When the ID Mobile no service problem keeps occurring, we have a solution!
All mobile operators have certain service circumstances without which, your device will not connect.
The most important aspect is to stay in coverage of a network tower, in order to receive SIM service on any mobile device.
Let’s learn more!
To fix No service on ID Mobile, Hard Reset your mobile and move out of dead zones. The next step is to reconnect your mobile to the ID network manually and reinsert the SIM card. In case nothing works, perform a Network Reset on your mobile device!
It’s essential to identify what’s causing this problem before we assume anything!
In order to understand what are the prioritised causes and reasons, we should make a list.
We will include all reports from users who experience the same ID Mobile out-of-service problems let’s summarise all possibilities below:
- There’s SIM Card Problem with your mobile device
- Your device is Out of Coverage or within a dead zone
- The mobile got Disconnect from the ID Network
- The Mobile Data Feature has run into a problem
- The Network Settings of your mobile device are incorrect
It’s important to take a look at the following causes and reasons before troubleshooting.
Those are the most common suspects for no service on ID mobile problems that users like you experience.
Once you’re ready, let’s jump in with the best fix methods!
The methods in our list are designed in a step-by-step guide, so following the chronological order is essential for achieving results.
By troubleshooting consecutively and keeping track of what’s going on with the issue, you’ll get your ID mobile service back in no time!
Let’s jump right in!
Performing a Hard Reset on your mobile may get the ID Mobile signal back.
Chances are that there was a temporal outage problem with your mobile device and by restarting its hardware, you’ll get the problem resolved.
Hard Reset consists of discharging the power out of your device and then connecting it to the charger to regain the lost power.
How to perform a Hard Reset on mobile:
- Turn off your Mobile Device.
- Wait for 5 Minutes.
- Connect the mobile to a Charger.
- Let the device charge for 60 seconds.
- Hold the Power Button on the device for 5 seconds.
- Wait for the device to boot up.
The signal status will be displayed immediately after your device starts up, but the connection could be on pending for a long time. Make sure to wait it out for several minutes.
Tip: You could also restart your mobile by going to Settings > General > Power > “OFF”.
A thing that’s common for all service carriers is that your phone Must Have Reception in order to connect with the network and use mobile data.
The same thing applies to ID since if you’re standing in a dead zone, there is no way that your mobile will receive any signal.
In that set of thoughts, there are certain places that could cause Signal Interference!
Stay out of the following dead zones:
- Underground Compartments or Tunnels
- Large Fields near forests that are far away from cities
- Mountain Areas that are also away from network/cellular towers
- Standing in-between Thick Concrete or Metal-plate Walls
Stay out of the following zones and the reception on your mobile should soon be restored.
It is best to be somewhere in a city within the UK, to benefit from an excellent mobile signal.
Note: Keep a track of your mobile signal state by looking at the bars on the top-right.
If your mobile device got disconnected from the ID network, you’ll not receive any signal.
If you didn’t know by now, there’s a way to reconnect your mobile device to the carrier’s network, by going into the settings.
You’ll have to navigate through the Network Settings on your device and enable a particular search prompt and you’ll soon be reconnected.
Here’s how to reconnect your mobile to the ID network:
- Navigate to Settings.
- Head to “More Networks”.
- Choose “Network Operators”.
- Press “Search for Networks”.
- Press “iD” from the list of available networks.
- Wait for the connection to be fulfilled.
Once your mobile device has detected the ID mobile network, a connection process will initiate. It may take 2-3 minutes for your mobile device to acquire ID’s connection.
Note: Shutting off your device or cancelling the process will prevent the mobile’s connection!
If you’re experiencing issues with ID’s mobile data feature, you should perform a Restart.
Every mobile device has an indicator within the settings that toggles the Mobile Data ON and OFF.
If the feature has glitched in some way, your mobile device may be left with no service until further notice. However, restarting the Data is well-known to be helpful at far.
How to restart Mobile Data Feature on your mobile:
- On your mobile, navigate to Settings.
- Head to “Cellular” or “Carrier Settings”.
- Access the “Mobile Data” tab.
- Press the Activation Slider once, to turn off the feature (it must turn grey).
- Standby for 60 seconds while the Mobile Data is disabled.
- Click the activation slider Again, to turn on the Mobile Data (it must turn green).
- Test the Mobile Data shortly after activating it.
Note: After enabling the Mobile Data, the connection status will occur in the top-right.
A great solution for any type of network and/or mobile data issues is to Reinsert the SIM.
If the issue is still occurring, there’s probably an issue with the placement or installation of your ID Mobile SIM card.
What you should do is have the SIM card taken out, clean it and then reinsert it into your mobile device correctly.
Let’s learn how to reseat the SIM card:
- Grab a SIM ejector tool.
- Insert the tool into your mobile’s Pinhole.
- Take out the SIM tray.
- Eject the SIM Card out of the Tray.
- Get a slightly wet cloth and collect all the dust on the SIM card.
- Dry up the SIM card using a dry cloth.
- Insert the SIM into the tray (watch out for the visual markings).
- Place the SIM tray back into your mobile.
Shortly after inserting the cleaned SIM inside your mobile device, the service status will be resumed.
Check if your phone now has coverage and could connect with the network.
Alert: Insert the SIM in the tray and your mobile device, only after it has completely dried up.
A method that will most likely fix the service signal on ID is the Network Reset Process!
This will erase all network data from your mobile device, along with faulty settings and options that are preventing the connection.
Keep in mind that the Network Reset is going to clear all Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and Cellular Data from your mobile phone.
This means all remembered Bluetooth Connections and Wi-Fi Networks will be permanently erased.
Here’s how to execute a Network Reset on most mobile devices:
- Launch the Settings Tab.
- Navigate to General > Reset > Network Reset (for iPhones).
- Head to Cellular > Reset Network Data (for Androids).
- Confirm the reset by typing down your device’s PIN code.
- Press “Next”.
- Wait for the Network Reset to complete.
While your mobile phone is still resetting, avoid interacting with the device since you could accidentally cancel the process. Test the device only after the reset is finished.
Note: If your device is running low on battery, plug it into the charger while it is still resetting!
Thus, to fix when your ID Mobile has no service, Power Cycle your mobile device and reconnect the device to the ID network. Next, take out the SIM card accompanied by a good cleaning and restart the data feature. Finally, Network Reset your mobile device!
Today we’ve learned how to fix when the ID mobile no service problem has impacted our mobile network.
It might be a little difficult to get this problem settled, but paying attention to our tips and notes and applying all methods consecutively, should pay off.
Visit our online blog to read more technical solutions for your smart-home issues!
Read Next: How to Fix iD Mobile Login Problems?
Kevin has over five years of experience working in various Tech startups and providing Technical solutions. He has contributed to many Tech publications and websites.