The Spectrum DVR not deleting problem has been reported by many users of Spectrum cable TV.
This is an error that has become a hard nut to crack for many. However, we have found out how you can simply deal with the problem.
While Spectrum TV offers some of the best programs, you can delete any of your recordings just by pressing a few buttons. To fix the Spectrum DVR not deleting problem, you will have to use the cleanup feature.
With this option, you do not delete recordings from the point of view but rather, from the cleanup page.
This eliminates any bugs or errors that might prevent a program from being deleted. If you try this option and you are still unable to delete your program, you have to refresh your DVR.
Keep on reading to find ways to delete any content on your Spectrum DVR.
Reasons Why Spectrum DVR Won’t Delete Recordings
It can be quite frustrating if Spectrum DVR will not delete recordings when you want it to. Even so, you must try to get to the root of the problem.
The first thing you want to consider is the reason why your DVR is misbehaving.
Some of the top causes of this problem are as follows.
- You are following the wrong procedure to delete. Each type of program has a way it should be deleted on Spectrum DVR
- Your DVR is experiencing a technical glitch. This can be resolved by resetting the device.
- The program you are trying to delete is corrupt and needs to be cleaned up.
- The Spectrum Database where your files are stored could be corrupt.
Solutions to Spectrum DVR Not Deleting Error
The main question of concern here is how to delete DVR recordings Spectrum.
What most people fail to understand is that, when you want to delete a program, you should follow all the steps.
Most people just hit the delete button and assume that the content will disappear.
To solve the Spectrum DVR recording and deleting problem, we are going to look at a few solutions.
These solutions mainly focus on the right steps to delete content and fixes to any error that would prevent deletion.
Solution #1 Locate and Delete Series Recordings on DVR
The solution to deleting most content on Spectrum DVR is finding its location.
Unless you can access where a specific program is held you will not be able to delete it.
This works most of the time and should be an easy solution. However, if it still leads to issues, you can try other solutions.
To answer the question of how to delete a series recording on Spectrum, we must first locate series recordings.
For series recordings, you will have to go to My DVR by pressing the DVR or My DVR buttons on the remote. You may also go to your library and select Go to My DVR.
Steps to locate and delete series on Spectrum DVR
- On your remote press the DVR or My DVR buttons
- You will see all the recorded programs on your Recording list
- Each folder has a number indicated next to it to show the number of recorded episodes per series.
- Highlight any series by pressing OK to see the individual episodes in the folder.
- To delete all episodes in the folder, select Delete All and confirm by clicking OK.
- You can delete a Specific Episode by clicking on it and selecting Get More Info.
- Under More Info click on Delete and confirm to remove the episode from your recording.
Note: If you want to find a specific episode or program to delete, click on Sort and organize your series according to Title (A-Z) or according to the recorded date.
Solution #2 Deleting Programs Through Device Cleanup
If you try deleting a program from the recorded programs list and you fail, try cleanup. This is where you remove programs to create room on your DVR.
This method is the most effective since it bypasses all other protections on your programs.
Even if a program is locked from deletion, cleaning it up will lead to deletion.
How to delete a program from DVR Cleanup
- On your Spectrum remote press on Cable Button
- Tap on Menu two times
- Select DVR Menu then Select DVR Cleanup
- Scroll to find the program you wish to delete and select Delete on its left.
- Confirm by clicking OK to complete deletion.
Solution #3 Power Cycle Your Device and Try Deleting Again
If the above two steps fail to delete your content, your DVR is corrupt or has a temporary glitch. In either case, there are steps you can take to make things better.
One of these steps is to power cycle your device.
This trick works most of the time when it comes to correcting device errors.
To power cycle your DVR, all you have to do is cut it off from power and drain any internal power. This way, the device is allowed to start all processes in a fresh manner.
How to power cycle Spectrum DVR
- Press the Power Button to turn DVR off
- Unplug the Power Cord from the source power
- Press and hold the Power Button for about 15 seconds
- Plug your DVR back into a power source
- Press the Power Button to turn it on
You can now try to delete the program by following any of the above two methods to see if it works. If it still won’t respond, try the next solution.
Solution #4 Reset Your Device to Delete Programs
The next step you want to try is to reset your DVR. This is probably the most important step to fix any DVR that is not working well.
In this step, we are going to set back the DVR to a new-like state.
You will however not lose your DVR records through resetting.
Steps to reset Spectrum DVR
- Turn your TV and DVR on
- Press and Hold the Reset Button on your remote for about five seconds.
- Allow the DVR to carry out a reboot
- Once the reboot is completed, you will see a message on the screen stating “No Signal“
- Power on the Receiver by pressing the power button on the box
- The TV will display a message stating We are setting things up
- When the reboot is complete, Live TV will display.
Note: This process can take up to 10 minutes in some instances.
Do not be in a hurry or even try to disconnect DVR from the power source. Let it continue to completion.
Solution #5 Record New Programs
One trick that most people do not know is that you do not actually need to delete old DVR recordings on Spectrum.
The programs will automatically get deleted. If there is a specific program you do not want on your DVR, just give it time it will disappear in 90 days.
While all programs have a 90 days period, old programs can be deleted before 90 days as long as there is no space.
The DVR is automatically set to delete the oldest program available to create space for new recordings.
In case you want to delete some newer programs and bypass older ones, all you have to do is protect older programs from automatic deletion.
Your DVR will skip them and delete the ones you do not wish to see on your DVR.
How to protect some programs from automatic deletion
- Press the DVR Button on your remote
- Scroll to the program you wish to protect and press OK
- Highlight the program and press OK
- Select Lock Program
- Once a program is protected a lock appears above it and will not be deleted automatically.
Note: You can always delete it manually any time you wish.
Solution #6 Cancel Recording Unwanted Programs
If you find that you do not have more space yet old programs won’t get deleted, you can cancel recordings.
For instance, you can avoid recording series episodes you have already watched.
How to cancel series recordings
- Press the DVR Button on your remote
- Select Schedule
- Highlight any upcoming episode and Press OK
- Click on More Info
- Select Manage Recordings
- Select Cancel Recordings
Note: You can also cancel an entire series from recording. Just go to My DVR and highlight the series folder.
Scroll to view Series Info and select Manage Recordings then tap on Cancel Recording.
As much as the Spectrum DVR not deleting errors can be frustrating, it can be solved.
If you have struggled to delete your old programs, one of the tips above should help you navigate over it.
If you are not successful after trying all options, you might have to call Spectrum for assistance.
Read Next: Why Is My Spectrum DVR not recording? Proven Fix Methods
Kevin has over five years of experience working in various Tech startups and providing Technical solutions. He has contributed to many Tech publications and websites.