Asking how to set up Altice WiFi Extender? You’re at the right place!
In this guide, we’ll go over the complete setup for your Altice WiFi Extender, how to manage its settings and create your home WiFi profile.
We’ll also review all of the specifications for setting up an Altice extender and all of the things you should be aware of.
Here’s how to set it up:
To set up an Altice WiFi Extender, install the extender in an outlet and hook it up to a PC or a laptop. Access the web settings of the device and undergo the setup for your extender by Altice. Finally, connect the extender to your router using the WPS feature.
Let’s learn more about this setup and what to expect in our upcoming guide!
A thing about WiFi extenders in general is that they could really come in handy when WiFi signals have a difficult time reaching places in your home.
When you install a WiFi router, choosing its permanent position is essential and sometimes the signal can’t reach everywhere!
Here are some of the main requirements for setting up Alice WiFi Extender:
- Working Electrical Outlet
- Already Setup Router/Modem
- Working WiFi Connection
- Carrying Out the Setup
The Altice WiFi Extender’s technology allows a great boost of the WiFi strength coming out of your router and makes its range greater than the base coverage.
This is why in this guide we’ll cover the setup process in detail.
Keep reading to install your Altice Extender!
After going through the basics of WiFi extenders, how they work and where they connect to, it’s time to review how to set up your Altice WiFi Extender.
Assuming you’ve just taken out the extender from its delivery box, you’re starting the setup of your WiFi extender from scratch.
Let’s jump in with the instructions!
Your first task is to install the Extender on an electrical outlet! This is the only way to supply your extender with power and therefore set up its functionality and settings.
For now, install the extender into an outlet, near your computer or laptop so you could later hook up the devices using an Ethernet cable (in the next step).
Once the extender is secured into the outlet, press the power button to turn on the device.
Note: As soon as your extender turns on, the LED light should turn into a solid blue color.
Your next step after having the extender installed in a power outlet is to connect it to a PC or a laptop, in order to provide it to access its’ settings.
Before connecting the extender to your internet router, it must first be set up through the web page of Altice, where you’ll be able to adjust its variety of settings.
- The cable you must use for the connection is an Ethernet Cable
In that regard, make sure that you’re in possession of an Ethernet cable before proceeding.
Here’s how to connect your extender to a PC or a laptop:
- Get a desktop device that has an Ethernet Port.
- Connect the first end of the Ethernet to your Altice extender’s connector.
- Plug the second end of the Ethernet cable into the port on your desktop device.
- Wait for your desktop device to recognize the Altice Extender.
If the connection was successful, you should receive a notification on your desktop device that it has recognized the extender. Once that is done, you may proceed with the next step.
Note: If the connection is intact, you’ll see an Ethernet icon with a tick in the system tray.
In order to access the extender’s settings, you must be in possession of particular login credentials.
Those are used to activate the web setup of your extender and you must enter them before accessing the options of the device.
- You must access these settings through the wired to the extender PC or laptop
Here’s what credentials you need and how to find them:
- Default Gateway of the router (on a sticker underneath the device)
- Password (the security code for the router’s settings)
- Model Number of the extender (printed on a sticker underneath the extender)
- SSID (the Network Name of your router’s access point)
We’ll mainly be using the top three of this list, but it’s recommended to be in possession of all of the values, just in case a prompt requires you to insert something from the following.
Once you’ve identified all of the following credentials, write them down on your phone or on paper for easier access during the logging.
Tip: If you’re having a hard time identifying one of the credentials, contact your ISP.
Now that we know how to set up Altice WiFi Extender, we’ve come to the essential step of this guide – continuing the process through the web.
This is the standard way of creating a web profile for your extender and making it work with your WiFi later when we get the device connected to the router.
You should double-check whether you’ve collected all of the required credentials and that all of them are written down correctly.
Here’s how to access your extender’s settings in easy steps:
- On the connection to the extender PC/laptop, launch a browser.
- Paste down the default gateway of your extender into the search field.
- On the next page, type down the Model Number of your extender.
- Undergo login, by inserting “admin” for both username and password.
- Access the extender settings.
Once you’re within the extender’s settings, let’s learn how to undergo the setup!
- Select whether you want your extender to be an access point or not.
- Set an SSID for the extender (name it the same as the WiFi).
- Set a Password for the extender that’ll be used for the connection.
- Follow the rest of the instructions.
Note: Most of the settings you’ll be establishing during setup are very well explained in the prompt.
Now that your extender is set up, it’s time to get it connected to your router.
This is a simple step since the connection between your extender and router will be wireless since it will be done through WPS (Wi-Fi Protected Setup).
All you have to do is press the WPS buttons on your router and extenders and the Wi-Fi connection will be established.
Follow these instructions to pair your extender to the router in easy steps:
- Turn on the extender and wait for the red-light flashes.
- Press the WPS Button on the extender.
- Within the next 60 seconds, hit the WPS button on your router.
- Wait for the WPS light on your extender and router to turn in white color.
- Disconnect the extender from the PC or laptop you’ve set it up through.
Do not unplug the extender from your PC or laptop, before the WPS light has turned into a solid white color. This means that the connection was successful and the devices are connected.
Note: It may take between 30 and 60 seconds for your extender and router to connect.
And for the final step of our guide, it’s time to position your Altice extender!
Based on where the dead zone and your router are, you’ll have to figure out a position for the extender, between those areas.
Search for a suitable outlet to plug your extender in, somewhere 20 meters away from your router and 20-30 meters away from the dead zone.
Connect your extender to its new electrical outlet and it should soon cover the dead zone!
Alert: Unplugging your extender may require you to go undergo WPS setup once again.
To answer “how to set up Altice WiFi Extender?”, we’ve learned that the device has to be connected to the electrical outlet and plugged into your PC or laptop. The next step of the setup is through the web and connecting the device to your router using WPS.
We hope that this guide was helpful and for more relevant content, check our blog!
Kevin has over five years of experience working in various Tech startups and providing Technical solutions. He has contributed to many Tech publications and websites.