Recently, Public Mobile autopay not working has become one of the most frustrating problems.
When Public Mobile payment fails, you are immediately disconnected. This can be a big problem especially if you have to make an emergency call.
Since it has become a common problem, it is necessary that you have a solution at hand. Thankfully, we have the best solutions.
To solve Public Mobile not working, simply add a few dollars to your account manually. This will reactivate your plan and help the system deduct payment from your credit card. If this does not work, go to the Lost/Stolen page and suspend your account for a few minutes then reactivate it again.
The problem of failed auto payment is caused by a system glitch. There are some hacks to work around the error. If they fail, you have to contact customer support.
Read further for more tips.
Reasons Why Public Mobile Autopay Not Working
If you experience the Public Mobile phone not working autopay error, there are four possible causes.
The main causes of the problem are:
- There is a system glitch that stalls your plan and must be reactivated to process the payment
- You have an incomplete payment which must be completed for you to get reconnected
- Lack of sufficient funds in your credit card
- Lack of funds in your Public Mobile account
Solutions to Public Mobile Autopay Problems
Public Mobile payment errors can be frustrating. However, we all know that PM is also one of the most affordable mobile service providers.
This is why we must consider solutions to this problem. Below are some solutions you can apply to complete payments and get reconnected.
Solution #1 Manually Reactivate Your Account if Payment is Pending
The first step you should take is to confirm if the amount has been deducted from your credit card.
There are times when the amount may be deducted but fail to show in your account. In this case, you may have to wait for a little bit longer.
If you wait for up to a day and the account status still shows “Pending” you might have to take an action.
As mentioned, Public Mobile plans sometimes stall. If a plan is stalled after payment, you may reactivate it manually.
How to manually reactivate your account:
- Go to the Public Mobile self-service page
- Login to your account using your Public Mobile ID
- Go to transactions and check the payment
- If payment made shows up, click on the “Reactivate Plan” button
Note: The plan will only be reactivated if you have paid and the amount has been successfully processed.
If the amount has not been deducted from your card, try another option.
Solution #2 Add a Couple of Dollars to Your Account
The other way to facilitate your plan reactivation is by manually adding some dollars to your account.
This helps the system to reactivate your account and collect payments. This option only works in situations where the system did not already deduct the amount from your credit card.
How to manually add some dollars to your account:
- Login to your Public Mobile account and select Payments
- Underpayment modes select Add Funds
- You will be presented with amounts to add, Select Other
- Enter any amount between $1 and $2 and process the payment
Once your account has been loaded with the amount, wait for a few minutes and check back to see if your credit card payments have been deducted.
It should take less than an hour for the payment to be processed.
Solution #3 Activate Lost/Stolen to Reset Your Plans
When you report that your phone is lost or stolen, Public Mobile discontinues your plan immediately.
If you are dealing with the problem of autopayment, chances are that the system has forgotten your plan.
To reactivate your plan, you have to report that your phone is lost. Public Mobile will deactivate all your plans.
When you report that your device has been found, the system will reconnect you to your last plan. As a result, a payment has to be processed and you will be reconnected.
How to reconnect by reporting a lost phone:
- Login to your Public Mobile account using your PM ID
- Select Plans and Add- ons
- Select Lost/Stolen phone
- Select Suspend Service
- Logout of the system
- Wait for about 5 to 10 minutes and log back into your account
- Go to the Lost/Stolen page and click on Resume Service
- This should resume your connectivity to your account and complete payment processing.
Note: For this process to work, ensure that your credit card is functioning.
If your card does not have funds you will simply go back to the same situation as before.
It is also important to mention that this option affects the Public Mobile reward system. You could lose all the rewards you had collected to this point.
Solution #4 Add Money to Your Account
Since the Public Mobile autopay system has issues, it is necessary that you consider other options.
The auto payment option is preferred by many due to the convenience it should offer.
However, the Public Mobile auto payment system has been quite unfair to some clients. If you are among those who can’t get auto payment going, consider going manual.
With manual payment, you have to authorize payments every time you run out of funds. The downside of manual payment is that you may forget to pay on time and get disconnected.
The upside is that when you pay you will get reconnected immediately. This is a much better option than getting stuck in autopay.
How to make a manual payment:
- Login to your Public Mobile account using your ID
- Add funds to your account to bring your available funds to your plan costs
- The system will automatically deduct your payment from your account and reconnect you to services.
Note: If you make a manual payment this way, you will not be charged any amount on your credit card.
Solution #5 Open a Ticket with Public Mobile Agent
If all the above steps fail, your only option is to talk to a Public Mobile agent.
The only problem with this option is that PM agents may take quite some time to respond.
In most cases, the online chat platform has a response time of between 10 and 20 minutes.
I will discourage calling Public Mobile. It takes time before your call is received. However, if you feel like your issue requires a call you may proceed.
To talk to a Public Mobile representative:
- Go to the Public Mobile contact page and open a ticket
- Constantly check your email to see when you get a response
- Once an agent replies, respond immediately and explain your issue to get help.
- For failed auto payments, simply ask the agent to reactivate your plan.
- As soon as your plan is reactivated, your payment will be processed and get you back online.
Note: This approach is only reliable if you are not in a hurry or trying to make emergency calls.
If you are in a hurry, try the above options which will result in reconnecting much faster.
The Public Mobile autopay not working problem can be quite frustrating. There are many situations when you may run into trouble in an emergency.
It is necessary to have a ready solution to the autopay failure.
The solutions above should help you quickly get out of your trouble or find a lasting solution.
At the end of the day, all you want is to ensure that you make your Public Mobile calls when it is necessary.
Read Next: How to Fix Public Mobile Data Not Working?
Kevin has over five years of experience working in various Tech startups and providing Technical solutions. He has contributed to many Tech publications and websites.