Don’t know what the Peloton heart rate monitor red light means? Well, this guide covers it all!
Multiple LED indicators on your Peloton heart rate monitor can provide significant information on the heart rate monitor’s state once diagnosed.
This guide will uncover all the reasons for the red light on the Peloton heart rate monitor and provide you with reliable troubleshooting solutions.
The constant red light on your Peloton heart rate monitor can be fixed by inspecting the charging process and forcing a system reset.
If the issue persists, verify that the wireless charging pod of the monitor is working and correct the monitor’s armband positioning.
There is much more to discuss, so let’s start!
Why is the Peloton Heart Rate Monitor Blinking Red Light?
Whenever the Peloton heart rate monitor is blinking in red, the problem is often associated with a system failure.
A type of unidentified error has occurred with the fitness device, preventing the unit from tracking your heart rate accurately or tracking it at all during an intensive workout.
Let’s review most of the possibilities for the persistent red light on the Peloton monitor:
Can Peloton Monitor Work With Red Light?
The red light on the Peloton monitor is often accompanied by the absence of functionality, so no, the red code signifies an error with the fitness appliance.
- As mentioned, the red light is often associated with charging faults, equipment problems, or the monitor’s installation.
You should also note whether the heart rate monitor has been damaged in any way, as this could be of significant difference during the troubleshooting.
Attempt to spot damages on the monitor by examining it closely and recognizing all signs of physical hardware damage.
Peloton Heart Rate Monitor Red Light – Effective Solutions!
Tip: Follow our steps and instructions in chronological order!
1. Charge the Monitor Appropriately!
One of the main causes for the persistent red light on the Peloton heart rate monitor is an issue with the charging process.
Hence, the first step is to verify that the monitor has charged to full battery capacity by placing the monitor on the wireless stand and tracking the LED indicators.
When not in use, the monitor displays the charging capacity of the battery!
Here’s how to verify that the Peloton heart rate monitor is charging securely:
- Verify that the wireless charging pad is connected to an A/C outlet.
- After that, remove the heart rate monitor from the Peloton armband.
- Place the Peloton monitor on the charging station’s wireless surface.
- Wait until the display indicators start pulsating in bright blue light.
If the display pattern doesn’t change from red, it is a sign that the monitor is not detecting the charger.
In such a case, the issue could be related to an underlying malfunction with the internal battery of the monitor, meaning there’s a malfunction with the charging equipment.
How to Position Peloton Monitor On Armband?
The heart rate monitor must be appropriately inserted into the armband to track your heart rate accurately.
To ensure that the monitor is properly positioned into the armband, first, spread the armband with the imprinted side facing you and push the monitor into the socket securely…
Note: The monitor has to click into the armband slot to verify proper installment!
2. Clean the Wireless Charging Pad!
The heart rate monitor must establish a secure and direct connection with the wireless charging station, otherwise, the fitness device won’t work.
The next step is to inspect the charging pad for potential obstructions or dust accumulation that could prevent the monitor from charging.
Follow these steps to clean the wireless charging pad of the Peloton monitor thoroughly:
- Unplug the power adapter of the charging station from the outlet.
- Remove all obstructions from the monitor and the charging surface.
- Use a wet tissue to collect the dust accumulation from the charger.
- Wait for 1-2 minutes until the wireless charging station has dried up.
- Reconnect the power adapter of the charging station back into A/C.
- Place the Peloton heart rate monitor on the pod and check the light.
If the monitor starts charging, five empty indicators will appear on the display, starting the current capacity of the internal battery.
The monitor requires two fields to get you through an extended workout, but remove the monitor once it has reached at least four or five fields.
Note: The display indicators will pulsate in blue light while the monitor charges!
3. Connect a Different A/C Outlet!
The charging station of the heart rate monitor may be inactive due to underlying issues with the electrical outlet.
The standard USB cable of the charging station must be plugged into a power adapter that connects to an active and reliable electrical outlet.
Info: The charger of the monitor consists of a charging station and a power adapter!
Here’s how to use a different A/C outlet to charge the Peloton monitor:
- Disconnect the power adapter from the current electrical outlet.
- Locate a suitable outlet to use for the charging of the monitor.
- Connect the power adapter to the outlet and secure it properly.
- Next, remove the heart rate monitor from the Peloton armband.
- After that, place the heart rate monitor on the charging surface.
- Check if the charging indicator lights will appear on the display.
To test the previous electrical outlet of the heart rate monitor’s charging equipment, attempt to charge your mobile device into the outlet by plugging a compatible charger.
If the outlet doesn’t seem to transmit electricity at all, it is advised to seek professional assistance from a technician!
Alert: A defective power outlet can cause severe damage to your home’s electrical installation!
4. Use a Different Power Adapter!
Another reason why the Peloton heart rate monitor not working is because of a defect in the power adapter.
As established, the blinking red light often indicates an issue with the charging, so you should attempt re-charging the internal Peloton battery with a different outlet adapter!
Here’s how to replace the power adapter of the monitor’s charging station:
- Unplug the charging station’s cable from the power adapter.
- Find a replacement adapter for the charging station cable.
- After that, plug the new adapter into an electrical socket.
- Plug the USB cable of the charging station into the adapter.
- Finally, place the heart rate monitor on the charging surface.
Note: A different pattern of the indicator light should indicate that the monitor is charging!
5. Force a Peloton Factory Reset
To identify whether the heart rate monitor responds to inputs, it is advised to activate the factory reset process.
The Peloton heart rate monitor must only be reset while connected to a charging station and not in use.
Also, be aware that all data and configurations will be permanently gone!
Follow these steps to properly force a factory reset on the Peloton heart rate monitor:
- Position the Peloton on the pod’s charging surface.
- Next, press and hold the display for 10-15 seconds.
- Release once the blue display indicators disappear.
- Wait for 1-2 minutes until the factory reset finalizes.
Remember that the data loss caused by the factory reset cannot be restored or brought back.
If you’ve saved heart rate readings or tracking preferences on the monitor, they will no longer exist in the software storage of the fitness appliance.
Note: You must set up the heart rate monitor from scratch after the factory reset!
6. Swap the Peloton Charging Pod!
There’s a high possibility that the charging pod of the Peloton heart rate monitor is no longer functioning correctly.
To determine if the charging problem of the monitor is caused by defective charging equipment, it is advised to purchase a brand-new wireless pod directly from Peloton!
Hence, order a brand new charging pod from the Peloton website, remove all safety covers and stickers, and then place the monitor onto the charging surface.
- If the issue is gone, the fault is related to the old charging pod, so avoid using it any longer.
Note: If the monitor isn’t charging with a brand-new pod either, there is a hardware issue!
To fix the Peloton heart rate monitor red light, you must verify that the device is charged and inspect the charging station for issues.
If the issue persists, verify that the monitor is appropriately positioned in the armband and perform a factory reset on the Peloton unit.
Follow our blog for more Peloton troubleshooting solutions!
Kevin has over five years of experience working in various Tech startups and providing Technical solutions. He has contributed to many Tech publications and websites.