The process for acquiring a new QLink replacement SIM card can be quite confusing if you are new.
If you are looking to replace your Q Link SIM card, then you have come to the right place. In this ultimate guide, we will provide you with all the information you need to know.
To replace your QLink SIM card, you have two options. You can either request a replacement line from your Q Link account or by calling Q Link customer care.
With that, your SIM card should be sent to you. If you report that your SIM card is lost or damaged, you will receive a new SIM card with the same number as the old SIM card.
Why Replace a QLink SIM Card?
There are several reasons why you might need to replace your Q Link SIM card. In most cases, QLink SIM card replacement is necessary after a phone is lost.
If you are using a physical SIM card as opposed to an eSIM, you can replace it every time you lose a phone.
The main reasons why you may want to replace your Q Link SIM card are as follows:
- Your SIM card has been Damaged or Lost. You will need to replace it to continue using your Q Link wireless service.
- You are Upgrading to a new Q Link phone or device. You will need to replace your old SIM card with a new one that is compatible with your new device.
- You are Switching from another wireless carrier to Q Link. You must replace your old SIM card with a Q Link SIM card.
- Your SIM Card is no longer being detected by your phone
How to Get a QLink Replacement SIM Card
If your Q Link SIM card is damaged or lost, you can follow the Q Link Wireless SIM card replacement process.
The process starts with getting a new SIM card from the service provider.
Once you order your SIM card, you will be on your way to complete the replacement.
Below are the steps to complete SIM replacement.
1. Confirm Phone Compatibility and Purchase a SIM Card
If you are new, you must first check your phone’s compatibility with Q Link SIM Card.
If the SIM card is compatible, proceed to activate your smartphone and begin using Q Link. If your phone is compatible, purchase the Q Link Wireless SIM card if you do not have one.
You can purchase a new Q Link SIM card from the Q Link website. The new SIM card will be shipped to your address.
How to apply for a new SIM card:
- Visit Q Link Wireless Compatibility Check Page
- Alternatively, call customer service at 1-855-754-6543 to request a new SIM card.
- Enter the last 4 digits of your SIM card to check the compatibility
- If your phone is compatible, a New SIM card will be sent to your address
- If you have been using Q Link for a while, there is no need to test your phone’s compatibility
Note: It should take between 1 to 3 business days to receive your SIM card from Q Link. If it delays further, you should contact customer care for more details.
2. Insert Your SIM Card and Power Device
Once you have placed a request for your SIM card, it will be sent to your address.
When you receive the SIM card, pick out the SIM card size that fits your phone. Normally, the card will come in three sizes.
Here are the steps to remove your SIM card and insert it into your phone:
- Turn off your phone
- Locate the SIM card slot
- Use a SIM eject tool or a paperclip to open the SIM tray.
- Insert the SIM card into the tray, making sure it’s aligned properly.
- Push the SIM tray back into the phone.
- Turn on your phone.
- Check that the phone recognizes the new SIM card and you have a signal.
3. Activate Your New SIM Card
The next step should be to activate your SIM card. You cannot start using your Q Link SIM Card unless it is activated.
You can activate your SIM card on the Q Link website. However, this step is only for new users.
As soon as you insert your SIM card into your phone, the activation process will begin.
How to activate the SIM card
- Go to the QLink Wireless website and click on “Get it Now” at the top of the page.
- Enter your ZIP code to check if Q Link Wireless service is available in your area.
- Enter your SIM card’s ICCID number
- Choose a Q Link Wireless plan and enter your personal information
- Follow the prompts to complete the activation process.
- Insert the activated SIM card into your phone and turn it on
4. Reset Your Network Settings
Once the SIM card is inserted into your phone, you should receive an activation message.
While your SIM card is already active, you should take the last step which is to reset your networks.
Resetting networks will help your device accept the APN settings. This is the only way to get access to internet services.
How to reset your network settings on Android
- Go to your Settings app on your device.
- Scroll down and select “System” or “System and Device”
- Select “Reset options.”
- Tap on “Reset Wi-Fi, mobile & Bluetooth.”
- Enter your device password or pattern.
- Tap on “Reset Settings” to confirm.
- Wait for the device to reset the network settings.
Note: Once the reset is complete, your phone will automatically restart. Wait until your device has started and try accessing the internet.
How to reset network settings on iPhone:
- Go to your Settings app from the main menu
- Tap on “General.”
- Scroll down to the bottom and tap on “Reset.”
- Tap on “Reset Network Settings.”
- If prompted, enter your device passcode.
- Tap on “Reset Network Settings” again to confirm.
- Wait for the iPhone to reset the network settings.
5. Confirm That Your APN Settings Are Updated
Once you reset your device networks, everything should be okay. The APN settings for your device should be updated in the process.
However, some devices may require a manual APN update.
How to Update Your APN on Android
To update your APN settings, go to Settings and switch on the Wi-Fi and Mobile data features.
Then, select Mobile Networks and choose the Access Point Names (APN) option.
Click on New APN and input the following settings for Q Link Wireless:
- Name: Q Link
- APN: cinet.spcs
- Proxy: Leave Empty
- Username: Leave Empty
- Password: Leave Empty
- MMS Port: Leave Empty
- MMSC: Leave Empty
- MMS Proxy: Leave Empty
- MNC: 15
- MCC: 234
- APN Type: default
- Authentication Type: Not Set
- APN Protocol: IPv4
- Roaming Protocol: IPv4
- MVNO Value: Leave Empty
Update Your APN on your iPhone
Similar to Androids, you should also check your APN settings on your iPhone and update them.
To update your APN settings, go to Settings, select Cellular, and then Data Network.
Input the following APN settings:
- Username: Blank
- Password: Blank
- MMS Proxy: Blank
- MMS Message Size: 104857.6
- MMS UA URL: http://www.apple.com/mms/uaprof.rdf
If you are an old user, you can request a Q Link replacement SIM card from your account or by calling Q Link.
If you are new to Q Link, you can order a new SIM card from the Q Link website.
Once the request for a new SIM card is placed, follow the above steps until your SIM card is well set up and functional.
Read Next: Network Locked SIM Card QLink?
Finn Wheatley holds a Master’s Degree in Computer Science from UCL, London. He helped small data science consultancy firms, helping large corporations to grow their data capabilities, deploy advanced machine learning-based analytics and troubleshoot tech-related issues.