When Sky WiFi connected but no internet the solution is simple!
Before troubleshooting Sky router network issues, it’s important to take into consideration any outages at the merchant.
Applying methods while there’s ongoing maintenance will only waste your time and won’t fix the issue so in the meantime, let’s learn more about the issue!
To fix when the Sky WiFi is connected but no internet, Power Cycle the router to refresh the services. Next, secure ALL cable connections in your setup and adjust the DNS setting. Finally, perform a Factory Reset on the Sky router to solve the internet issue!
To enable your troubleshooting, let’s take a look at what causes the issue in the first place…
If you’re connected to your Sky WiFi, but your device has no internet access, this could only mean several things.
There’s either an outage with the Sky servers or your device has certain restrictions, rather limitations, towards this WiFi network.
We’ll now review all of the possibilities that could restrict your device’s access to the Sky WiFi network:
- There’s an Outage with Sky Services
- Your Network Device is having issues
- The Network Settings on your device are incorrect
- No Connection to the DNS Server
- Temporal/Accidental Sky Router Issue
After clearing up the problem, let’s get this issue settled.
Keep reading our guide to learn the best solutions that you can attempt to restore the Sky Router WiFi operation in minutes!
It was essential to understand what could exactly impact your Sky Router WiFi network’s functionality.
This will boost your troubleshooting performance and help you keep track of what’s coming next in the problem’s resolution.
Let’s jump in!
At first, performing a Reboot on your Sky Router may help solve the no internet issue!
Although this is a common method, it is most viable whenever your network experiences temporal outages and glitches.
By power cycling your Sky Router, you’ll refresh both the hardware and software by discharging all of the electricity and rebooting ALL services!
Perform these steps for both the Sky router and the Sky Q Box (if you have one)
How to reboot your Sky Router in easy steps:
- Press the Power Button on your Sky WiFi device to shut it down.
- Unplug the Power Adapter of your device.
- Wait for a solid 5-7 Minutes while the device is disconnected.
- Re-attach the Power Cable of the network device to the power source.
- Turn on the Sky Router.
- Test the functionality of the WiFi.
Watch out for the Network Status LED light on your device. If it is flashing in green, it most likely means that your device is connected to the global network.
If it is in orange color, then no access has been provided to your router/modem on Sky’s end.
Note: If you’re using a designated Sky router or the Sky Hub, perform the same steps!
Before attempting any more complex solutions, you should Check for Sky Outages.
It would be pointless losing your time attempting different solutions and tips, while there’s a server outage on Sky’s end that only they could fix.
In case there is something going on, you’ll have no other option but to wait out the maintenance or outages.
Navigate to the Sky Service Status page and check any reported outages!
You’ll get a list of the servers and service’ status in the last 24 Hours. All info will be written in the table, including when the service is presumed to become online again.
In general, a Sky network outage could last a maximum of 3 hours, considering it is actively worked on.
Note: Keep visiting the following Sky service page until the connection is restored.
Chances are that the cables of your setup are not secured or have run into a fault.
Loose connections are what you’ll want to review during this solution and make sure all of the connections are healthy and tightened appropriately.
Having a Sky device in your setup is optional, although it is recommended by the merchant in the broadband setup.
There are four general cable connections that you need to inspect!
- The Ethernet Cable that connects the modem/Sky Hub to the wall outlet
- All Power Adapters in your setup (the router and modem)
- The Secondary Ethernet Cable that your secondary device connects with
- The Viability of the Ethernet Wall Outlet that connects the network modem
Verify all of the following cable connections and double-check for Visual Hardware Damage.
Any rips and cuts on the cable’s body may spoil the origin of the problem, and you would need to replace the faulty cable as soon as possible.
Alert: Also inspect the cable entries, especially with the Ethernet cable (it has to click).
If your subscription at Sky has expired, your WiFi will remain active but there’ll be no internet access.
Many users could get confused when they see this since their network was working well just moments before.
A thing about Sky is that they will shut down your network at the very moment when the subscription expires. The only way to fix it is to pay your pending dues.
How to activate a Sky subscription:
- Navigate to Sky.com/myaccount.
- Sign in with your Sky account provided by the merchant.
- Navigate to “Update your Payment Details”.
- Type your Payment Credentials.
- Press “Next”.
- Undergo a Two-Step Verification by your Bank (if you have the feature enabled).
- Complete the payment.
You must make sure that your financial account has enough funds to cover the expenses of the Sky subscription.
Otherwise, the payment will fail and your subscription will be inactive.
Note: You could only use trusted payment sources that are partners with Sky.
Perhaps, there is no connection to the DNS server and we’ll need to configure the settings manually to restore access to the internet.
By changing the value of the DNS, you’ll enable your network to connect with an alternative source and therefore bring back the internet.
The DNS is a default option and value for all networks, including Sky broadband.
Keep in mind that the DNS could be changed only on the associated device with the Sky Hub.
Changing the DNS on a Sky Hub is NOT possible.
- Launch an Online Browser on your PC or laptop.
- Connect that device to the network device via Ethernet Cable.
- Open up the CMD on your device.
- Type “ipconfig” and copy the Default Gateway IP.
- Paste that value in your browser and press Enter.
- Use “admin” for both username and password for your Sky Router Settings.
- Navigate to the Security Tab.
- Press “DNS”.
- Set the Primary DNS to “184.108.40.206” and the Secondary to “220.127.116.11”.
- Save the changes and exit the tab.
Note: In case you still have no internet on the Sky WiFi, reboot your router again!
If nothing worked so far, perhaps Resetting the associated network devices will help!
A Factory Reset is going to revert the software of the Sky Hub and Sky Router to their default settings and options.
This is an end-solution that is only recommended when you have no way out of the problem. Let’s learn how to reset your network devices now:
How to Factory Reset a Sky router:
- Press and hold the device’s RESET button for 30 seconds. Wait…
How to Factory Reset a Sky Hub:
- Grab a paperclip.
- Ensure your hub is Plugged In.
- Locate the Reset Pinhole on the back of the device.
- Insert the paperclip into the pinhole.
- Press and hold the button inside for 10 seconds.
- Wait till the lights are turning off and Flash Back On.
Once your hub flashes after its light have shut down, then the reset was successfully complete.
After that, you’ll want to go into the Sky Hub settings and ensure that all of the setup prompts are completed. Only then, your network and WiFi will be online again.
Note: Resetting your Sky Hub will result in the network and WiFi being gone for a while.
Thus, the solution to the Sky WiFi outage problem is to Power Cycle your Sky router and Hub. The next step is to manually adjust the DNS setting of your network and pay your pending dues toward Sky. As a last resort, we need to perform a Factory Reset.
In this guide, you’ve learned what the Sky WiFi connected but no internet means and what are the best ways to fix the issue.
After all, contacting Sky is never out of your options list. If the issue persists, don’t hesitate to get in touch with Sky’s Support Team and ask for more help!
Read Next: How to Change Sky WiFi Password?
Kevin has over five years of experience working in various Tech startups and providing Technical solutions. He has contributed to many Tech publications and websites.