Wondering why ITVX not working on LG TV? Well, you have found the right guide!
Not being able to access your favourite streaming app could be quite bothersome, especially if you’ve settled for a movie night.
There could be multiple factors preventing ITVX from working on your LG TV and in this guide we’ll provide you with the insights necessary to solve this issue.
Whenever ITVX is not opening or crashing on your LG TV, power cycle the television and check if the ITVX app is running on the latest firmware version. Next, verify your Wi-Fi connection and then ultimately, reinstall the ITVX TV application.
Let’s discover the origin of the problem!
Why is ITVX Not Working On LG TV?
If ITVX is refusing to work on your LG TV, an unstable Wi-Fi connection is the leading cause of such issues.
However, it’s not excluded that the application of ITVX is corrupted or there is something else preventing the app’s normal operation.
Let’s find out what could be wrong:
Can you View Reported ITVX Outages?
There is only one way to check for ITVX outages and that is through their socials.
On the ITVX Help page, you’ll see the most recent service status-related post from X, so you can verify any ongoing maintenance concerning your local area.
So, it’s very important to check and justify.
Note: Service outages typically go away automatically after 2-3 hours!
ITVX App Not Working On LG Smart TV – 7 Proven Ways to Fix!
Tip: Follow our consecutive tips and solutions to quickly resolve your ITVX issue!
1. Power Reset Your LG Television!
To address any temporal malfunctions with the LG TV that may involve app issues, power failures, or connectivity throttles, it is recommended to conduct a power reset.
The power reset or also a “power cycle” is a type of reset that discharges the TV out of its current power supply.
Note: This method is safe and does not erase anything from your LG TV!
Follow these steps to perform a power reset on the LG TV:
- Press the power button on the LG TV remote control.
- Wait for the TV to power and the display to go blank.
- Disconnect the power cable of the TV from the power.
- Wait for another 60 seconds and reconnect the TV.
- Press the power button on the remote and test ITVX.
Tip: The power cycle process is also effective to prevent the TV from overheating!
2. Reconnect LG TV to a Wi-Fi Network
One of the reasons why ITVX is not loading or functioning properly on the LG TV is a slow or missing internet connection.
Even if the TV is connected, unstable or “empty” WiFi will lead to critical issues with the online ITVX app, leading to crashes, freezes, buffering and interruptions!
Follow these steps to reconnect the LG TV to a Wi-Fi network:
- Press the “SMART” button on the LG TV remote.
- Access the “Home” menu and choose “Settings”.
- Press “OK” and then select the “Network” option.
- Choose “WiFi Connection” and wait for detection.
- Pick your home Wi-Fi connection from the screen.
- Insert the Wi-Fi password to your network next.
- Wait until the LG TV has established a connection.
How to Optimise My Internet & WiFi?
In case you’re experiencing connectivity shortages on your devices, there may be a fault with the network router or modem device.
An overloaded network or insufficient network resources (bandwidth) could also result in problems with the Wi-Fi, leading to ITVX application problems.
Here are some tips to improve the speed and functionality of your Wi-Fi:
- Power cycle your router – unplug the unit from the outlet for 60 seconds.
- Reduce network usage – unpair unused devices from your WiFi network.
- Relocate your LG setup – close the proximity between the TV and router.
- Resolve WiFi interference – displace any RF devices near the TV or router.
Also, test whether your WiFi is fully functional by using a secondary device such as your phone or PC.
Keep in mind that for streaming ITVX you need an internet speed of at least 2 Mbps.
Tip: You can perform a free internet speed test online anytime!
3. Update the ITVX LG Application!
If you still cannot launch the ITVX application on your LG TV, it is probably due to an outdated firmware version of the application.
Newer versions for ITVX are periodically released, so it is mandatory to keep the app up to date to work smoothly on any device as well as LG TV.
Here’s how to update the ITVX app on an LG TV easily:
- Turn on the LG Smart TV and wait for it to load.
- From the home page, access the content store.
- Click “Apps” and then go to the “My Apps” tab.
- Scroll down and locate the ITVX application below.
- Highlight the app and choose the “Update” button.
- Then, wait for the ITVX update process to finalise.
How to Update LG Smart TV?
Another possible cause for the ITVX outage could be the outdated version of the LG smart TV.
Before moving on with the next solution, you should also verify that the TV itself is functioning on the most current LG OS firmware version to make sure it is compatible with the ITVX app.
To update an LG TV, go to Settings > All Settings > General > About this TV > Check for Updates > “Update”.
Note: To update the firmware of the LG TV and ITVX, you need an active internet connection!
4. Clear the ITVX Application Cache!
Another reason why ITVX on LG TV not working could be due to a corrupted app cache.
If you have been streaming ITVX for a while now on your LG TV without clearing the excess data files, there might be ITVX corruption or missing files that you’ll have to manually erase and re-create.
Here’s how to clear the cache for ITVX on an LG TV device:
- Navigate to the home screen of the LG TV.
- Next, go over to the “System Settings” tab.
- Choose the “Application Manager” option.
- Wait for the list with preloaded apps to show.
- Scroll down and locate the ITVX application.
- Using the remote, highlight the ITVX app icon.
- Finally, choose the “Clear Cache” menu tab.
- Exit the settings and then open the ITVX app.
Tip: The cache of ITVX must be cleaned regularly to maintain proper performance!
5. Uninstall & Reinstall the ITVX App!
The most-powerful solution when ITVX not working on LG Smart TV is to simply uninstall ITVX and then download the app cleanly from the LG content store.
There’s a chance that the application files didn’t unpack well during the installation and now the LG ITVX app wouldn’t work normally.
Here’s how to reinstall ITVX on your LG TV easily:
- Press “Home” on the LG TV remote control.
- Highlight the ITVX application from the list.
- While the app is highlighted, hold “SELECT”.
- Wait until the “[X]” icon appears over the app.
- Next, press “OK” to confirm the uninstallation.
- After that, access the LG TV content store.
- Find the ITVX application and download it.
ITVX On LG TV Activation Process Guide!
Opening the ITVX app for the first time on your LG TV after the reinstallation will require your account credentials.
There are two methods to sign in to ITVX, one of which is to use the ITVX app on your mobile device or do it the old-fashioned way by writing down your ID and password.
So, open the ITVX app on your LG TV after the reinstallation and navigate to “Settings” at the top-right corner.
Choose “Sign in on another device”, but if you don’t have your smartphone or laptop at your disposal, simply write down the login credentials.
Tip: Once signed in to ITVX, attempt to stream any of the content shown!
Hence, the best solution when ITVX not working on LG TV is to perform a hard reset on the television and verify its network connection.
In case ITVX is still not working, you’ll need to clear the cache data of the application and reinstall ITVX cleanly on your LG TV.
Follow us for more helpful ITVX content and solutions!
Kevin has over five years of experience working in various Tech startups and providing Technical solutions. He has contributed to many Tech publications and websites.