If you have just purchased your Breezline TV, you may be interested in knowing how to program a Breezeline remote.
You may be confused due to the high number of buttons on your Breezline remote.
The remote also tends to have quite a different naming of functions compared to popular TV brands. We have simplified the steps for you to program your remote.
Keep on reading to find out more.
Requirements to Program Your Breezline Remote
The Breezeline remote setup can be done by any person with a Breezline TV.
However, there are a few requirements that will need to be fulfilled. If you are programming your TV for the very first time, you will need all the following accessories.
- A Breezline TV remote with brand new batteries placed in the right order. The remote uses two triple-A batteries
- The Breezline TV code is usually available in your TV manual. If you do not have a manual request for the code from Breezline.
- Your TV when connected to a source of Power.
- Sufficient time to wait until the Setup is complete
Note: If you need to program the Breezeline remote to control a specific device such as DVR, you will need the access codes for that device. These codes can usually be found in the user manual for the device.
How to Program a Breezeline Remote Step by Step
Now that you know everything you need to program your Breezline TV, it is time to get into the action.
Make sure you have sufficient time before you get into the Breezeline remote programming process.
In most cases, you will need between 10 and 15 minutes to get your remote programmed.
If you will also be performing channel searches on other devices and programming, you may need even longer time. If you experience any interruptions during the setup you will have to start again.
Here are the steps to program your Breezline TV remote.
1. Locate the Programing Code
The first step you should take is to locate your TV programming code. The code is a 3-digit number used to pair the remote to your TV.
You can get the code from your Manual or request one from the Breezline TV website.
If you do not have access to the manual, the only option is to contact Brezline support.
How to obtain your Breezline TV programming code
- Find the Manual that came with your TV
- Look for the Remote Programming section
- Note the Programing Code for your TV down
- If you lost your code, visit Breezline.com/support/remote-control and request a code
2. Power TV and Enter Programming Mode
When you have your programming code in your hands, place brand-new batteries in your remote. You cannot power on your TV with a remote.
Also, connect your TV to a power source and turn it on. With that, use the power button on your Remote to turn on your TV to start programming.
How to power on your TV:
- Locate the power cord at the back of your TV
- Plug the power code into a wall socket and turn it on
- If your power source is functioning well, you should see a red light on your TV
- Press the Power Button once and wait for the TV to turn on
- Press and Hold the TV and OK/Sell buttons simultaneously
- Do not release the Buttons until the TV button Lights Up
3. Use the TV Code to Pair the Remote
Once your TV is powered up and into programming mode, you will be required to input the code.
Use your remote keys to enter the numbers on your code. These numbers should be readily available in your manual.
If you do not have access to the code you will not be able to complete programming the remote.
- Enter the 3-digit code by typing the digit numbers on your Remote
- Press the TV button after inputting the code
- Wait for the TV button to flash Twice if the code is accepted
Note: For other devices such as DVR, DVD, and VCR, use the specific programming code for such devices. The codes are also available in your Remote manual.
4. Restart Your TV to Complete the Programming
Once you have input your code and it has been accepted, the next step should be to power on your TV.
While in some cases you can just start using the TV right away, it is ideal to reboot your TV.
To do this, simply use the power button on your remote to turn the TV off.
Wait for a few seconds and turn the TV back on:
- Press and release the power button
- Let the TV Turn Off and wait for about 5 seconds
- Press the Power Button again to turn on your TV
Note: Even if the programming has been completed, do not turn off the TV by disconnecting from the power source. Disconnecting your TV may mess up your settings and will require new programming.
5. How to Program Your Breezeline TV Using the Auto Search Feature
Now that you have programmed your remote to your TV, there is still one more step to take to start enjoying viewing.
You may want to auto-search for channels on your TV. This applies to other devices that use Breezline remote as well.
Whether you are auto-searching on TV, VCR, or DVD, you can use the same steps.
Here are the steps to auto-search program your TV remote:
- Turn on your TV by pressing the Power Button.
- Release the Power Button once the TV turns on
- Press the TV and OK/SELL buttons.
- Wait until the TV button lights up.
- Press the CHANNEL button repeatedly until the TV turns off.
- Press the corresponding button TV or DVR
- The button light should blink twice to indicate that the component has been successfully programmed.
Note: If you intend to use your Breezeline TV and any other gadget together, make sure you do the programming of the TV first. The other gadget can then follow after you finish with the regular TV programming.
6. How to Reset Stream TV Remote and Pair It to Stream TV Box
If you are using the old stream TV, you may be interested in upgrading to Stream Box.
Breezline TV allows users of the Stream TV to upgrade to the Stream Box without changing the remote.
All you have to do is reset your remote and pair it with your Stream TV Box.
- Hold the TiVo button and POWER button on the remote at the same time.
- Wait for the activity light to turn solid red.
- Press the VOLUME DOWN button three times.
- Press and hold the TiVo button.
- The light will flash red three times.
- Remove the batteries from the remote and wait for at least 10 seconds.
Pairing Stream TV remote to Stream TV BOx:
- Insert the batteries into the remote.
- Press and hold the TiVo button to initiate the pairing process.
- The light will blink amber/yellow quickly 5 times to confirm tat the pairing was successful.
Now you know how to program a Breezeline remote to your TV, DVR, VCR, or AUX.
As long as your TV remote is powered up, you should finish the setup in less than 15 minutes. Follow the steps above and you will program your TV in no time.
Finn Wheatley holds a Master’s Degree in Computer Science from UCL, London. He helped small data science consultancy firms, helping large corporations to grow their data capabilities, deploy advanced machine learning-based analytics and troubleshoot tech-related issues.