If there is no program information on Foxtel iQ5, stay with us. Here is the complete solution!
The absence of the Foxtel iQ5 program information can be caused by improper service cable or incorrect Foxtel Digital Guide settings.
This short guide will help you address the hurdle by reviewing all possible causes and addressing them individually.
Whenever there is no program information in your Foxtel iQ5 cable box’s guide, perform a power circulation and reconnect the service cable.
Let’s learn more!
Why Is There No Program Information Foxtel iQ5?
The Foxtel iQ5 TV box uses a Digital Channel Guide to quickly refresh and display the latest information about the currently streamed broadcast or the entire channel lineup.
An issue with the cable TV service or satellite connection can cause the absence of the program information.
Here’s why there is no program available in the iQ5 box’s guide:
This is what could hide that program information on your Foxtel iQ5. So, let’s fix it!
No Program Information On Foxtel iQ5 – Quick Solutions
If your program information disappears for the first time, read all the steps!
1. Clear the TV Guide’s Filtering
If no program information is available on your cable box, you may accidentally activate a channel filter or hide some settings.
The Foxtel remote controls support multiple keybinds that can show, manage and reset your iQ5’s digital programme guide section.
How to Access the Foxtel Digital Guide Tab?
The remote control of the Foxtel box has a “TV Guide” button that, when pressed, access the Digital TV Guide on your cable box.
Hence, use the up/down/left/right arrows to navigate.
How to Check Channel-Specific Information?
Press the “TV Guide” button on the Foxtel remote control and highlight “All Channels” on the top navigation panel of the page.
This will display all available broadcasts in the given category.
How to View Full Screen of Channel Listings?
To view all available channel listings, press the “TV Guide” button and open “Broadcaster channels” to review the list.
Selecting this option will display all available digital channels.
Tip: After you’ve cleared the applied filtering settings, check the on-demand and live TV sections.
2. Test Live TV Content/On-Demand
If there is no channel information for only on-demand or live TV content, you should test the opposite streaming service on your iQ5 box.
Hence, if the TV box is not acquiring information for live TV broadcasts, check the digital guide for on-demand content or vice-versa with live TV.
How to Watch Live TV On Foxtel iQ5?
- Press the “TV Guide” button on the iQ5 TV box remote.
- Tap the “Left” arrow button until you’re at the “Live” tab.
- Finally, check if any of the live TV information is available.
How to Watch On-Demand On Foxtel iQ5?
- First, press the “TV Guide” button on your Foxtel remote.
- Press the “Right” arrow until “On Demand” is selected.
- Check if on-demand program information is displayed.
Remember that the Foxtel guide can display information according to the current broadcast you’re streaming or a particular category.
Note: If you’ve switched to a single program view, you might be seeing the current channel's information.
3. Hard Reset the Foxtel iQ5 Box
The hard reset is an excellent solution for the absent channel information on your Foxtel iQ5.
This process will not delete anything from your box, only reboot and refresh the box’s system.
Here’s how to perform a hard reset on the Foxtel iQ5 cable box:
- Unplug the Power cable from the back of the Foxtel box.
- Disconnect the other end of your wire from the wall outlet.
- Wait for 30 seconds while the cable box is disconnected.
- Connect the power cable directly to an electrical outlet.
While unplugged, inspect the power connector and the supplying cable of the Foxtel cable box for potential defects.
A worn-out supply cable might result in power fluctuations in your iQ5.
4. Reinstall the Service Connection
Improper service connection is a leading cause for the disappearance of the Foxtel iQ5 box’s channel information.
Foxtel cable boxes can be set up through satellite (aerial plate and cable) or Ethernet or Wi-Fi internet connection if you have the Foxtel broadband service.
How to Reinstall Foxtel iQ5 Internet Service?
- Unplug the Ethernet wire from the back of the Foxtel modem.
- Disconnect the other end of the cable from the Foxtel iQ5 box.
- Wait for ~60 seconds and reinstall the Ethernet on both ends.
How to Reinstall Foxtel iQ5 Satellite Service?
- Disconnect the aerial cable from Foxtel’s aerial wall plate.
- Unplug the other end of the “AERIAL IN” port on your iQ5.
- Reinstall the satellite cable on both ends after 60 seconds.
Note: Remember that none of the broadcasts will be accessible while the service cable is disconnected from the iQ5 cable box.
5. Re-Tune the Foxtel iQ5 (Satellite)
You can tune available FTA (free-to-air) channels on your Foxtel IQ4 receivers to refresh the TV guide and re-acquire lost program information.
The full terrestrial channel scan re-adds lost broadcasts to your lineup that are available for your area and refreshes the TV guide status.
Here’s how to tune for channels on your Foxtel iQ5:
- First, press the “Home” button on the iQ5 box remote.
- Next, go to the “Settings” and navigate to “Full Scan.”
- Go to “Terrestrial Channels” and select “Begin Scan.”
- Wait until the iQ5 automatically detects FTA channels.
Note: Check the “Live TV” for new channels on your iQ5 after finalising the tuning.
6. Reduce the Foxtel Data Usage
Excessive data usage of the cable box in terms of higher resolution settings or quality rendering might prevent the cable box from displaying program information.
So, reduce the “Data Usage” option in the Foxtel iQ5 box’s settings to free up more usable space for the digital TV guide.
Here’s how to reduce the data usage on Foxtel iQ5 in easy steps:
- Open the Foxtel Now menu on your TV box.
- Highlight the “Settings” icon and press “OK.”
- Next, select “Data Usage” and set it to “Low.”
- Wait for the program information to load fully.
You can test the Foxtel iQ5 with either “Data Usage” settings as long as the guide information re-occurs and is correct.
You can regulate how much data the box uses by setting the “Data Usage” feature to “Best,” “Medium”, or “Low” within the Foxtel settings.
7. Reset Foxtel iQ5’s System Settings
If you’re still encountering issues with the iQ5’s digital channel guide, the next step should be to perform a factory reset procedure on the cable box.
Restoring your TV box to factory defaults is an effective solution but will permanently erase all settings and recordings.
Here’s how to perform a factory reset on the Foxtel iQ5 cable box:
- First, turn on the iQ5 cable box and verify it is connected to power.
- Carefully lift the cable box to expose the Reset button underneath.
- Press and hold the Reset button for 4 seconds to start the reset.
- Wait until the LED lights of the iQ5 cable box flash and turn “OFF.”
Note: The reset may take up to 3 minutes, after which you must complete the initial box setup!
8. Inspect the Aerial Wall Plate (Satellite)
The satellite dish is wired to Foxtel’s aerial wall plate, allowing the cable box to establish a satellite dish connection and display Foxtel content seamlessly.
A potential fault with the plate could prevent the cable box from acquiring service and, therefore, display channel information.
How to Detect Faults with the Aerial Wall Plate?
A malfunctioning aerial wall plate will likely come loose from the socket or move right/left when connecting the cable.
If the wall plate has come loose, the aerial cable of the TV box may not plug securely with the dish connector, which enables your iQ5 to acquire satellite channels.
- The Foxtel wall plate uses unique transcription technology, compatible with the iQ5!
How to Replace a Defective Aerial Wall Plate?
If the aerial wall plate is defective or loose or the aerial cable does not connect securely, you must contact Foxtel Customer Support for a replacement.
Note: You can call Foxtel at 00 61 3 8325 2701 or connect to a Live Chat.
There is no program information on Foxtel iQ5, because of unstable service connection, improper guide settings or temporal service outage.
To solve the issue, power cycle the TV cable box, clear the digital TV guide’s filtering options, and factory reset the iQ5.
Follow us for more relevant Foxtel content.
Finn Wheatley holds a Master’s Degree in Computer Science from UCL, London. He helped small data science consultancy firms, helping large corporations to grow their data capabilities, deploy advanced machine learning-based analytics and troubleshoot tech-related issues. Check out more about him here.