Why is ITVX not working on Firestick? Well, this is a typical issue, so stay with us!
Failing to access ITVX through your Firestick could indicate a network problem or an issue with the ITVX application.
The only reliable way to uncover the best solution to the ITVX complication as quickly as possible is by reviewing all factors and addressing them individually!
Whenever ITVX isn’t working on your Firestick, reboot the Amazon dongle and check if ITVX is updated. Next, inspect the Wi-Fi connection of the Firestick and ultimately perform a factory reset to restore the device’s initial settings.
There is a lot to discuss, so let’s move on!
Why is the ITVX Not Working On Firestick?
There could be multiple causes leading to the ITVX problem on your Amazon Firestick.
In order to understand the problem, it is mandatory to review all of the underlying factors for the problem:
ITVX On Firestick Not Working – 7 Proven Ways to Fix!
Tip: Follow the steps in the order that they are listed.
1. Reboot the Amazon Firestick Dongle!
To resolve any temporal issues with the ITVX installed on the Firestick, you should reboot the system.
The reboot is especially effective if the ITVX application freezes, keeps loading slowly, or cannot establish a connection with the ITVX servers over the network.
Follow these simple steps to reboot the system of the Firestick:
- Hold the “Home” button on the Firestick remote.
- Release holding once the power menu appears.
- Then, pick the “Turn Off” option from the prompt.
- Wait until the Firestick device has powered off.
- Turn on the Firestick again and test the ITVX app.
How to Power Cycle an Amazon Firestick?
Another effective way to reboot the Firestick is to conduct a power cycle. This reset type will not erase any data stored on the device but will tremendously help.
Here’s exactly what to do:
- Turn off the Firestick using the steps above.
- Unplug the Firestick from the back of the TV.
- Wait for 60 seconds until the stick discharges.
- Connect the Firestick to an alternative HDMI.
- Change the source option on the TV device.
- Turn on the Firestick and test the ITVX app.
Tip: The power cycle may also help with overheating or hardware issues with the Firestick!
2. Inspect the Firestick Wi-Fi Connection
A constant and reliable Wi-Fi connection is necessary for streaming ITVX on your Firestick.
If the internet drops or the Wi-Fi strength is not sufficient, the ITVX app may crash, excessively load, or entirely freeze while running on the Firestick.
So the best approach would be to check if the Firestick is connected to the appropriate Wi-Fi and eventually diagnose issues with your network.
How to Check if Firestick is Connected to Wi-Fi?
- Navigate to the home screen of the Firestick.
- From there, go to “Settings” using the remote.
- Then, access the “Network” tab and wait.
- Pick your home Wi-Fi network from the list.
- Finally, type the password and hit “Connect.”
Tips to Improve Network and Wi-Fi Connectivity?
Multiple factors could have a negative impact on the speed and productivity of your Wi-Fi and network in general.
Things such as bandwidth, network usage, and network utilization are necessary for everyone to know in order to get the most out of their internet in terms of speed.
Here are the best ways to improve the speed of your Wi-Fi and network:
- Perform a hard reset on the network router.
- Unpair unused devices from all Wi-Fi networks.
- Temporarily stop downloading and uploading.
- Contact your ISP to discuss potential issues.
Tip: Test whether the promised speeds are accurate at speedtest.net.
3. Activate Firestick “Automatic Updates”
If the ITVX app runs behind firmware versions, functionality issues could occur.
To account for the problem, all you have to do is enable “Automatic Updates” on your Firestick and wait until the ITVX app’s most current version is uploaded.
Here’s how to turn on the “Automatic Updates” feature on a Firestick device:
- Go to “Settings” from the Firestick home page.
- After that, navigate to the “Applications” section.
- Click on the “Appstore” option and scroll down.
- Locate the “Automatic Updates” feature next.
- Highlight the feature and press “OK” on the remote.
Alert: If multiple applications were outdated, the ITVX app updates might get queued up!
4. Clear the Cache for the ITVX App!
Assuming that ITVX app not working on Firestick even after updating the platform to the latest version, the next best course of action is to clear the ITVX app cache.
As an application is continuously used and utilized on the system of the Firestick, excess data files keep piling up.
In case of any corruption with this data, the ITVX might stop working until the app is removed from the device or the cache data is refreshed.
Here’s exactly what to do on your Firestick unit:
- First, navigate to the Settings of the Firestick device.
- Go to “Applications” > “Manage Installed Applications.”
- Scroll down and choose the ITVX app from the list.
- Select “Clear Cache” and then choose “Clear Data.”
- Exit the applications tab of the Firestick and test ITVX.
Tip: Clear the cache of ITVX regularly to maintain the stable performance of the application!
5. Uninstall & Reinstall the ITVX App
If the ITVX application still fails to load on your Firestick, the app data is likely beyond saving, and you’ll have to reinstall it.
To permanently resolve any problems with ITVX on Firestick, it is recommended to uninstall and then download the ITVX application cleanly!
Follow these steps to uninstall and reinstall ITVX on your Firestick:
- First, access the Firestick settings configuration panel.
- Go to “Applications” > “Manage Installed Applications.”
- Scroll down and select the ITVX app from the app list.
- Choose the “Uninstall” button in the app option menu.
- Next, wait until ITVX is uninstalled from the Firestick.
- Open the Firestick content store and locate ITVX.
- Press on the “Download” button to get the application.
- Launch ITVX and sign into your user account again.
Can’t Sign In to ITVX On Firestick?
If you cannot access the ITVX platform after the reinstallation, you could be inserting the incorrect account login credentials.
Double-check if you’re using the correct username and password, and if you have no recollection, select the “Forget my Password” tile.
Note: To change the user credentials to your ITVX account, navigate to the official website!
6. Free Some of the Firestick’s Storage
Another reason why the ITVX app doesn’t seem to work on your Firestick could be due to storage-related issues.
Saving too many apps and exceeding the lengths of the Firestick storage could dramatically impact the performance and loading speeds on the Firestick.
Here’s how to free up some of the Firestick storage to fix the ITVX:
- First, go to the Firestick settings.
- Next, navigate to the “Applications” tab.
- Press “Manage Installed Applications.”
- Highlight an application you’re not using.
- Choose the “Uninstall” option to remove it.
- (Optional) Repeat for all unnecessary apps.
Alert: Do not uninstall critical systems apps that you will receive a warning for!
7. Restore Default Firestick Settings!
If you’re still encountering an error while attempting to access ITVX, the best way to settle this complication is to restore the default Firestick settings.
This is an effective method for troubleshooting any application, storage, and data problems with the Firestick in any variety.
Alert: The factory reset will erase all content and settings on the Firestick!
Here’s how to perform a factory reset on the Firestick device efficiently:
- First, press “Home” on the Firestick remote control.
- Navigate to “Settings” and choose “My Fire TV.”
- Scroll down and press “Reset to Factory Defaults.”
- Confirm the process by pressing “Reset” once again.
- Then, follow the necessary on-screen steps to finalize.
Note: The factory reset may take up to 1-2 minutes once it has been initiated!
Thus, the best way to fix when ITVX not working on Firestick is by first rebooting and re-plugging the Firestick dongle.
Moreover, the firmware of ITVX and the Firestick must be up to date, and if nothing helps, the ultimate step is to factory reset your Firestick.
Follow us for more!
Kevin has over five years of experience working in various Tech startups and providing Technical solutions. He has contributed to many Tech publications and websites.