Brother HL-l3270CDW no toner error appeared without a proper reason. Keep reading!
Sometimes the “No Toner” error can appear on a Brother Printer even if the toner is there and recently replaced.
However, the installation process is really important where quite a lot of things can go wrong.
In this guide, we’re going to find out where the error comes from!
When Brother HL-I3270CDW “No Toner” error appears, users need to reboot the Brother Printer, and clean and reinstall The Cartridge Toner as well as the Drum Assembly. In case that doesn’t help, the most powerful method is to reset the Brother Printer!
Let’s next explore the reasons why the “No Toner” message appears on Brother Printers!
1. Toner Not Installed Properly
It’s important how The Cartridge Toner is installed in the Drum Assembly after each Brother Printer maintenance.
The Cartridge Toner gently slides in the Drum Base without any pressure and to be taken out, the green locker on the left side has to be pressed down!
2. Drum Unit Not Installed Correctly
The next possibility is that the Drum Unit is not installed correctly into the Brother Machine, which often leads to a “No Toner” message, hence, the component is not recognized.
3. Toner Cartridge Is Not Clean!
Users need to clean The Cartridge Toner every now and then to keep their Brother Printer functional, especially when there is a “No Toner” message on the screen.
4. Brother Printer Software Issue
In some rare cases, the “No Toner” error could be produced by an internal software glitch, where the solution is simple.
Users can either reboot the printer and if that doesn’t help perform a reset, which is enough to prevent any OS-related problems from delivering errors!
5. Toner Cartridge Empty (Need Replacement)
As the error suggests, sometimes when The Cartridge Toner is empty, the Brother Printer will simply say “No Toner”.
In such cases, troubleshooting won’t help. Only a replacement will.
Let’s next learn how to solve the problem in minutes!
The solution to a “No Toner” error on Brother Printer HL-I3270CDW is a well-known problem and luckily there are quite a few different methods that users can apply to solve the problem.
All of these top methods are listed in the below fix guide so let’s jump right in!
One of the main reasons for the toner not to be detected by the machine is when the installation is not done correctly, which is a more common mistake than new users often do.
The very first step to removing the “No Toner” error on a Brother HL-I3270CDW Printer is to take out the Drum Assembly as well as the Toner and re-install the components the correct way.
Here’s how to reinstall the Drum Assembly and Brother Printer Toner:
- Turn OFF the Brother Printer.
- Open the Front Cover.
- Pull out the Drum Assembly.
- Press the green lock on the left side.
- Take out The Cartridge Toner from the Drum Assembly.
- Re-insert the components back into place.
Now when The Cartridge Toner and Drum Assembly have been re-inserted, turn on the Brother Printer machine and watch the display for the “No Toner” error.
In case the problem is persistent, we’ll need to check what else with the toner might have gone wrong!
The next step is to attempt one of the most popular methods against any error codes on a Brother Printer.
In this solution, we’re going to perform a hard reset or also known as a “power cycle” which will restart ALL services, and the printer might recognize the toner this time!
Here’s how to perform a power cycle on your Brother Printer in easy steps:
- Turn OFF the Brother Printer.
- Disconnect the Power Adapter from the wall outlet.
- Wait for at least 3 minutes for the device to discharge.
- Plug back the power adapter into the Power Source.
- Turn ON the Brother Printer and test.
In some cases, this is everything that the machine needs to start working normally, but sometimes the problem persists. In case the “No Toner” message is still there, proceed further!
Tip: Keeping the Brother Printer unplugged for longer, discharges the device better!
When The Cartridge Toner is not empty and installed correctly, but the Brother Machine still stays “No Toner” we need to clean the components.
This cleaning method should be done at least once a month, regardless of whether any errors appear or not.
Let’s learn more!
Here’s how to clean The Cartridge Toner when it’s not recognized by the Brother Printer:
- Turn OFF the Brother Printer.
- Open the Front Cover by pressing!
- Remove the Drum Assembly and Toner.
- With a dry cloth, wipe to remove any excess toner.
- Locate the Laser Window on the ceiling.
- Gently wipe-clean the Laser Window.
- Wipe the surface of the Drum Cylinder.
- Spin the white gear to rotate the drug and wipe it across the entire surface.
- Keep the red roller away from sunlight.
- Clean the Corona Wire by gently sliding the Blue Tab.
- Reinstall The Cartridge Toner inside the Drum Assembly.
- Install the components back into the Brother Machine.
- Turn ON the Printer and test.
Now that we’ve thoroughly cleaned The Cartridge Toner and most of the components that can prevent the machine from recognizing the Toner, we’re ready to perform a test.
Simply turn ON the Brother Printer and check whether the “No Toner” error will now appear.
Notice: Do not use alcohol to clean the Laser Window of the Brother Printer!
The next step is to perform a reset on the toner and attempt to solve the problem with the Brother Printer.
To do so we’re going to need the printer turned ON so we won’t have to turn OFF the device!
Here’s how to manually perform a Toner Reset on a Brother Printer:
- Turn ON your Brother Printer Machine!
- Press to open the Front Cover, then leave it open!
- Press Cancel & Return buttons simultaneously!
- Hold both buttons for at least 2 seconds.
- Release both buttons and tap on the Return button once again.
- This will trigger the Manual Toner Reset.
- Using the Arrow select the Color & Toner for the reset.
- Select the “M.TNR-HC” option in the Menu.
- Tap on Yes to confirm your selection.
- You should see “Toner Counter Reset Accepted”.
It’s recommended to restart our Brother Printer after the manual Toner Cartridge reset which is something that you should not skip.
When you’re ready you can turn ON the Brother Machine and watch out on the screen for the “No Toner” message. In case it’s gone, congratulations!
When the problem is persistent we need to take drastic measures so let’s proceed further!
When nothing helps and the “No Toner” message continues to appear, preventing us from performing any tasks on our Brother Printer, it’s time for the most powerful method.
Users can reset the Brother Printer by pressing the Power Button 7 consecutive times!
The machine has to be working at the time of the reset and the operation can take up to a few minutes.
The downside of this quick reset is that the printer will be disconnected from the WiFi and any printing settings saved on a computer device will be gone after the reset.
When the reset is over, users can restart the Brother Printer for one last time and test.
Hence, to solve the “No Toner” error on a Brother Printer users have to clean the Cartridge Toner and install the Drum Assembly the correct way into the machine. We’ve also learned that when nothing helps, Factory Resetting the Brother printer is always at hand.
Now that we know why Brother HL-l3270CDW no toner error appears and how to solve the problem in a matter of minutes we can perform our daily tasks in peace.
We hope that this guide was helpful and for related content check our tech blog and discover the solution you need.
When The Cartridge Toner is empty the “No Toner” error will not disappear!
We strongly recommend getting a Replacement Toner Cartridge for Brother HL-L3270CDW, and be confident that the error would disappear in a blink of an eye! Good Luck.
Kevin has over five years of experience working in various Tech startups and providing Technical solutions. He has contributed to many Tech publications and websites.