If you’re experiencing issues with your QLink SIM card not working, we’ve compiled everything you need to get it working again.
There are a few reasons why your QLink SIM card can stop working, The solutions are quick and should only take you around 30 minutes to fix.
Keep reading to find out!
To get your QLink SIM card to work, you’ll need to settle any unpaid balances on your account. Next, update your phone’s carrier settings and get the latest configuration.
Before we discuss the solutions in detail, below are the reasons your SIM card isn’t working.
Why Is My QLink SIM Card Not Working
There are several reasons for the QLink SIM card not working. The most common is improper placement of SIM which can be solved by repositioning it.
If this isn’t the issue, it might be due to the following.
- Issues with your QLink SIM
- QLink SIM is not activated
- Outdated carrier settings
- Device incompatible with QLink network
Now that you know the reasons why your QLink SIM card isn’t working, we can proceed to troubleshoot the issues.
Top Solutions on How to Get My QLink SIM Card to Work
Before we move on to more advanced solutions, follow these tips to try solving your QLink SIM card not working problem.
- Turn on airplane mode – Toggling this mode solves 70% of temporary problems.
- Restart your device – Simply rebooting your phone might be enough to fix the problem.
To restart your device, press the power button to open the power options menu. Next, tap Restart.
Check if your phone can read the QLink SIM card after the reboot. If it still isn’t working, continue with the methods below.
1. Verify Your Phone is Compatible with the QLink Network
If none of these quick troubleshooting steps doesn’t make a difference and you continue to experience the SIM card error, you’ll need to go for more advanced solutions.
A common cause of why your QLink SIM won’t work is that your phone isn’t compatible with the network.
QLink supports a lot of different phone models. However, there can be cases when the phone you’re currently using is incompatible with their network.
The good news is there’s a way to figure out if your phone works on the network.
Here’s how to check your phone’s compatibility with QLink:
- Get your phone’s IMEI number.
- Go to QLink’s compatibility tool at qlinkwireless.com/byop.aspx.
- Type your device’s IMEI number on the text box.
- Click the Check My Phone button.
- Wait for the results to appear on the screen.
Pro Tip: To find your phone's IMEI number, all you need to do is dial *#06# on the dialer and list it down.
2. Confirm That Your QLink SIM is Working
After verifying that your phone is compatible with QLink Wireless, you can now look at other causes of why your SIM is not working.
At this point, you want to check if there’s a problem with your SIM. We’re talking about physical issues that prevent it from connecting your phone to the network.
Here are the steps to know if there’s a problem with your SIM:
- Confirm that your QLink SIM is not damaged.
- Check that your SIM card is not expired.
- Check if your SIM is placed on the tray correctly.
- Make sure you’re in an area with good coverage from QLink.
- Insert the SIM on a different device.
Note: If you find any of these true, get a replacement SIM from QLink immediately.
3. Update Your Phone’s Carrier Settings
Your SIM comes with all the important settings your phone needs to connect to the network.
In the case of a QLink SIM, it comes with the necessary carrier settings that tell your phone how to connect to the network.
There are instances when this is not loaded into your phone right away. Whenever this happens, your phone can say it’s not getting any service even with the SIM inserted.
You will need to update your phone manually to get the settings.
Here’s how to get the latest carrier settings on your phone:
- Insert your QLink SIM into your phone’s SIM tray.
- Open your phone’s Settings.
- Go to General.
- Select About.
- Tap on Update once prompted.
- Open your phone’s Settings app.
- Go to More, then Mobile Networks.
- Select Carrier Settings.
- Tap on Update Profile.
Note: If you're not prompted to update your carrier profile, it means that your phone has the latest ones installed.
4. Reset Your Device’s Network Settings
With various networking and carrier settings installed on your phone, it’s no surprise that it can get confused with all the information it has on it.
One of the most effective ways to simplify it is to reset your phone’s network settings.
It will wipe the slate clean and allow your phone to connect to the ones you use.
Here’s how to reset your phone’s network settings:
- Go to your device’s Settings.
- Select General.
- Scroll down and tap on the Reset menu.
- Choose Reset Network Settings.
- Select Reset Network Settings again to confirm.
- Open your phone’s Settings app.
- Go to System.
- Select Advanced.
- Tap on Reset Options.
- Select Reset WiFi, Mobile, and Bluetooth.
5. Reactivate Your QLink SIM and Account
Activating your QLink SIM the first time usually does the trick. It’s a quick process, and you don’t need to do a lot to activate your SIM.
However, it’s not always that you’ll get it done on the first try. There are instances when the process fails, and it won’t even notify you.
If this is the case, you will need to reactivate your QLink SIM again.
Here’s how to go through the SIM activation process again:
- Before anything else, make sure to reset your device’s network settings.
- Switch off your phone.
- Reinsert your QLink SIM into your phone.
- Turn on your phone.
- Download the QLink app and log in using your credentials.
Note: The activation process should proceed in the background. All you need to do is you're getting excellent coverage for the activation to complete.
6. Settle Any Unpaid Balances on Your QLink Account
If your QLink SIM does not seem to work, one of the things you can suspect is that your account is suspended.
There are several reasons why your account can be suspended. One of them is that you have an outstanding or unpaid balance with QLink.
It can be easy to overlook or forget a payment due date. You want to make sure that your account is current with all balances paid.
Here’s how to know if your QLink account is suspended or not:
- Go to the QLink website at qlinkwireless.com.
- Click on the My QLink option at the top right.
- Login to your account using your email address and password.
- Go to the Billing or Payment section.
- Check for any unpaid bills or outstanding balances against your account.
Note: If there is an unpaid bill, you can click on the Make a Payment button to settle it.
As soon as your QLink account is current, the SIM will connect and allow you to use their services again.
However, if the problem continues to persist, you can contact QLink customer support and ask them why there’s an issue with your SIM.
Now that you know why and the solutions to your QLink SIM card not working error, you can take the necessary steps to resolve it.
The good news is that it’s a quick and easy fix that should take you no more than 30 minutes.
Read Next: QLink Replacement SIM Card
Finn Wheatley holds a Master’s Degree in Computer Science from UCL, London. He helped small data science consultancy firms, helping large corporations to grow their data capabilities, deploy advanced machine learning-based analytics and troubleshoot tech-related issues.