The Koodo Self Serve not working problem usually occurs when you have messed up personal credentials.
The problem of a malfunctioning Self-Serves system can be caused by many factors.
Mixing up credentials is one of the problems. Besides credentials, you may mess up with account logins.
To fix your Koodo Self-Serve system, complete SIM card activation. If your account is already active, try login in with your email instead of the username. In most cases, your account may get messed up if you try changing your personal profile.
Besides login complications, your account may also be deemed non-existent.
This problem and many others can be solved by following simple steps as we will see below.
Main Causes of Koodo Self Serve Not Working
There are a few suspects that should come to mind if you are having trouble with your Koodo Self-Serve account.
The first question you should answer is whether your account is still active. If your account is active, move forward to explore the other issues.
Other reasons for trouble with Koodo Self-Serve:
- A recent update to your personal details such as username, email or address. These could affect login and billing among other issues.
- Failure to pay your monthly bills could result in your Koodo phone number being deactivated. This will result in widespread errors such as invalid login credentials.
- Account management authorization failure from the account manager.
- Having more than one account with Koodo on the same phone number
The good news is that most of these errors can be resolved easily. As a matter of fact, you do not have to call Koodo to get the problem solved.
If you are experiencing the Koodo Self-Serve app not working problem, you have many options to solve it.
The solutions below are based on different types of errors. In this regard, you have to apply varied solutions to get going.
If the problem you are experiencing is in regards to login failure, the problem is with your credentials.
One of the most common errors with Self-Serve is when the system says “username invalid” or invalid login credentials.
How to solve Self-Serve login error:
- Use your email address instead of your username to log in
- If you have forgotten your password, click on “forgotten password” to receive your activation code.
- Set a new password and login into your account
- Click on your profile and edit your personal details
- Enter a new username that you can remember and click on save details.
You will have changed your profile settings and will be able to login into your account with your username. If you constantly forget your username stick to using your email address instead.
The second solution to Koodo’s self-service problem is simply registering with the system.
This is a solution you can apply when you are experiencing the “no match for your account” error.
In this case, you have probably never registered for a Self-Serve account. If you have registered, you have not activated your account.
You must follow a link sent to your email to complete activation.
How to activate the Koodo Self-Serve account:
- Visit the Koodo Self-Serve page
- Click on register and enter your phone number and email
- Your activation email will be sent to your email
- Click on the activation email to complete the activation
- Select a security question and answer
- Click on save to complete the registration
Note: If you have already activated your Koodo SIM card, you should complete account activation from your email.
You will receive an activation link in your inbox.
The other reason why your account may be having a problem is that you are not the primary account owner.
The account owner must authorize your activity for you to be able to use the account.
You may have just registered for a new account without deactivating the old one.
If the account has an account owner, you need to be authorized as a manager. If not so, you must solve the double registration problem.
How to change role to account manager:
- Let the account owner log in to the primary account
- Select My Profile
- Select Role Management
- Add your username as a user
Alternatively, you may be experiencing this problem if you have registered twice. For instance, if you had a Koodo account and migrated to another carrier.
When you choose to come back to Koodo and choose to register a new account it becomes a second user account.
To solve the double registration problem:
- Login to your old Koodo Self-Serve account
- Go to My Profile
- Select Role Manage
- Add your new account username as a user
This will make your new account usable as a secondary party on your primary account.
Note: If you have forgotten the password to your old Koodo account, simply click on this Forgot password link to change it.
Set your new password and log in to your Koodo account to set your personal preferences.
There are times when you are unable to log into your Self-Serve account because of account deactivation.
This can be caused by two scenarios. You either may have failed to pay your monthly bills or you may be using a shared account.
If you get a message saying you cannot access your account because:
- Service is cancelled
- Account approval is pending.
There are two possible causes. Your phone number may have been deactivated, or the owner may be restricting access.
To solve account access restriction:
- Ask the primary account holder to give access
- If you are the primary account holder, you have to reactivate your account.
- To do so, purchase a new Koodo SIM card and insert it into your phone.
- Visit the Koodo Mobile SIM card activation page
- Select activate prepaid SIM card and enter the 19 digits number on the back of your card.
- Click on Continue then select Choose Number
- Enter the 10 digits of your previous Koodo Mobile number
- Click on Continue
- Select a plan and then choose a valid payment method
- Click on Submit to complete SIM card activation and account reactivation.
Note: This process reactivates your account by transferring your Koodo Number to a new SIM card.
If you do this within the first few weeks of your number is deactivated, you may be successful,
The other common error with Koodo Self-Serve is when the email is rejected.
You may get a message saying that “the email you have entered is liked to another account”.
If this is your situation, it is necessary that you delete your email from the old Koodo account.
If you cannot access your old Koodo account, you can reset your password using your email.
How to delete email from an old Koodo Self-Serve account:
- Go to Koodo Self-Serve login page
- In place of a username enter the old email address
- Enter your old Koodo account password
- Click on login
- Once you log in to your account, click on Profile
- Select Edit
- Scroll down and select Delete Account.
Note: Instead of deleting your old account, you may alternatively delete your primary email from the old account.
To do this, you have to replace the email address provided with any email address that you do not use.
The Koodo Self-Serve not working problem can be quite frustrating if you do not know the cause. However, when you know the problem, solving it is very easy.
Look at the problems and solutions above to find yours. Apply the recommended solution and you will be able to use Koodo Self-Serve again.
Kevin has over five years of experience working in various Tech startups and providing Technical solutions. He has contributed to many Tech publications and websites.