The “Bell Satellite Guide no info available” keeps occurring? We have the fix!
The information within any TV Guide is usually uploaded live or is a pre-scheduled update that your receiver gets overnight.
Either way, if that information gets intercepted for some reason and doesn’t reach your receiver, no info will be available within the Bell Satellite TV Guide.
To fix when Bell Satellite Guide has no info, refresh the guide and then resynchronize the programs of your channel guide. Next, Hard Reset your receiver and update the software of the device.
To review the problem’s causes in more depth, keep reading!
Before we proceed with the guide, it’s first recommended to review what could possibly cause this fault on your Bell Satellite.
There are multiple things that have a direct relation with the info within your guide and being informed of them will let you in on the problem.
Let’s have a look at what could be causing the guide problem on your Bell Satellite:
- There’s an issue with the Guide Info on your Bell Satellite Receiver
- Your Receiver is running an Outdated Software Version
- Your Channels are not synchronized and the guide info can’t be updated
- There’s a problem with the Satellite Cable of your Bell Receiver
- This is a Software Fault with the Bell Satellite
This is what mainly causes problems with the guide of your Bell Receiver and could indicate the fault you’re looking for.
Let’s next dig into the troubleshooting and solve the issue in minutes!
After reviewing what could potentially go wrong with your Bell Satellite, we’re confident to say that fixing this problem won’t be any difficulty.
As long as you’re following our solutions strictly and you’re paying attention to all notes, tips, and alerts, that’ll be an easy task.
Important: If there are extreme weather conditions currently outside, chances are that your signal is temporarily cut off.
Make sure to first wait out the bad weather and then proceed with our guide any further.
After getting that clarified, let’s jump into it!
The first thing we’ll be doing is quite simple and it will practically refresh the information within your Bell Satellite TV Guide.
It’s a quick and easy solution to any missing information within the guide, unavailable information, or simply whenever the guide doesn’t allow you to access it.
Follow these instructions to refresh the guide of your Bell Satellite TV:
- Turn on your Bell Receiver.
- Make sure that the device is running and the power indicator is in Green Color.
- Locate the Power Button on the front panel of the device.
- Press and hold the power button for 5-8 Seconds.
- Wait for the green light to go OFF.
- You should see an Attention screen 015 on your associated TV.
- Follow the instructions to refresh the satellite guide.
NOTICE: For Bell models 1000, 2700, 3700, 3500, 4500, and 4700 the “Attention Screen 015” can be brought by removing the smart card.
Due to their different software functions, the screen may be looking different than what the regular Satellite Guide Refresh prompt is like.
If refreshing the Bell Satellite Guide didn’t help, then perhaps your programming is not synchronized.
This can easily be done through the settings and what this process does is perform a checkup and determine what channels you have and what is missing.
This also applies to the guide. If you’re missing any information within the guide, the “Programming Synchronize” will add the missing information regarding your channels.
How to Synchronize Programming:
- Launch the MyBell App.
- Make sure you’re Logged In.
- Select the TV Service you wish to manage (your Bell Receiver).
- Scroll down to More Options.
- Select “Synchronize Your Channels” from the options list.
Make sure you’re not interacting either with your phone or the selected Bell Receiver, since this could cancel the process.
Alert: Your mobile device must be connected to the internet in order to trigger synchronization!
Perhaps, your Bell Receiver has simply run into a problem and all it needs is a restart.
However, we’ll be performing a rather advanced restart, than the regular “press the power button” reboot.
We’ll be discharging the hardware of your Bell Receiver and by this, both the hardware and software of the device will be refreshed.
Here’s how to hard reset your Bell:
- Press the Power Button to shut down the device.
- Once the receiver has powered down, unplug the power adapter.
- Wait for 5 Minutes while your Bell Receiver is shut off.
- Reconnect the power cable of the device to the source.
- Turn on the device.
- Check if the issue is still there.
Keep in mind that the longer you’ve kept your receiver unplugged, the better it will discharge its hardware. That’s why it is of crucial importance to be patient for the full 5 minutes.
Note: Try to notice any damage inflicted on the power cable. This could give away an issue.
If the Bell Satellite Guide no info available error persists, chances are that your receiver has lost its connection to the satellite.
What you should do during this solution is reconnected the Satellite Cable that is going into your Bell Receiver.
If the cable has been connected improperly, you’ll be constantly experiencing signal outages on your receiver and the guide info will also be lost.
- Recognize the satellite cable in your receiver’s hardware and Reconnect It
Make sure that you’ve also kept the satellite adapter unplugged for at least 60 seconds, to refresh the signal in your Bell Receiver.
Once a little time has elapsed, re-attach the satellite cable and test the TV guide of your receiver.
Note: The satellite cable usually goes into the “SAT IN” port on your Bell Receiver.
Next, we’ll be performing a Software Update on your Bell satellite receiver!
If your receiver’s software is outdated, chances are that guide updates stopped coming to the device.
This is common practice throughout the carriers and suppliers, Bell included.
Once a device doesn’t receive most of its latest updates, it is considered “Out of Support”.
Here’s how to update your Bell Receiver in easy steps:
- From the main menu of your receiver, head to Settings.
- Press the “System” tab and scroll down.
- Head to the “Device Section”.
- Press “Check for Update”.
- Choose “Device Preferences” and the system will perform another checkup.
- Head to the “About” tab.
- Press “System Update”.
Note: The “System Update” button will only be available if there’s a pending update.
If nothing worked so far, we strongly suggest performing a “Factory Reset” on your Bell Satellite Receiver.
By far, this is our last remaining way to resolve the issue with the Satellite Guide and get the info in there updated.
If that doesn’t help either, you’ll have to get in touch with Bell for more assistance regarding the problem.
They’ll be able to familiarize you with additional troubleshooting tips and approaches!
Here’s how to perform a Factory Reset on your Bell Receiver:
- On your Bell remote control, press the MENU button.
- Navigate to System Setup.
- Press Factory Defaults.
- A pop-up message will appear on the interface of your Bell Receiver.
- Press the “Yes” Button in order to confirm the factory reset.
Once the factory reset has been confirmed, it will take your Bell Receiver around 3-5 minutes in order to complete the process.
Once the device is reset, you’ll be back on the setup screen where you’ll be able to establish the system settings of the device.
Alert: Resetting your receiver will erase all settings and recordings stored on the device.
If you’re still looking for assistance regarding the guide problem on your Bell Satellite Receiver, consider contacting Bell’s Customer Support.
They’ll be able to provide you with more information regarding the issue and show you more troubleshooting methods!
Thus, to fix when Bell Satellite Guide no info available, refresh the guide and synchronize your channels again to update the info in the guide. Next, reconnect the satellite cable from the receiver and update the firmware of the receiver. Finally, reset the Bell device.
Read Next: Bell PVR Not Working After Power Outage?