Wondering why the HD Channels on DISH network not working? Stay with us to know!
When talking about channel loss or functionality problems on any satellite provider, there are a couple of mandatory factors to take into consideration.
Problems with the HD channels in your lineup are likely to occur as a result of satellite strength issues or misconfigured TV guides.
If you’re unable to stream HD channels on DISH TV, check the TV box’s wiring setup and reset active guide filtering settings. Next, renew your DISH TV subscription and consider performing a factory reset to troubleshoot the problem.
Let’s understand why the HD channels in your lineup are compromised!
Why is My HD Channels Not Working On DISH Network?
When a particular set of channels are not available in your DISH channel guide, the issue is most likely related to incorrect guide preference settings.
On the other hand, proper signal strength is one of the highly essential demands when streaming any type of DISH satellite TV.
Let’s review all of the possible causes that could lead to the HD channel problem:
- The guide filtering settings are incorrect.
- There’s a temporal TV Box signal issue.
- Improper TV cable wiring management.
- Incorrect positioning of the satellite DISH.
- Furious weather is interrupting the signal.
- Software/hardware issue with the TV box.
HD Channels on DISH Network Not Working – Easy Solution!
Tip: Follow our steps in consecutive order!
1. Check for Current DISH TV Outages!
Ahead of everything, you should check the DISH TV availability specifically for your area. The spontaneous disappearance of the HD channels could be a result of an ongoing outage or maintenance or outage on DISH’s end.
- Use a web browser to navigate to “DISH.com” and access the coverage in US cities!
Tip: Call DISH TV Directly!
You could also contact a DISH agent at 1-800-796-7160.
Simply provide them with your client and personal information as well as the location you wish to check the availability for.
The agent will answer whether the service in your area is active and how long it will be offline for.
Note: DISH outages usually last for about 1-2 hours at maximum!
2. Alter the Guide Preferences
If the HD channels available on your channel lineup are hidden due to an active channel filter, you will be unable to see any of the HD channels.
To fix the problem with the disappearing HD channels, you must access the guide filtering preferences and erase the configuration.
Here’s how to alter the TV guide preferences on your DISH TV setup:
- Press the “Menu” button on the remote control.
- Once the menu is opened, press “8” on the remote.
- From the next window, highlight “HD” and “SD”.
- Then, press the “Save” button and exit the tab.
- Check if the guide displays HD channels now.
Note: After resetting the filtering settings, the guide will display all available broadcasts!
3. Check the DISH Subscription
One of the primary reasons that your DISH TV guide won’t display any of the HD channels or pressing them isn’t working, could be due to an outdated subscription.
If you haven’t renewed the subscription by the end of the billing cycle, all paid channels will become unavailable.
Here’s how to resume your DISH TV subscription in easy steps:
- Navigate to mydish.com/account through a web browser.
- Click on “Pay to Restore Services” in the account overlay.
- Confirm that all included services are desired by the user.
- Provide the required payment details and save the info.
- Click “Continue”, review your payment, and press “Submit”.
Info: The reactivation of your DISH HD channels and subscription may take up to 1-2 hours!
4. Power Cycle the DISH TV Box
It is possible that there’s a temporal issue with the DISH TV box, due to which you’re unable to see available HD channels in your broadcast lineup.
To fix any underlying problems with the TV box, it is recommended to conduct a power cycle on the device, by unplugging it from power.
Here’s how to power cycle the DISH TV box in easy steps:
- Locate the power button on the front of the TV box.
- Press and hold the power button for 10-15 seconds.
- Unplug the power adapter of the TV box from the outlet.
- Wait for 60 seconds while the TV box is disconnected.
- Reattach the power cable of the TV box to an outlet.
- Wait until the TV box turns on and check the TV guide.
Notice: Make sure that there are no applied filtering settings in the guide after the power cycle.
5. Re-Add the DISH HD Channels
Another solution when you can’t see HD Channels on DISH network not working, is to re-add all lost broadcasts through the DISH TV website or app.
DISH has made it possible to re-add channels through multiple sources at potentially approachable prices for all subscribed users.
Alert: Payment is required for adding HD channels that are not added to your lineup by default!
How to Add DISH TV Channels Via Website?
- Navigate to DISH TV’s official website.
- Sign in using the provided DISH credentials.
- Navigate to the “Packs and Channels” tab.
- Press on the “Add-On Pack” and hit “Next”.
- Choose any lost HD channels from the list.
- Wait for 2-3 minutes for the channels to be re-added.
How to Add DISH TV Channels Via App?
- Download and My Dish app from Google Play/App Store.
- Then, open the app and sign in to your DISH account.
- Navigate to “Edit Pack” and see all the info on your pack.
- Select HD channels from the pack list you wish to add.
- Press the “Add” button next to the desired HD channel.
- Then, click the “Submit” button and wait for 5-10 minutes.
How to Add DISH TV Channels VIA SMS?
- First, open the messaging app on your mobile device.
- Set “DISHTV GET” to address “57575” as the channel number.
- Insert the registered mobile number into your subscription pack.
- Then, list the channels you wish to add to your TV lineup.
- Send the message and wait for the confirmation prompt.
- Wait until the desired HD channels are added to your lineup.
Note: The HD channels will be delivered to your lineup after about 20-30 minutes of waiting!
6. Correct Issues with the Signal
HD channels travel in bulkier packages and if your TV box does not acquire enough signal, only SD channels will be available in your TV guide.
Insufficient signal income can be addressed in many ways, but below are the best-working methods for restoring a proper TV box connection!
Reconnect the Dish Cable!
To refresh the signal connection of your DISH TV box, unplug the dish cable from the back of the receiver and wait for 30 seconds.
While waiting, inspect the condition of the dish cable and try to spot any damages worth reporting to DISH themselves.
Alert: If there are any inflicted damages to the dish cable, get in touch with DISH to report them!
Align the Satellite Dish!
Without the required tools, it is only possible to make a rough adjustment to the satellite DISH in hopes of improving the incoming signal of the TV box.
Reach the satellite DISH and download the “Sat Finder” app available on the Google Play and App Store.
Info: The “Sat Finder” app takes your current position into consideration and also uses the preferred provider (DISH) to provide you with proper alignment instructions!
Wait On Bad Weather to Pass!
Bad weather can compromise the OVA signal your DISH TV box uses, so it is recommended to wait out the improper weather conditions to pass.
So, check if the HD channels of your TV box are back, after waiting for the outside weather to improve.
Tip: SD and HD channels could both be offline during heavy thunderstorms!
7. Restore the TV Box to Initial Settings
In case you’re still unable to view any of the provided DISH HD channels, there’s probably an underlying software issue with the TV box.
Follow these instructions to initialize the software of the DISH TV box:
To address the problem, you must revert the TV box to factory defaults and erase all content and settings that could be causing the problem.
- Press the “Home” button on the DISH remote control.
- Navigate to “Settings”, scroll down, and select “Tools”.
- Choose the “Factory Reset” option and press “OK”.
- On the confirmation prompt, select “Approve”.
- Finally, wait for the factory reset to begin and finish.
Note: Once the factory reset is complete, you will have to set up the TV box from scratch.
Thus, whenever HD Channels on DISH network not working, power cycle the TV box first and inspect whether the cables are connected properly. If you’re still unable to stream HD channels, reconnect the service cable and factory reset the TV box’ software.
Follow our blog for more technical tips and troubleshooting tricks!
Kevin has over five years of experience working in various Tech startups and providing Technical solutions. He has contributed to many Tech publications and websites.