If you are a Shaw customer, you may want to know how to return Shaw equipment and the steps to take.
In case you find that your Shaw device is defective, your only solution is to return it back. You may also return the equipment at the end of its life or for upgrades.
There are a few steps you should follow in returning Shaw equipment.
To return Shaw equipment, contact the Shaw team to confirm that the device is eligible for returns.
After confirming, print the returns label and send the equipment to the nearest Canada Post office.
Make sure you attach the printed label for delivery to the Shaw warehouse. The return of any equipment to Shaw must follow specific guidelines.
Let’s look at the conditions and reasons to fulfill when returning Shaw equipment.
Reasons Why Return Shaw Equipment
Most people return Shaw equipment at the end of its life. However, there are many other scenarios to return equipment.
The main situations when people return Shaw equipment are:
- To Swap or Upgrade – Shaw must authorize any swap or upgrades. You must contact them before sending your device
- Return products to claim warranty in case of defects
- Return products to Shaw in case there is a callback
- You can return products to Shaw for Recycling
How to Return Shaw Equipment Step by Step
Now that you have a clear understanding of the conditions to return your equipment, you should get the steps to follow.
There are specific steps you should take to send your equipment back to Shaw.
These steps are as follows:
Step #1 Confirm That Your Product is Eligible for Returns
The first step you must consider for Shaw how to return equipment is the eligibility of the device for returns.
It is not all types of products that can be returned to Shaw.
For a product to be returned, a few things must happen.
- You must contact Shaw customer care to determine if your specific product is eligible for returns.
- If you are moving, you must notify Shaw at least two weeks in advance.
- If you are returning a product for an upgrade, the product should be in a usable state.
- You should only return products for recycling if there are no other available recycling options provided by Shaw.
Step #2 Print a Return Label for Canada Post
You will have to print a return label for sending your equipment via Canada Post.
If you are sending a product to Shaw via Canada Post, you will not be charged anything as long as you have the return label.
How to print return labels for Telus
- Visit the Canada Post label printing page
- Enter your region’s Canada Post Return ID Number
- Fill in your required details starting with your Shaw Account Number.
- Select exception and delivery notification to receive an email in case there is a problem with delivery.
- Click on Continue to see if the information you have provided is right.
- Once verified, click on Get label
- Click on the link sent to your email to print the shipping label.
Note: If you do not have a printer, you may still scan the QR code on your email at any Canada Post outlet.
However, it is recommended to print the label for easy processing.
Canada Post returns ID numbers for different regions
- British Columbia Island- PR648179
- British Columbia Mainland- PR630846
- Alberta- PR636290
- Calgary PR652988
- Manitoba and Ontario- PR639703
Step #3 Packaging Product and Sending to Shaw
You have two options when it comes to returning your product to Shaw. You can either return the product in person or send it via Canada Post.
If you will be sending your returns via post, make sure it fulfills all the requirements.
If you will be returning equipment in person, pack it well and include all accessories.
The way you package your returns determines whether they will be accepted or not.
Guidelines to package Shaw returns:
- Find a plain box of appropriate size depending on the size of your equipment.
- Package the equipment in your box, inclusive of any extension cables and other accessories
- Wrap up your box and tape the label printed in step #2 above if you are sending it through Canada Post.
- If you are sending it in person, there is no need for attaching a label
- Deliver your box to Canada Post if labeled or take it to your nearest Shaw outlet.
Step #4 Complete Your Moving Checklist
If you are moving, it is important that you give out some details.
If you return equipment to Shaw for moving without filling out details you may miss some services.
The Shaw team takes time to analyze the region you are moving to. They must check to see if your new home is ready for Shaw services or not.
For this type of preparation to be possible, you must fulfill some conditions.
Everything you must do when returning equipment to Shaw for moving
- You must provide Shaw with a two weeks notice explaining your need for moving services.
- You must provide Shaw with your new address so that they can check the availability of Shaw services.
- You must provide the exact dates when you are leaving your current premises and the day you need fixing.
- The date you book for installation of the Shaw device in your new location should fall within a 6-week period. Shaw agents can assign you any date in this period depending on their schedule.
- You must provide an active phone number for constant chats with Sh aw experts.
Note: If you fail to provide the necessary information on time, you will take longer before getting Shaw installed in your new home.
Step #5 Return a Product Within Trial Period
There are some guidelines on how to return a product for replacement. Shaw has a 15-day trial period for newly purchased products.
In case you find your equipment to be faulty, you must return it within this period for a replacement.
A product returned outside this window may not qualify for replacement.
The trial period returns guidelines:
- The Shaw equipment must be returned to the store where it was purchased. For this reason, do not use Canada Post for such returns.
- The product must be returned within 15 days of purchase
- The product must be in like new condition to be accepted
- The device should either have a defect not caused by the owner for a replacement.
- All accessories and the original packaging will be required
- Proof of purchase documents must be provided
Note: Unless all the above conditions are fulfilled, you will not receive a refund even if your product deserves to be refunded.
Step #5 Return Shaw Equipment During Warranty Period
The conditions for returning the device during the warranty period are different from trial periods. During the warranty period, a product can be returned even after some months of use.
However, some fees and deposits may apply for the device to be replaced or repaired.
Warranty period returns conditions
- The product should be returned after 15 days but within 365 days from the day of purchase.
- You must have the original receipt or any document that proves the purchase of the product.
- The product for warranty must be well packaged together with all accessories.
- The defect in the product should not be caused by the owner or a natural event.
There are some products that are not covered by the manufacturer’s warranty.
If your product is damaged due to improper storage, abuse, accidents, abnormal operation, and improper installation, you won’t be refunded.
Note: You should not expect to get a new device when claiming a warranty.
You may only be eligible for repair cost coverage in some instances.
In exploring how to return Shaw equipment, you must consider all the policy guidelines. Returning a product to the seller always comes at a cost.
The seller will only accept the equipment if it is damaged due to their fault. For other situations such as device callbacks, you do not have to worry much.
Read Next: How to Cancel Shaw Without Penalty? – Best Options
Kevin has over five years of experience working in various Tech startups and providing Technical solutions. He has contributed to many Tech publications and websites.