For at least once, you’ve come across thinking about the ways on how to bypass Straight Talk hotspot block. And, for some reason, you’re not able to get the answers you need online.
Well, this is the article you’ve been looking for all along. In this guide, we will give you the complete guide on how to bypass the hotspot block of Straight Talk.
We’ll cover the methods on how you can do it on both Android and iOS devices, so stay tuned!
You can overcome or bypass Straight Talk’s hotspot block by using various applications. These applications would hide and conceal the hotspot activity or the tethering you plan on doing.
Before we dive right in, is bypassing your carrier’s hotspot block for you? Why would people want to bypass hotspot blocks?
Almost all countries have service providers that block mobile hotspot data or tethering.
This is due to the fact that most carriers want to ensure that the mobile data is only used on the mobile device where it’s hooked up.
In order for them to guarantee this, they block the tethering capability or the mobile hotspot capability of devices.
We all have our reasons; it could be personal or it could be in relation to your work or your profession.
So, here are some of the reasons why you should bypass Straight Talk’s hotspot block.
- For you to have a backup connection in case your WiFi network malfunctions.
- So that you’ll have a reliable connection while traveling.
- It’s part of the plan or the package that you have under Straight Talk.
- You have an emergency and you’re not near a WiFi-enabled spot.
If you’re already feeling tired of searching how to bypass Straight Talk mobile hotspot block, worry no further because we got what you need!
Android is seen as a versatile system, and therefore, it’s easy for Android devices to do this.
In case you’re not aware of what rooting is, it’s the process of enabling you to have control of the Android subsystems.
So, when your device is already rooted, here’s what you have to do.
If your mobile is rooted, you can use the Magisk Module for tethering blocked hotspot.
To do so follow these steps:
- Download the Magisk Module by searching for Tethering Enabler.
- Once downloaded, go to Downloads > Tethering Enabler.
- Install the module by hitting on Install.
- Reboot the device when it tells you that the installation was successful.
That’s the first way of working around the tethering or the mobile hotspot block. Let’s go to the next process, which is by…
The next method involves using the Xposed module. The steps are mentioned below:
- Download the Xposed Module App.
- After the download, open the app and go to Downloads.
- Search for X Tether by searching tethering on the search bar.
- Wait for a few seconds to a minute and hit on Install when it shows up.
- Power cycle or reboot your device after successfully downloading the module.
On the contrary, if your Android phone is not rooted, you can use third-party apps to work around it.
Do note, though, that some of these may not work. That’s why the best way to go is to root your Android device so that you’ll be able to use tethering or mobile hotspot.
Here are some of the top apps you can use to bypass Straight Talk’s carrier hotspot block.
PDANet+ is one of the classics when it comes to enabling tethering and mobile hotspots. You can get it for free and download it to any Android device!
Apart from PDANet+, you can also use FoxFi. It’s one of the most sought-after apps to allow and enable mobile hotspots and tethering.
And last but not least is NetShare. Out of the three (3), NetShare is known to be the easiest and the best apps to use. It’s user-friendly, so you wouldn’t have to worry about technicality.
The best part about this is you can use it even on the device that you got from the carrier! It’s easy, simple, and you don’t really need to be an expert in the field to do it!
Unlike Android devices, though, bypassing hotspot blocks on iPhones and other iOS devices isn’t as easy.
Moreover, it’s only possible by using a third-party application in the process.
Without further ado, here’s how to bypass the Straight Talk hotspot block on an iOS device!
TetherMe is a third-party application that’s used to bypass mobile hotspot and tethering blocks established by service providers.
The process is easy, you just need to download TetherMe for iOS. You won’t be able to see it on the App Store, so, here’s how you can download it.
- Go to Settings > Security on your iPhone.
- From there, navigate to Unknown Sources.
- Hit on OK > Trust.
- Search for TetherMe on Safari and click on a link that’s safe.
- Download and install TetherMe to your device.
NOTE: As opposed to what a lot of people believed in, you need not change anything on your device to make it work.
You simply have to download and install, and you just have to use it!
This method is more of an advanced way of hiding tethering or mobile hotspot. Therefore, if you’re not accustomed to Access Point Names (APNs), it’s better to contact an expert or a professional about it.
Otherwise, here’s the process of how you can change the APN settings of your iPhone to get rid of Straight Talk’s hotspot block.
- Access the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Go to Cellular > Cellular Data Options.
- Choose Cellular Network > Edit.
- From there, you’ll be able to change up the APN field to internet.wind.
- Leave both the Username and the Password fields empty.
And that’s just about it! You’ll be able to activate tethering or mobile hotspot on your Straight Talk device!
You don’t need to be an expert to accomplish this! Most importantly, you won’t be a criminal if you do it!
So, the next time that you need to know how you can bypass Straight Talk’s hotspot block on either your iOS or your Android device, this guide will be all you need.
Kevin has over five years of experience working in various Tech startups and providing Technical solutions. He has contributed to many Tech publications and websites.