Commercials suck, and they can be very annoying when you’re bombarded by tons of them while streaming your favorite shows on Peacock. So, can you fast forward on Peacock?
You can’t fast forward and skip ads on Peacock, mainly because that’s how Peacock makes money. They want you to watch all their commercials when watching on-demand content.
Generally, this limitation isn’t set by Google or CCwGTV but by the content provider.
Now that we’ve established you can’t fast forward and skip ads on Peacock, let’s check out a couple of workarounds to this problem.
This way you can get back to enjoying your favorite shows without any interruptions.
Here are a few solutions on how you can fast forward through commercials on Peacock:
You can fix this issue by downloading and installing the Peacock TV Extended, a Peacock Google extension.
Peacock TV Extended enables you to be in the driver’s seat of your watching experience.
This extension merges various functionalities into a straightforward program that grants you more control over the Peacock streaming service.
Peacock TV Extended allows you to boost your viewing experience in multiple ways.
- Adjust (speed up and slow down) the playback speed.
- Hide spoilers.
- Bypass intros, recaps and fast-forward ads for a few shows.
All you have to do is add the Peacock TV Extended extension to your browser, launch the control panel and get entertained by content customized to meet your preferences.
It’s just that simple!
You can’t add an extension with your browser on guest or incognito mode.
Here is how to download and install the extension on your browser in easy-to-follow steps.
- Open the Chrome Web Store.
- Find Peacock TV Extended and select it.
- Click Add to Chrome.
- If specific permissions or data are needed, click on Add extension to approve the installation.
- Click on the icon on the right of the address bar to use the extension.
Tip: Some computers are automatically set to block some extensions, so check for such a setting before installing the extension.
Like Peacock TV Extended, Peacock TV Skipper extension enables you to bypass intros and recaps automatically. You can also block ads and jump to the next episode.
The Peacock TV Skipper extension will save you time and energy as you have to click on buttons each time to select a new episode or watch long and boring commercials.
You’ll be one click away from playing your favorite show’s episodes in a row smoothly without moving from the couch.
All you need to do is install the extension on your browser, toggle to turn on skipping options, and then sign in to your Peacock TV account.
Adding Peacock TV Skipper extension is similar to that of Peacock TV Extended above.
Another workaround for skipping the annoying ads is using a web builder’s maneuver to bypass them.
If you watch Peacock TV on a web browser, you can speed up the video playback using the developer console.
- Press F12 on your browser to Launch the developer tools.
- Tap on the PC list in your developer tools.
- Search for the command to speed up video playback 5X and run it.
- Click Enter to perform the command that will speed up video playback to 5 times speed.
- Type another command to speed up video playback to 1X speed.
- Press Enter to execute the command, which will return playback to normal speed.
- Close your developer tools. You can reopen them on the next commercial break.
Note: When you execute this command once in your console, it becomes part of your console’s history.
If you press the Up arrow, it will bring up the previous commands you executed, and this persists even if you close the browser or restart the PC.
So, you won’t have to memorize or copy and paste the commands again for future streaming sessions on Peacock TV.
If you already upgraded your Peacock TV subscription to Premium Plus, but you still can’t fast forward through commercials, either your browser or the Peacock TV app might be frozen.
Don’t fret, though. Let’s check out how you’ll reload the Peacock TV web page.
Generally, the browser loads the webpage during a regular reload using the info in the browser cache.
If you’re watching Peacock TV through your computer’s browser, quickly reloading the page should restore normalcy.
The steps for refreshing your Peacock TV web page are pretty much the same no matter what browser you use (Firefox, Chrome or Edge):
- Click Reload on the browser.
- Press Ctrl and R key for Windows or Command and R key for macOS.
You can also take a step further and restart your browser. Close the browser, reopen it, then go to the Peacock TV web page, and you’ll have fixed the issue.
Upgrading to an ad-free Peacock is another way to bypass your issue.
Peacock Premium comes with ads, but you can choose to pay more monthly to eliminate those commercials.
If you want the ad-free experience, you’ll have to part with more dollars to subscribe to the Premium Plus Plan.
A premium Plus subscription is an excellent way of removing ads on your Peacock.
You can upgrade on your computer, smartphone, or any other streaming device like Roku without breaking a sweat.
Here’s how to do it:
- Sign in to your Peacock account.
- Click on the Account link.
- Select Plans and Payment.
- Select Upgrade to Premium.
- Navigate to Peacock Premium Plans on the next page.
- Select Start 7-Day Free Trial.
- Launch the Peacock app and sign in.
- Tap on the symbol in the upper-right corner to access your account.
- Select Upgrade to Peacock Premium Plus.
- Reconfirm your payment and subscription details and tap to approve.
- Launch the Peacock app on your streaming device.
- Sign in to your account if you aren’t automatically signed in. You can also open a new account.
- Click on the icon in the upper-right corner to access your account info.
- Select Peacock Premium Plus under the plan of the list.
- Enter your password to reconfirm your email and payment.
So, can you fast-forward through commercials on Peacock? We’ve already established that the only way to skip ads on Peacock is by upgrading to Premium Plus or adding the Peacock TV Extended or Peacock TV Skipper extensions on your browser.
I hope that now you’ve got a solution for “can you fast forward on Peacock”, and you can fix it once and for all and enjoy your favorite shows without anything intervening during the experience.
Kevin has over five years of experience working in various Tech startups and providing Technical solutions. He has contributed to many Tech publications and websites.