If you are a gamer who loves music, you may be looking for how to get SoundCloud on PS4.
While PS4 supports many music-playing apps, most of the available apps fall short of what SoundCloud offers.
The wide selection of songs on SoundCloud is not easily found on other streaming platforms. This may be the reason why you need SoundCloud.
You can get SoundCloud on PS4 but you cannot download SoundCloud applications on PS4.
The only applications you can download on PS4 are the ones available on the PS4 Store. Unfortunately, SoundCloud is not among the applications you can download at the moment.
With that said, the PS4 console can play music since it is designed to do so. If you have specific music you would love to play from SoundCloud, do not worry.
Read further to find out how to play all SoundCloud songs on your PS4.
Why Get SoundCloud on PS4?
Even before we start answering the question, can you get SoundCloud on PS4, we must consider why. The most important question here is why you want SoundCloud.
If you only want it for playing your favorite tunes, the answer is yes, it is available.
If you want the SoundCloud application, in particular, things get complicated.
Some of the reasons for getting SoundCloud on PS4 are
- To play a wide variety of songs that may not be available on other streaming applications
- To enjoy high-quality music offered by the application
- To download songs that can be played in the background while playing games
- To increase your music app selection
For all these reasons, you will be successful in getting what you want as long as your target is music.
For those who just want to have the application on PS4, the case is quite complex.
How Can You Listen to Music on PS4?
The fact is that you can listen to music on PS4.
You may either directly listen to music from streaming service providers or import files from your PC. In either situation, you will still be able to listen to music on your console.
You can also listen to music in the background while playing games. PS4 supports the use of music players without necessarily affecting your games.
The console comes with an inbuilt music player that can play imported files.
If you need to play files available on the cloud, you will need to download a different player.
Music streaming applications such as Spotify are readily available on your menu for the best experience.
Unfortunately, SoundCloud is not among the readily available music apps. So, how exactly do you access the SoundCloud playlist?
How to Get SoundCloud on PS4 for Playing Music
To get SoundCloud on PS4, we have four main options. None of the available options includes downloading the app.
We will have to cut corners to access your favorite SoundCloud tunes on PS4.
Solution #1 Listen on the Web Browser
The first option is to listen to music on the web. The PS4 console has a browser where you can access the web.
From this browser, you will simply be required to visit Soundcloud.com and enjoy all types of music.
How to play music on the SoundCloud web
- Open your web browser of PS4
- Search for “Soundcloud.com”
- You will be taken to the SoundCloud homepage where you will have access to a wide range of music
Note: Even if you are accessing SoundCloud on the web, you will still have to pay your regular subscription fees to access music.
Solution #2 Use the PlayStation Music App
If you have the PlayStation Music App, you can directly use it to listen to SoundCloud playlists. The app is free and can be downloaded from the PlayStation Store.
All you have to do is search for the app and download it on your PS4.
When you launch the app, you will be required to log in to play music. You will have options to either create an account or log in with a music streaming service account.
To use SoundCloud, simply log in with SoundCloud details.
How to get SoundCloud on PlayStation Music App
- Go to PlayStation Store
- Search for PlayStation Music App
- Download and Install the application
- Click on the app to Launch it
- Select SoundCloud as your Preferred playlist source
- Enter your Login details to proceed
Solution #3 Use a DLNA Application to Cast Your Phone
The other option you have is to use a third-party DLNA application on your phone. The good news is that the PS4 supports DLNA.
This simply means that you can link your phone and PS4 console over a Wifi and share playlists.
Once your phone is linked to PS4, any music available on SoundCloud on your phone can be played on PS4.
This is quite a hectic process and should only be used if the above two fail.
If the other options completely fail, you have to try and link your phone and console.
How to play SoundCloud on PS4 using DLNA linking
- Download the PlayStation Media Player from the PlayStation Store
- On your phone, download any DLNA Application from your App Store by searching “screen mirror application”
- Launch your Media Player application on PS4 and also launch the DLNA player on your phone
- On your phone search for the PS4 player to link and share your music
- Follow the directions on your screen to complete linking PS4
- Once the two devices are linked, head to the SoundCloud application on your phone and open your playlist
- You can now play any music you want on your phone on the PS4 player
Note: In order for PS4 and your phone to be linked, both devices should be connected on the same Wifi.
Further, you must use the Sony Media Player on PS4 since it supports DLNA.
Solution #4 Download and Play Music on Flash Drive
Finally, you may opt for downloading all the music you love and playing it on PS4. This is not the same as playing SoundCloud on PS4 but it resolves the problem.
If you are completely unable to play your music, simply download it on your PC, save to a flash drive and play it on the console.
The good news is that SoundCloud allows users to download songs.
If there is just a particular song you want, it is much easier to download it than go through a struggle to play it online.
How to download and play SoundCloud music on PS4
- Head to SoundCloud on your laptop and download your preferred songs
- On your computer, create a new folder and label it “Music”
- Export all the downloaded songs into your newly created folder
- Connect a USB flash drive on your computer and send the folder to your drive
- Eject the USB safely and connect it to any of the USB ports on your PS4 console
- After connecting USB, Restart your console
- When the console boots up, you should see the Media Player. Select it to play the songs on your flash drive in the background
Note: The songs you download for playing on PS4 should only be in MP3 format.
The player does not support other formats available for download.
Steps to Download SoundCloud Application on PS4
If you want the steps on how to download SoundCloud on PS4, the answer is they don’t exist.
You will not be able to download the SoundCloud application on your PS4.
You can only enjoy SoundCloud music on PS4 by following the above steps.
In general, it is possible to play SoundCloud songs on your PS4. This post should answer all concerns on how to get SoundCloud on PS4.
As long as you have access to your SoundCloud account, there are ways to get the songs to your PS4. Choose the most appropriate option for your needs.
Finn Wheatley holds a Master’s Degree in Computer Science from UCL, London. He helped small data science consultancy firms, helping large corporations to grow their data capabilities, deploy advanced machine learning-based analytics and troubleshoot tech-related issues. Check out more about him here.