivable that your friends have turned off that feature.
You can double-check with a few of the individuals you follow to see whether they have the toggle turned on. They can also try toggling the setting off and on again to refresh it.
When did you last update your app? Your version of Spotify could be the cause of these issues.
To manually update your app:
- Open Google play store app
- Select Profile icon at the top right
- Tap on Manage apps and device
- Scroll down to Spotify app and check for the label “update available”
- Tap update
Note: If the “update available” option does not appear it means you are running the latest version.
To avoid recurrence of the same, set your app to auto-update by following the steps below:
- Head to Google Play Store
- Select the Profile icon
- Scroll down to Settings
- Tap on Auto Update apps
- A window will pop up asking your preference for auto update.
- Select your preference and tap Done
Ensure your device runs the latest version of OS to avoid compatibility issues.
To update your android device, do the following:
- Connect your device to Wi-Fi
- Go to Settings
- Tap About phone
- Tap check for updates.
- Tap on the update button that will appear (if update is available)
- Install by tapping Install now, Install system software or Reboot and install depending on OS.
You could also try to re-log into your account and see whether this resolves your issue.
To complete the re-login process:
- Open the Spotify app on your device
- Tap the settings icon no the top right corner then scroll to the bottom
- Select Log out
- Start a new session and follow the Log in prompts
- Enter your details and tap Log in
Another way of fixing this bug could be uninstalling and reinstalling the Spotify app, especially if the app data has been corrupted.
To uninstall the corrupt version:
- Locate the app
- Tap and hold for a few seconds
- On the pop up select Uninstall to remove the app from your phone
After successfully uninstalling the app, soft reset your device to clear the memory cache and refresh system functions.
After rebooting, downloading, and installing the latest version of the Spotify app from the app store of your phone. Now, Login and check if the issue has been cleared.
The Spotify server might be having technical issues that are causing delays in updating friend activity.
You can check the officer Social Media handle of Spotify, for any possible outages causing the issue. In this instance, the most you can do is contact Spotify help desk and make them aware of the issue.
Note: Sometimes the Spotify app takes a long(up to a day) to update “listening activity” but eventually does so.
As a last resort, if none of the above solutions seem to offer a way out, try resetting your network.
Your android device might be having trouble connecting to the network which in turn can cause the Spotify app to malfunction. The solution to this is resetting your device’s network.
To reset your network, do the following:
- Head to Settings on your device
- Scroll and tap General management or system (This depends on device)
- Tap on Reset
- Then tap Reset network settings and confirm
Note: Resetting your network does not erase data or interfere with other settings on your device.
To fix Spotify friend activity not available, unfollow your friends then log out of your account. After a short while, log back into your account and re-follow your friends.
The Spotify friend activity will not work if the Facebook account you used to sign in is not in sync with your app. Check to confirm if your Facebook account is active.
You can anonymously enjoy your music by going to your App>Settings>Social Tab and toggle private session on.
Read Next: Why is Spotify Downloaded Songs Not Playing?
That’s how you fix Spotify friend activity not available. Any of the above solutions should clear that error. Spotify is the most convenient way of accessing a large music library on the go.
It’s a must-have for music lovers. Don’t let these bugs stop you from enjoying your music. Fix them and enjoy sharing your favorite playlists.
Kevin has over five years of experience working in various Tech startups and providing Technical solutions. He has contributed to many Tech publications and websites.