Are you looking for a guide that’ll teach you the methods of how to change Cox WiFi name and password? Do you want to learn the steps of how you can do it with ease and convenience?
In this guide, we will be detailing the step-by-step method on how you can change and modify the SSID or the WiFi name and password of your Cox gateway/modem!
If you’re unsure of the process of how you can change your Cox WiFi name and password, you can perform it via the admin configuration interface, the Web Portal and/or App, or via the Panoramic Web Portal!
Before going into the process deeply, let us first try to understand the importance of changing the WiFI name and password of your Cox hardware.
The reasons why it is important to change your Cox WiFi name and password vary, but among the most common of these include:
- You’re heightening the security of your home network
- You forgot your Cox WiFi password
- You’re changing it for the first time
So, in understanding the process of how to change Cox WiFi name as well as the password, it’ll often involve these reasons.
Should the reason be that you forgot your password, Cox offers the option of finding the default WiFi password.
Should you be more interested in getting the default password of your Cox WiFi, here are some of the things that you can do:
- Check the bottom part or the side part of the router
- Look at the manual that came with the device
- Check the booklet of the Cox Welcome Kit
But, if you’re really eager to change and modify the WiFi name and password of your Cox hardware, here’s how you can do it!
Unlike all the other tutorials you’ll find online, our tutorial wouldn’t give you the obvious.
We’ll be discussing a few different methods on how you can modify the SSID (WiFi name) and password of your Cox router!
The first method you can do to change your WiFi name and password is through the admin configuration panel. This is the classic method where you’ll be accessing the router’s administrator interface.
Here’s how you can do this:
- Connect the router to your PC or laptop via an Ethernet cable.
- Type in the router’s IP address into the address bar of whatever web browser you’re using.
- Once in, enter the credentials (username and password) of your router.
- Inside the panel, navigate to WiFi/Wireless.
- Choose and select the option that says Cox WiFi SSID or Cox WiFi Password.
- From there, you’ll be able to edit and modify both the name and the password of the WiFi.
When you’ve finished making the changes, hit on Save/Apply and then exit the browser. It’s important to perform a reboot or a power cycle of the router to set all the changes permanently.
That’s it for our first method! What other options and alternatives do you have for changing the Cox WiFi name and password?
This next method will involve accessing the Cox WiFI Web portal or the web version of the Cox app.
Unlike the modems/gateways or routers offered by different manufacturers, changing or modifying the SSID or the WiFI name and password of Cox routers and modems can also be done through the web portal.
NOTE: For this method, you don’t need to connect the router or the modem via an Ethernet cable directly to your PC or laptop any longer.
As a matter of fact, you can even do it on your smartphone!
- Access the Cox website.
- Then, on the top-right part of the webpage, click My Account.
- Log into your account using the credentials you’ve set up.
- If you have more than one (1) service with Cox, navigate to Internet > Account.
- Click on the option that says My WiFi.
- From there, the clickable links would be Change Wireless Network Name (SSID) or Password.
Similar to the first method, you’ll still also need to reboot or power cycle your modem or gateway for the changes to take effect.
And last, but most definitely not least is by changing the SSID or the WiFi name and/or password via the Panoramic WiFi Web Portal & App.
This is somewhat similar to the second method, but instead of being doable only via the web portal, you can do and access it via the app, too!
Here’s the process of how you can change your WiFi information via the Panoramic web portal:
- Access the Panoramic web portal.
- Enter your username and password on the required fields.
- Once in, navigate to Connect > See Network.
- Upon clicking See Network, you’ll see different options, click WiFi Network Name.
- In the list of options, hit on the button that says My Network > Edit WiFi.
- From there, a window that’s labeled as WiFi Settings will pop up.
- Click Edit WiFi Settings and from there, you can change the settings of the WiFI network.
Here’s the step-by-step method of changing it via the Panoramic App:
- Download and install the Panoramic app on your smartphone.
- Once done, access it and log into your account using the set credentials.
- At the bottom part of the screen, click Connect.
- After you click it, select Network Name > See Network.
- Select My Network on the pageandthen hit Edit (pencil icon).
- From here, you will be able to change either the SSID or the password of the WiFI.
Once you’re finally decided, select Apply Changes, and the modifications will push through and will be updated in the system.
By doing any of these processes, you’ll be able to change the WiFi name and/or password of your Cox hardware with ease!
Should you be unable to do any of these methods because of the fact that you’re not able to access any of them, contact the customer service department of Cox immediately.
Let them know about your problem and they can help you with it! Moreover, they can reset your accounts for you to be able to log into it the next time you need it!
If you’re wondering how you can change your Cox WiFi name and password, you have three different options for doing it! You can modify it via the admin configuration interface, the My WiFi web portal, and even the Panoramic web and app portal!
Read Next: Does Cox Throttle Internet Speed?
Just like you, many people are finding the exact guide that’ll teach them how to change Cox WiFi name and password.
And you’re lucky because this tutorial will be more than what you’re looking for!
You don’t have to think about alternatives because this guide has laid all of it out for you!
Kevin has over five years of experience working in various Tech startups and providing Technical solutions. He has contributed to many Tech publications and websites.