Are you wondering why your SNOO not connecting to WiFi? Well, you’re not alone in this!
The Wi-Fi setup process of the SNOO baby bassinet must be completed through the SNOO mobile app, available for your Android or Apple iOS device.
- Potential failures during the Wi-Fi initialization could occur due to network issues or possible problems with the SNOO bassinet!
If SNOO refuses to connect to Wi-Fi, update the SNOO app to the latest firmware version and troubleshoot the Wi-Fi network for potential issues.
If the problem persists, position the SNOO bassinet closer to the network device and perform a factory reset on your unit.
Let’s explore the contents of the issue further!
Why is the SNOO App Not Connecting to WiFi?
Before attempting to troubleshoot the Wi-Fi outage of the SNOO bassinet, the first step is to review all potential causes of the issue.
As mentioned, the bassinet may refuse to pair with a Wi-Fi network primarily due to issues with the SNOO app or problems with the local network.
Here’s what could prevent the SNOO device from pairing with a Wi-Fi network:
Those are the potential causes actively suppressing the Wi-Fi feature of the SNOO bassinet.
To review the corresponding solutions, proceed with our chronologically-designed troubleshooting!
SNOO Not Connecting to WiFi – Fixed in 6 Steps!
Tip: Follow our steps consecutively!
1. Activate SNOO’s Wi-Fi Feature!
Unlike other smart devices, SNOO has an in-built Wi-Fi button that activates and deactivates the Wi-Fi feature of the bassinet.
The Wi-Fi button must be pressed to connect the bassinet to a nearby Wi-Fi network; otherwise, your SNOO bassinet won’t be scanned by the application.
How to Locate the SNOO Wi-Fi Button?
The Wi-Fi button of the SNOO bassinet is installed on the same panel as the unit’s power button underneath the unit’s top panel.
It has a smaller radius and an imprinted “Wi-Fi” icon, so you shouldn’t have trouble identifying the correct button.
Note: Pressing the power button will deactivate the Wi-Fi feature and turn off the bassinet!
How to Activate SNOO’s Wi-Fi Feature?
Once you’ve located the button that activates the Wi-Fi feature of the bassinet, press and hold the button for 5-7 seconds.
There will be no visual indication that your SNOO bassinet started searching for Wi-Fi networks, but the SNOO mobile app must recognize the device in seconds!
Alert: The Wi-Fi feature activation typically lasts 1-2 minutes before turning off!
2. Reconnect SNOO to the App
The SNOO baby bassinet connects to Wi-Fi through the mobile SNOO application, which is available for Android and Apple iOS devices through Google Play and the App Store.
So, if the SNOO’s connectivity status shows “Offline,” you must reconnect the bassinet to the SNOO app.
SNOO Wi-Fi Setup Steps for Android Devices!
- Open the SNOO app on your Android mobile unit.
- Build a profile for your baby and tap “Get Started.”
- Scan the SNOO device’s serial number underneath.
- Select a network you wish to pair the SNOO with.
- Input the correct SSID password and tap “Next.”
- Follow the remaining on-screen steps to connect.
SNOO Wi-Fi Setup Steps for Apple iOS Devices!
- Open the SNOO app and build a profile for the baby
- Tap “Get Started” and scan the SNOO serial number.
- After that, select the “Join SNOO’s Network” button.
- Wait for the SNOO’s network signal to scan Wi-Fi.
- Select your home Wi-Fi network from the section.
- Finally, input the password for the SSID and wait.
Note: The SNOO bassinet must be in the Wi-Fi network's 5-7 feet range to connect!
Is SNOO Compatible to a 5GHz Wi-Fi Network?
No, the SNOO baby bassinet can only be connected to a 2.4 GHz thread from your dual-band network router.
Attempting to pair the smart sleeping bed to a 5 GHz Wi-Fi will cause the setup procedure to fail and prevent the SNOO bassinet’s profile from appearing within the application.
Tip: The SSID of dual-band networks typically has “2.4 GHz” or “5 GHz” based on the thread!
3. Power Cycle the SNOO Baby Bassinet
To address non-lasting issues with the baby bassinet, we recommend the power cycle process to refresh the software and hardware of your device.
The power cycle is achieved by temporarily restricting the power supply of the baby bassinet and waiting until the electricity is fully drained.
Info: The SNOO bassinet is powered through a 24V A/C power cord!
Follow these steps to perform a power cycle on the SNOO bassinet:
- Unplug the SNOO’s power cord from the back of the bassinet.
- Disconnect the other end of the cable from the electrical outlet.
- Wait for 60 seconds while the SNOO device is discharging.
- Reconnect the power cord of the bassinet to the power outlet.
- Secure the power cord into the port on the back of the bassinet.
- Turn on the bassinet and attempt to connect it to a WiFi network.
Alert: Inspect the equipment of the SNOO bassinet for potential damage!
4. Troubleshoot the Wi-Fi Network!
The Wi-Fi network could have an underlying issue when pairing the SNOO baby bassinet.
Thus, multiple proven methods exist to resolve eventual throttles with the Wi-Fi connectivity.
Typically, they involve inspecting the network equipment and resetting the internet service of the network!
Here are some effective methods to troubleshoot the functionality of the Wi-Fi network:
- Power cycle the network router, modem, or gateway device.
- Unplug the coaxial cable from the primary network device.
- Investigate if there’s a temporal service outage with the ISP.
- Remove set connectivity preferences in the router’s web GUI.
- Factory reset the network device by pressing the reset button.
Note: Unplugging the power or service cord from the back of the network device will temporarily deactivate all Wi-Fi networks.
How to Pair SNOO to Mobile Hotspot?
To determine whether the Wi-Fi network is functioning correctly, attempt to pair the baby bassinet to your mobile device’s Wi-Fi.
The first step is to verify that the “Mobile Hotspot” feature is turned on within your device’ settings and complete the setup through the app.
Tip: You can view the password for your mobile hotspot within the “Mobile Data” section!
5. Update the SNOO Mobile Application
One of the reasons why the SNOO bassinet keeps failing to establish a connection with the mobile platform is due to an outdated firmware version.
The SNOO firmware updates are often released periodically and can be managed through the Content Store of your mobile device.
Here’s how to update the SNOO app on Android and Apple iOS devices:
- Open the Google Play/App Store on your Android/iOS device.
- Tap your profile icon situated on the upper corner of the screen.
- Tap the “Manage Installed Applications” and scroll downwards.
- Locate the “SNOO” app and tap the “Check for Updates” button.
- Wait until the checker identifies pending SNOO firmware updates.
- Press the “Start Update” button to begin the OS update process.
Remember that updates for the SNOO mobile application are released periodically, and you must check whether the app is on its most current firmware version.
To automate the process, activate “Automatic Updates” within the settings of the SNOO application.
Note: Verify that the firmware version of the mobile device is also the most recent!
6. Factory Reset the SNOO Bassinet!
If the Wi-Fi setup fails after attempting all of our solutions, it is advised to perform a factory reset on the baby bassinet.
The reset process will erase all software configurations from the bassinet and unpair the bassinet from the SNOO app, but it will indeed eliminate all problems!
Here’s how to force a factory reset on the SNOO baby bassinet in easy steps:
- Open the SNOO app on your mobile Android/Apple iOS device.
- Next, tap the Settings icon situated at the bottom of the screen.
- Tap “Baby’s SNOO” under the “Device Category” app section.
- From the bottom of the section, select “Unpair SNOO” to begin.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to finalize the factory reset.
Once the factory reset is completed, re-launch the SNOO application and tap the “Add Device” button to connect with the bassinet.
Remember that the existing baby profile within the SNOO app will not be erased, and you can re-add the bassinet to the old configuration.
Note: All Snoo configurations will be erased after the factory reset!
To fix whenever the SNOO not connecting to WiFi, power cycle the bassinet to eliminate temporal faults and update the version of the SNOO app.
If the issue persists, you must inspect and uplift your home’s Wi-Fi network and then factory reset the SNOO bassinet.
Follow our blog for more technical guidance on SNOO devices!
Kevin has over five years of experience working in various Tech startups and providing Technical solutions. He has contributed to many Tech publications and websites.