SNOO won’t turn on, and you’re wondering why? Well, after reading this guide, you will know!
Whenever the baby bassinet isn’t turning on, the issue is primarily related to a defective power supply.
This guide will provide you with all the essential information for understanding the fault with the SNOO bassinet and troubleshooting it accordingly, with the assistance of a steps guide.
If the SNOO bassinet isn’t turning on, power cycle the device and long-press the in-built physical power button. Next, connect the SNOO device to a different electrical outlet and inspect the physical condition of the bassinet.
To uncover more details, continue reading!
Why is My SNOO Not Turning On?
The first step to recognizing the issue with the SNOO bassinet is reviewing what could go wrong in the first place.
As established, a defective power supply is the leading cause of the bassinet’s inactivity, although other factors must also be considered.
Here are all the possible issues that could occur with the SNOO bassinet:
This is what could prevent the SNOO bassinet from turning on or going off whenever your baby is crying.
So, keep reading to uncover all possible resolutions and fix the bassinet in minutes!
SNOO Won’t Turn On – 6 Quick & Working Solutions!
Tip: Follow the steps in a consecutive order!
1. Long-Hold the SNOO Power Button!
There could be an issue with the SNOO bassinet’s activity status due to an issue with the power button.
To reset your baby’s intelligent bed’s current power supply, hold the power button for half a minute and press it multiple times to re-launch the system.
Where is the SNOO Bassinet’s Power Button?
The action buttons are mounted on a plate underneath the SNOO device’s main compartment, on the bassinet’s slightly rear end.
Two physical action buttons on the SNOO bassinet activate a separate action on the device.
How to Recognise the SNOO Power Button?
One of the action buttons on the SNOO bassinet turns on the Wi-Fi and has an imprinted Wi-Fi icon.
The power button has a power icon and a larger radius than the Wi-Fi activation button next to it, so once you’ve found the power button, hold it for 30 seconds.
Tip: For visual defects and malfunctions to the bassinet, contact SNOO Customer Support!
2. Power Reset the SNOO Bassinet
If the SNOO bassinet is still not turning on, there could be an issue with the A/C power supply of the device.
The next step is to perform a power cycle on the SNOO bassinet by unplugging the power cord from the electrical supply and waiting until the hardware discharges.
Here’s how to perform a power reset on the SNOO bassinet:
- Disconnect the power adapter of the bassinet from the wall outlet.
- Unplug the other end of the cable from the port on the SNOO unit.
- Wait for 60 seconds while the SNOO’s power cable is uninstalled.
- Reconnect the power adapter to the power port on the bed first.
- Plug the other end of the cable into the A/C power supply outlet.
- Check if the baby bassinet will turn on after reconnecting the cable.
After reseating the power adapter, inspect all of the connections of the bassinet and determine if there are loose components or unsecured cables.
If you identify any issues with the power ports or the cable connectors, perhaps this is the reason why your SNOO bassinet is not turning on!
Important: Verify that the A/C power cord of the SNOO bassinet is secured on both ends!
3. Increase SNOO’s Motion Start Level
If the SNOO bassinet isn’t responding fast enough to your baby’s cries, you must increase the “Motion Start” level.
This is another functionality loss that could happen to the SNOO bassinet, so it’s essential to verify that the settings are correct so you can count on your unit to notify you!
Follow these instructions to increase the level of the “Motion Start” SNOO feature:
- Launch the SNOO application on your mobile device.
- Tap the “SNOO profile” icon at the bottom of the page.
- Navigate to the “Device/Preferences” screen section.
- Click on “Motion Start Level” from the options below.
- Tap on one of the available options for the motion start.
The higher the “Motion Start Level” of the SNOO bassinet is, the more likely the SNOO will respond immediately.
So, not increasing the motion start level may prevent the bassinet from alerting through a notification via the SNOO application during an event throughout the night.
Note: You can select from three available settings for the “Motion Start Level” feature!
4. Switch to Another Electrical Outlet!
There’s a high possibility that an improper electrical outlet causes the unexplained functionality loss of the SNOO bassinet.
To determine if the power cable of the SNOO device is plugged in with a defective outlet, you should connect the cable to an alternative socket and perform a test.
- So, relocate your SNOO bassinet to a proven-to-work power socket!
Another thing to remember is that some of your electrical devices may not work properly after a power outage due to power fluctuations.
So, if your power was out and kicked back in recently, you may want to wait for a few hours before drawing conclusions about your device’s functions!
How to Test a Power Outlet Safely?
The simplest way to determine if a power outlet transmits electricity is by connecting the phone’s charger to the socket.
Nowadays, everyone has a charger and can test whether an outlet works or not by checking if the phone is charging.
Pro Tip: To check for power fluctuations from an electrical socket, use a lamp!
5. Adjust the *Responsiveness* Setting!
Another reason why your SNOO won’t power on is the “Responsiveness” setting.
The feature regulates the responsiveness of your SNOO bassinet and is set to “Normal” by default.
So, we suggest setting the feature to higher alertness if the bassinet isn’t detecting your baby’s cries.
Follow these instructions to adjust the “Responsiveness” SNOO setting:
- Open the SNOO mobile app on your Android or Apple iOS device.
- Next, tap the profile icon at the bottom of the platform’s homepage.
- Select the “Preferences” category and head to “Responsiveness.”
- If it is set to “Normal,” uplift the setting to “High Responsiveness.”
- Exit the application and test whether the bassinet has a higher alert.
After setting the “High Responsiveness” option, there is also “Very High Responsiveness,” designed for babies with a shallow cry.
If the bassinet fails to recognize your baby’s cries, set the responsiveness level to maximum, and the problem you’re experiencing should disappear!
6. Restore Your SNOO to Factory Defaults!
Fortunately, forcing a factory reset on the bassinet is possible even when the device is not turned on solely through the SNOO mobile app.
This is one of the most reliable solutions whenever SNOO is not turning on, so keep reading to revert the bassinet to factory defaults!
Note: The SNOO app must be updated to the current version to function correctly!
Here’s how to force a factory reset on the SNOO baby bassinet in easy steps:
- Open the SNOO app on the Android or Apple iOS mobile device.
- Find the “Devices Category” section and click on “Baby’s SNOO.”
- At the bottom, tap the “Unpair SNOO” to begin the factory reset.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to finalize the reset process.
Notice: The SNOO bassinet must be set up initially after the factory reset!
To fix whenever the SNOO won’t turn on, power cycle the bassinet by disconnecting the power adapter from the outlet and increasing the “Motion Start.”
If the problem persists, connect the SNOO bassinet to a different power outlet and perform a factory restoration.
Follow us for more SNOO troubleshooting!
Kevin has over five years of experience working in various Tech startups and providing Technical solutions. He has contributed to many Tech publications and websites.