Is your baby bassinet SNOO not responding to cries? Well, we’re here to help you out!
The reason why SNOO is failing to detect your baby’s cries could be due to reduced detector sensitivity or an issue with the settings of the SNOO mobile app.
Always being there for your baby in such times is non-questionable, so this guide will help you troubleshoot the problem.
Whenever your SNOO isn’t responding to audible cries, increase the sensitivity setting within the SNOO application and power cycle the bed. If the problem persists, reduce all background noises and factory reset the bassinet.
Let’s uncover the reasons for SNOO’s failed detection!
Why is SNOO Not Responding to Baby Cries?
To receive a notification on your mobile device, it must first be distributed from the baby SNOO bassinet to your mobile via a wireless internet connection.
If the data transfer encounters any issues along the way, you will not be notified about your baby’s crying, at least not on time…
Here are all the possible causes for the unresponsiveness of the SNOO bassinet:
This is what could possibly interfere with the delivery of the SNOO notification.
Thus, to explore further solutions for the SNOO bassinet’s inconsistency, proceed with the troubleshooting guide!
SNOO Not Responding to Cries – Quick Fixes!
Tip: Follow the steps in consecutive order!
1. Increase SNOO’s Sensitivity
The SNOO application allows you to adjust how quickly SNOO reacts to mild fussing, sneezing sounds, or even snorts.
To engage with the bassinet’s sensitivity option, you must have access to the SNOO application, available for Android and Apple iOS devices through the content store.
Here’s how to adjust the sensitivity indicator of the SNOO bassinet in easy steps:
- Open the SNOO app and tap on the “Setting” icon.
- Tap “Responsiveness” under the “Preferences” tile.
- Select an option from the choices provided by SNOO.
Reminder: SNOO must be connected to Wi-Fi to adjust with the sensitivity setting!
What are the Available SNOO Sensitivity Options?
The sensitivity can be set to the following options:
- Very low responsiveness
- Low responsiveness
- Normal (factory setting)
- High responsiveness
- Very high responsiveness
If the responsiveness was “normal” until now, try choosing any higher options and check if the bassinet detects your baby’s cries.
Feel free to experiment with the setting to determine which of the sensitivity options detects the noises your baby produces most accurately.
Tip: We recommend using the “High responsiveness” setting to prevent false alarms!
2. Power Cycle the SNOO Bassinet
The SNOO bassinet may not respond to your baby’s cries immediately after hearing them due to an underlying malfunction with the electrical supply.
It is possible to address fluctuations with the electrical connection of the bassinet by conducting a power circulation on your equipment.
Follow these steps to perform a power cycle on the SNOO bassinet:
- Find the Power button on the underside of the bassinet.
- Press the Power button to turn “OFF” the SNOO device.
- Disconnect the power adapter from the electrical socket.
- Wait for 60 seconds while your SNOO bassinet is “OFF.”
- Then, connect the power cable of the baby bed to power.
- Finally, turn on the bassinet by pressing the Power button.
While the bassinet is unplugged, inspect the physical condition of the power cable, as this could also result in issues with the electrical supply.
In addition, test the bassinet by connecting it to an alternative A/C outlet to check if the power supply of the previous socket has been fluctuating.
Tip: For a peaceful sleep for your little one, we advise plugging SNOO directly into the socket.
3. Adjust the SNOO App Notifications
There’s a possibility that the SNOO bassinet is detecting the cries of your baby, but your mobile device is failing to produce a notification.
If you’ve deactivated the SNOO app’s ability to send push notifications to your mobile device, you will not be alerted whenever your baby is crying.
How to Change SNOO Notification Settings On Android?
- Open the Settings app on your Android device.
- Tap “Notifications” and choose “App Settings.”
- Tap “All Apps” and locate the SNOO platform.
- Select SNOO and set the notifications to “ON.”
How to Change SNOO Notification Settings On Apple’s iOS?
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone or iPad device.
- Tap on “Notifications” from the settings home screen.
- Scroll down and tap on the SNOO app once you see it.
- Press “Allow Notifications” under the “Alerts” header.
Bonus Tip: Check the Mute and Volume
You might still be receiving alerts from the SNOO app without being aware if your mobile is set to “Mute” or the volume is lowered all the way to 0%.
The next step is to verify that your device is not muted and set the volume indicator to at least 50% to hear the baby cry notification alerts.
Info: Push alerts from SNOO will be stacked on your mobile device’s lock screen!
4. Silence Background Noises
There’s a possibility that the bassinet’s noise indicator is not detecting your baby’s cries due to background noise.
Environmental noises that range in the larger group of decibels or transmit high-pitched outputs can interfere with the detector of the SNOO bassinet, preventing detection.
Electrical appliances such as TVs, soundbars, or even the noise produced by the heaters can prevent the bassinet’s detector from recognizing your baby’s cries.
Thus, verify that your baby’s environment is quiet, with only the white noise of the SNOO baby bassinet being audible.
Can SNOO’s White Noise Prevent Detection?
Typically, the audio sensors of the SNOO bassinet are designed to recognize the white noise produced by the baby bed itself.
If you’ve maximized the white noise setting, try lowering it to check if the SNOO bassinet will detect your baby’s cries in a completely silent environment.
Note: The speakers of the SNOO can produce white noise with strength of up to 85 decibels!
5. Reinstall the SNOO Application
Perhaps there’s an underlying issue with the SNOO app that requires a deep reinstallation of the platform.
This step will guide you through removing the SNOO app and downloading it again without losing access to your account or the baby’s bassinet.
How to Reinstall the SNOO App On Android?
- Open the “Settings” on your mobile Android device.
- Go to “Applications” or “Storage” and find the app.
- Tap the SNOO app once to access the configuration.
- Press the “Uninstall” or “Remove this App” option.
- Install the “SNOO” app from the Google Play Store.
How to Reinstall the SNOO App On Apple’s iOS?
- Locate the SNOO app on the homepage of the iPhone/iPad.
- Press and hold the app for 3 seconds until options appear.
- Select the “Remove App” button from the drop-down menu.
- After uninstalling the SNOO platform, access the App Store.
- Press the Cloud icon to install SNOO after locating the app.
Tip: Activate “Automatic Updates” for the SNOO app!
6. Factory Reset the SNOO Bassinet
If you’ve attempted to increase the sensitivity, checked the physical condition of your bassinet, and adjusted the app settings to no avail, it’s time for a factory reset.
This is one of the most potent solutions for underlying software issues with the bassinet, proven to help many users.
Warning: The information and settings lost due to the factory reset cannot be restored!
Follow these instructions to perform a factory reset on the SNOO bassinet:
- Open the SNOO app on your mobile Android/iOS device.
- Go down to “Devices Category” and tap “Baby’s SNOO.”
- Scroll to the bottom of the section and tap “Unpair SNOO.”
- Follow the on-screen instructions to start the operation.
Remember that all interactions with the bassinet must be avoided during the factory reset.
The power supply of the sleeping bed must remain consistent throughout the procedure, otherwise, the reset will fail, and further system complications may occur.
Tip: For more assistance with SNOO detection issues, contact SNOO Customer Service!
Whenever the SNOO not responding to cries, increase the SNOO’s sensitivity setting and power cycle your bassinet.
If the issue persists, reinstall the SNOO app from your mobile device, silence any background noises, and perform a factory reset on the sleeping bed.
Follow us for more SNOO guides and troubleshooting!
Kevin has over five years of experience working in various Tech startups and providing Technical solutions. He has contributed to many Tech publications and websites.