The Acorn TV stream limit exceeded message can be very annoying when you’re trying to kick back and catch up on all your movies and TV shows.
Don’t fret. Let’s learn what causes this issue and how to resolve it quickly.
The Acorn TV “stream limit exceeded” could occur if other people use your account or if you log in to more than four devices. You can quickly fix this problem by signing out of some devices, changing your password, and securing your account.
Now that we know what causes the “stream limit exceeded” error message and the troubleshooting techniques for this problem, let’s get into the details of fixing this issue and preventing it.
Causes of Acorn TV Stream Limit Exceeded Message?
Like any other video streaming service, Acorn TV could encounter minor issues from time to time.
Here are some of the reasons the stream limit exceeded error could occur:
- Your Acorn TV account is in use on another device.
- Too many people are using your account, and you got locked out.
- Your Acorn TV account is in use on too many devices.
There are a couple of solutions for Acorn TV “stream limit exceeded.” Here are some of the best troubleshooting tips for this nuisance:
If you have stream limit exceeded troubles, you should try logging out of your Acorn TV account and then logging back in after a while.
Here’s how to sign out of the Acorn TV account:
- Click Log Out at the top right side of the screen.
- Confirm that you want to log out.
- Wait for around 10 minutes.
You can then log back into your account by following these simple steps:
- Click Log In at the top right corner of the page.
- Enter your username and password.
- Confirm submission and click to log into your account.
If you’re skeptical about logging out because you forgot your password, don’t worry. If you subscribed for Acorn TV via the Amazon Firestick, you could request a confirmation email with the password from Acorn TV.
The password allows you to log in to various devices, including Apple TV, iPhone, Roku, iPad, and the Acorn website.
If the issue still bothers you even after signing in and out of your account, you could cancel and then renew your subscription with new details that only you know.
However, your cancellation method will depend on the platform you signed up for Acorn TV on, either through the Acorn TV website or Amazon Prime.
Here are the steps for canceling your subscription for both platforms:
You can cancel your Acorn TV subscription from any search engine in just a few clicks:
- Select a browser, navigate to the Acorn TV website, and sign into your account.
- On the upper right side of the page, tap on My Acorn TV and click on Manage Account in the drop-down menu.
- Click on Cancel Membership on the navigation panel.
- Go to the My Account page to nullify your subscription.
- Confirm your choice by clicking on Cancel Acorn TV.
- Access Amazon in any search engine and log into your account.
- Navigate to Accounts & Lists and select Membership and Subscriptions.
- Locate Acorn TV in your list of subscriptions.
- Click on Manage Subscriptions, and under Advanced controls, select Video Settings.
- A page will appear where you’ll scroll down to Your Channels.
- Find Acorn TV, and select Cancel Channel.
- On the new Acorn TV page, pick the option to cancel your account and get a refund for the current month.
Once you’ve canceled your subscription, you can wait for a few hours before you renew your subscription with new details.
You can renew your subscription using the previous process you used to get the canceled Acorn TV account.
You can eliminate the Acorn TV “stream limit exceeded” issue by carefully managing your account membership details.
Here’s how to do it:
- Log in to the Acorn TV website on your phone or computer.
- Select My Acorn TV on the top right of the website.
- Select Manage Account in the menu.
Once you're in the Manage Account tab, you can review your account status and find out all devices logged into your account or any other person accessing your account.
Suppose you signed up for Acorn TV via a third-party platform like Amazon Prime, Roku, Google Play, Xfinity, or iTunes.
In that case, you will have to manage your account details through your respective provider’s dedicated platform.
Here are some of the top recommendations for keeping your Acorn TV account details safe:
Your Acorn TV password shouldn’t be the same one you use for other websites. Your password should be:
- At least eight characters long
- A combination of numbers, symbols, and letters (both upper and lower case)
- Not simple to guess, such as 12345678, or use personal info like birthday or name.
Tip: You could use a password manager to keep track of your passwords easily.
You could update your Acorn TV password from your Account page or reset it by requesting a password reset email if you forgot it.
Acorn TV takes fraud reports very seriously. Get in touch if you notice suspicious, unrecognized, and unauthorized activity on your account.
Make sure you sign out of any additional devices that you used to access your Acorn TV account. If you no longer possess the device, you can sign it out from your Account page.
Phishing is the attempt of someone trying to get your personal information by pretending to represent a website you trust.
Phishers can do the unimaginable to take over your Acorn TV account or steal your details.
They could even imitate Acorn TV and send you a text message or email asking for your personal information.
If you share your Acorn TV account with others, they may use it at the same time you’re also trying to watch, and you won’t have access to your account.
To solve this issue, ensure that no one uses your Acorn TV account when you want to watch.
Scan your Viewing Activity for any unfamiliar device streaming using your account. If you find an unrecognized device, stop it from using your account.
Note: Acorn TV only allows four devices to stream at a time.
You can get rid of the Acorn TV “stream limit exceeded” issue by changing your password to lock out anyone using your account without your consent.
Here are the steps for changing your password:
- Select Forgot Password from the login screen.
- Enter your email address and click Send Email.
- Open the Reset Password email in your inbox and select Change My Password.
- Enter your new password and tap Change Password.
- Follow the prompts to finalize those changes.
The Acorn TV exceeded stream limit error could occur due to too many devices using your Acorn TV account. The solutions include stopping sharing your account details and signing out of devices after use.
Read Next: PS5 Not Connecting to Hotel WiFi?
I hope that now you’ve got an idea of why the Acorn TV “stream limit exceeded” message appears on your screen, and I trust that now you can quickly fix this problem using the troubleshooting tips we’ve reviewed.
If you’ve tried everything, but the problem persists, contact Acorn TV customer support for more technical help.
Kevin has over five years of experience working in various Tech startups and providing Technical solutions. He has contributed to many Tech publications and websites.