Are you wondering why is your SNOO not moving? Well, stay with us throughout this guide!
So, poor movements of the SNOO sleeping bassinet are often identified as a failure with the mechanism or incomplete motions.
This guide will help you decipher the proper movement patterns of the bassinet and provide you with top-tier troubleshooting solutions to attempt now.
Whenever the SNOO bassinet isn’t moving correctly, check if the power supply is correct and dislocate physical obstructions in SNOO’s moving range.
Why is My SNOO Not Moving?
There could be many reasons causing poor movement of the baby’s sleeping sack or blocking the mechanism entirely.
By reviewing an organized list containing all causes for the malfunction, we will acquire a better idea of what’s reducing the SNOO’s movement and construct solutions.
Here’s why the SNOO bassinet isn’t moving or has incorrect movements:
This could possibly impact the movement of the SNOO bassinet and result in a blockage with the mechanism.
So, remain invested as we review effective solutions for the bassinet problem.
SNOO Not Moving – 6 Proven & Working Methods
Tip: Follow the solutions in consecutive order!
1. Inspect the SNOO’s Power Supply
When the SNOO isn’t moving, or it unpairs/disconnects occasionally, the issue might be caused by an insufficiency in the power source.
To solve this, you must verify that the power cord is correctly connected to the electrical outlet and that the electrical transfer is stable and secure.
Also, inspect the power cord for any visible damages, such as frayed wires, cuts, or rips on the cable, and secure the power cord on both ends.
If any damage is found during the inspection, don’t use the SNOO bassinet and contact the merchant for further assistance or replacement.
Tip: With no damage on the cord, re-plug the SNOO and secure both sides of the power cord!
2. Power Cycle SNOO Bassinet
A simple solution to motion issues with the SNOO bassinet is to power cycle the baby bassinet.
The power circulation clears the temporal issues with the SNOO bassinet’s system, impacting the movement schedule of the unit, the proper movement of the sleeping sack, and the O-rings.
Here’s how to power cycle the SNOO bassinet in easy steps:
- Locate the power button on the SNOO.
- Switch the button to “OFF” on the device.
- Unplug the SNOO from the power source.
- Wait for a few minutes while unplugged.
- Plug the SNOO back into the power source.
- Turn on the device with the power button.
After successfully power cycling the SNOO and clearing the temporary cache the system has memorized, it should reboot normally and fix the occurring issue.
While the unit is unplugged, inspect the power port for potential obstructions or any disruptive dust or dirt accumulation.
3. Check the Bassinet’s Settings
Using the SNOO app is imminent, as it provides the standard setup interface of the bassinet and basic/advanced customization possibilities for all users.
Hence, the motion of the bassinet may get disrupted due to incorrect settings configuration and alertness options.
How to Fix SNOO Motion Within the SNOO App?
Each of the following settings can alter SNOO’s motion:
- Intensity Level – Allows adjusting the intensity level of the bassinet’s movement by pressing the two arrow buttons or tapping the pause/play button to stop the movement entirely.
- The U-shaped icon settings – Display the baby’s sleeping sessions and show different indicators for the current sleeping schedule condition. It also provides tips on how to improve the baby’s sleeping hours.
- The interactive settings – Found within the “Settings” tab accessed from the homepage. Provide the users with access to the motion level, volume, added devices, profile, and advanced bassinet customizations.
- Help & Feedback settings – Through the “Help & Feedback” section, you can access the FAQ section, the blog articles, the terms of service policy, and contact SNOO support.
If you cannot find particular settings within the SNOO app, verify that the platform is updated to the latest firmware version.
You can do that by accessing the Google Play/App Store on your device and heading to the “Manage Installed Apps” section in your profile.
Note: An active internet connection is required for changing the SNOO app settings!
4. Remove Physical Obstructions
Physical objects surrounding the frame of the SNOO bassinet may interrupt all side movements and keep the sleeping sack in place.
So, the next step is to verify that there are no objects lying around and prevent the motions of the SNOO bassinet to restore the standard unit movements.
- Dislocate all physical objects within a 50-foot radius of the SNOO bassinet.
How to Check SNOO For Dust & Debris?
While inspecting the physical condition of the SNOO device, you might as well clear all excess dust accumulations or debris on SNOO’s components.
Obstructing particles often find their way within the internal components of the SNOO, resulting in poor movement of the unit mechanism.
Necessary: Unplug the SNOO before interacting with the mechanism and any parts!
An effective way to check for obstructing particles in the mechanism of the SNOO bassinet is to unmount the sleeping sack and verify that each hook connects appropriately with the O-rings.
You can use a wet cloth to collect all the debris around the hooks and the SNOO holder, which must restore the functionality and movement of the device.
Tip: Avoid using liquids to clean your SNOO bassinet!
5. Replace SNOO’s O-Rings
The SNOO bassinet’s wheels can be damaged, heavily impairing the mechanism’s movement or making it impossible to turn.
Hence, verifying that the installed O-rings are in proper condition or installing new ones is necessary for restoring the proper motion, so this is the best next step.
- You can order new O-rings on SNOO’s official website!
How to Replace the SNOO O-Rings?
Here’s how to access the internal components of the SNOO bassinet:
- Unscrew the bolts holding the SNOO’s metal cover.
- Next, detach the three cords from the SNOO mount.
- Next, gently remove the second cover of the SNOO.
- Then, find the compromised O-rings on the wheels.
- Gently remove the damaged O-rings from your unit.
- Then, insert the new O-rings into the damaged spots.
- Lastly, reinstall all the pieces of your bassinet together.
When the new O-rings are in place, turn on the SNOO bassinet and plug it back to power. It should run as new and fix the occurring issue for good.
If you’re not confident you can execute such repair yourself, contact SNOO customer support for further assistance.
6. Factory Reset the SNOO
Performing a factory reset on the SNOO device is an effective method to address all issues with the hardware and the software.
Starting such a reset is possible through the SNOO mobile app as long as the SNOO baby bassinet is added and configured as a standalone interface device.
Here’s how to factory reset the SNOO device in easy steps:
- Enter the SNOO mobile app on your device.
- Head over to the “Settings” tab at the bottom.
- Select your SNOO and press “Unpair SNOO.”
- Follow the on-screen steps that must appear.
- Complete the initial setup of the SNOO device.
Once the factory reset has been finalized, you must complete the initial installation of the SNOO device by selecting the plus icon at the top-right part of the homepage.
You will be prompted to assign the SNOO to a new name and adjust the basic instructions, so follow them until the end.
Warning: Do not unplug or power off the SNOO during the factory reset!
What Do the SNOO Color Indicators Mean?
You may encounter different LED indicators during the factory reset of the SNOO baby bassinet.
So, it’s essential to be informed that each status lamp indicates a different SNOO device state:
- White – the SNOO is OFF or not in a session.
- Light Blue – SNOO is running uninterrupted.
- Red – SNOO is on a higher level, soothing your baby.
- Dark Blue – The SNOO has upcoming session hours.
Note: The indicator light may alter multiple times throughout the factory reset!
Whenever your SNOO not moving, check the condition of the power source and restart the bassinet.
If the issue persists, follow up by trying different settings, then inspect for any physical objects stopping the movement, replace the O-rings, and reset the SNOO.
Follow us for more!
Kevin has over five years of experience working in various Tech startups and providing Technical solutions. He has contributed to many Tech publications and websites.