Do you have a problem with your Brother Printer Data Remaining in Memory?
When your computer sends incorrect or incomplete data to your machine, the error occurs. The print data is left in your device, canceling the print job.
If your Brother Printer displays the data remaining error, press Stop or Exit. The machine will cancel the print job and clear the data from memory. Once done, try printing again and see if this fixes the issue.
All Brother Printer machines have sufficient memory for everyday home and office use.
If you are printing more complex documents, your printer may need additional memory to work seamlessly.
When you encounter the Data Remaining error with your Brother Printer, the three most likely culprits are your network connection, incomplete or incorrect print data, and too many print jobs in the queue.
Once you find what’s causing the error, you can apply the appropriate solution to fix it.
The most common reason your Brother Printer displays the Data Remaining error is an unstable network connection.
You may have lost the connection between your Brother Printer and computer, which occurs due to wrong configurations on the printer driver. Fortunately, there are many ways to troubleshoot this.
If the reason why your Brother printer displays the Data Remaining error is incorrect or incomplete data, you may need to cancel the print job and clear the cache on your machine.
Press and hold the Stop/Exit button for 5 seconds to cancel printing.
If the issue persists, unplug the printer from the AC power outlet for 30 seconds before plugging it back in.
If your print job gets stuck in a queue, your Brother printer will also display the error message Data Remaining.
When this happens, cancel all print jobs and try reprinting. If you are using Windows, open the print folder, then double-click the printer icon.
Select Printer > Cancel All Documents > Yes. For Mac, click Open Print Queue. Highlight the job you want to cancel, and then click Delete.
If your Brother Printer displays the Data Remaining in Memory error, check the warranty status of your machine.
If under warranty, contact Brother Customer Support or locate the nearest Brother Authorized Service Center for a replacement. If not, try the following solutions before opting for a repair.
If you see the Data Remaining error on your machine, manually cancel the print job by pressing and holding STOP/EXIT for 5 seconds.
- If your printer has a USB cable or Ethernet connection, go to solution #2.
- If your printer is not connected to your computer that way, go to solution #4.
Note: This is the best solution if the reason for the error is incomplete or incorrect data sent from your computer to the printer.
Since network connection is one of the culprits of the Data Remaining error, make sure you correctly inserted both ends of the USB cable into your computer and printer.
Disconnect the USB cable or Ethernet connection from your Brother Printer.
- Using both hands, lift the scanner cover.
- Disconnect the USB cable or Ethernet connection from the port.
- Lift the flatbed scanner cover in order to release the latch.
- Push the scanner cover support down.
- Close the scanner cover.
Reconnect the USB cable or Ethernet connection:
- Using both hands, lift the scanner cover.
- Guide the USB cable or Ethernet connection through the channel and out the back.
- Remove it from the machine.
- Release the lock, then close the cover.
Note: Make sure to cancel all print jobs and remove the power cord from the outlet before reconnecting the USB cable or Ethernet connection to your Brother Printer.
If you encounter the error, it means your computer’s operating system may have become unstable. If so, restart your computer and your Brother Printer.
How to power cycle your Brother Printer:
- Unplug the power cord for 30 seconds.
- Press and hold ON/OFF.
- Insert the power cord back into the printer.
- Do not let go of the ON/OFF button until the device powers up.
Note: If power cycling your machine does not work, try canceling all print jobs from your computer. Then, try printing again.
The fourth step to fixing the Data Remaining in Memory brother printer issue is to cancel the print job.
You can do this from the Control Panel by pressing the GO button for 4 seconds or until the LED lights flash. Then, release the GO button. You will see the Ready and Error LED lights flash, signifying that the print job is being canceled.
You can also manually cancel the print job from your computer.
If you are using Windows:
- Open the Printers Folder.
- Open the Print Queue.
- To cancel a single print job, highlight the specific job and click Document > Cancel.
- To cancel all print jobs, click Printer > Cancel All Documents.
- Click YES to complete the process.
If you have a Macintosh:
- Double-click the printer icon on your desktop.
- A window will appear showing all print jobs in the queue.
- Select the name of the job you want to cancel.
- Click the pause icon.
- Tap the trash icon.
Note: You may need to make many attempts to clear your print queue completely. If the print jobs remain after manually canceling them, restart your computer.
If the solutions mentioned above do not work, reset your Brother Printer to factory settings in these four easy steps:
- Press the Menu option.
- Type the model code of your Brother machine.
- Press the UP arrow key until you highlight the Reset on the menu.
- Wait for your device to reset.
- Press the STOP/EXIT key.
You can also use Factory Reset to restore all settings to their default. Use Up or Down arrow keys.
- Select Initial Setup, and then press OK.
- Select Reset, and then press OK.
- Choose Factory Reset, and tap OK.
- Tap the UP arrow key to select Reset.
- Tap the UP arrow key to restart the machine.
Note: Make sure to unplug all the cables before performing a Factory Reset.
When you see the Data Remaining in Memory error, manually cancel the print job by pressing and holding the STOP/EXIT button for 5 seconds. If canceling the print job does not fix the problem, you can try withdrawing all print jobs from your computer and power cycle your Brother Printer.
If your machine displays a Brother Printer Data Remaining in Memory error, you will find the causes of the issue in this post as well as the possible solutions to fix it.
If you have tried all solutions in this article, but the issue persists, contact Brother Customer Support or locate the nearest Brother Authorized Service Center for additional assistance.
Explore our blog if you think this post is useful but have another issue with your Brother Printer setup. You will find the answers you need there.