Getting the “Xfinity code XRE-03059”? There are multiple ways to address this periodic error code appearing on your Xfinity screen and we’ll learn all of them by the end of this guide!
The “XRE-03059” error code on Xfinity is typically fixed by itself, after about an hour.
If that didn’t work, check if your TV box is being delivered and identify if there are local Xfinity outages, enveloping your area of residence.
Stay with us to learn more about this problem!
Everything About XRE-03059 Xfinity Error!
The Xfinity XRE-03059 error code is commonly an impermanent signal or interference issue, outside of the user’s home.
When the error is not in the user’ setup and not caused by the user himself, the error code takes about 1 hour to go away or be addressed by an Xfinity agent.
Here are the most common causes of XRE-03050 errors on the user’s end:
- A power issue with the cable box
- Incorrect TV input source selected
- Improper coaxial cable connection
- Service Outages/disruptions in your area
- Fault with the cable configuration
- Outdated TV box firmware version
- Power or hardware TV box issues
8 Ways to Fix Xfinity Error Code XRE-03059?
Tip: Follow our steps chronologically!
1. Wait Out Local Xfinity Outages
We’ve already ironed out the misunderstandings about the XRE-03059 error and we’ve also learned that it is primarily caused by Xfinity outages/maintenance.
Your most forward step is to use Xfinity’s outage locator to determine if your area of residence is impacted.
Follow these simple instructions to check if there’s an Xfinity outage:
- Through a browser, navigate to xfinity.com
- Press on the “Sign In” button at the most-right.
- Select “Xfinity ID & Password” from the list.
- Sign into your account using your credentials.
- Navigate to Xfinity’s Status Center.
- Type in your area of residence.
- Press on “Check for Outages”.
Info: You’ll be provided with a full table of information for outages reported in the last 24 hours in all of Xfinity’s residents of service.
View the statistics for your own personal location.
2. Switch the Broadcast
The “XRE-03059” error code may be occurring due to technical difficulties with the stream you’re trying to watch!
In that sense, you should switch the broadcast multiple times, to determine if you would get the same error, by watching an alternative stream.
- Use the Xfinity remote’s “C++/-” buttons to switch the broadcast
XRE-03059 Error Code With On-Demand Streaming?
If you’re receiving the same type of error code when streaming on-demand, verify that your box is connected to the WiFi.
The most common cause for any type of Xfinity error code is directly related to the internet connection of your TV box.
Tip: Ensure that your network device’s “Internet” lamp is on.
3. Hard Reset the Cable Box!
We’ll start with a simple hard reset on your cable box. If your Xfinity equipment has intercepted a temporary problem, this is the best way to develop countermeasures against it.
The hard reset will also clear the temporal cache of the TV box as well as discharge the device completely!
Here’s how to perform a hard reset on your Xfinity TV box:
- Shut down the Xfinity cable box, using the remote.
- Wait for the Xfinity TV box to completely power down.
- Unplug the power adapter out of the TV box device.
- Wait for about 4-5 minutes, while the box is unplugged.
- Reconnect the A/C power cord, into the Xfinity TV box.
Notice: In order to achieve a proper discharge of the Xfinity cable box’s hardware, 4 to 5 minutes is the least you should wait.
Plugging the box back in straight away won’t do anything!
4. Reconnect the Service Cable!
The service cable (coaxial cable) is the wire that allows your Xfinity TV box to access and display the content you’re seeing.
If there’s a fault with the cable, the XRE-03059 code may occur as an indication that something has gone wrong with the service!
- The coaxial cable of your TV box goes into the “cable in” on the back
Here’s how to reconnect your Xfinity box’ coaxial cable:
- Locate the Xfinity cable on the back of the TV box.
- Screw the cable out of the slot and disconnect it.
- Wait for about 60 seconds, while the cable is unplugged.
- Connect the coax back into the “cable in” port on the box.
- Test the Xfinity service on your streaming appliance.
No Coaxial Cable In your Setup? (Xfinity X1)
If you’re a member of the Xfinity X1, then you’ll be able to use your home network to provide service for your cable box.
All you have to do is connect the box to your all-in-one Xfinity gateway, using an Ethernet cable. Ensure that the Ethernet cable is connected securely.
You can find the Ethernet port here:
Info: In order to refresh the incoming signal of your Xfinity cable box, keep the coaxial cable unplugged for at least 60 seconds!
5. Check your Xfinity Account Status
If you have pending or unpaid fees towards Xfinity, your cable box service may get temporarily suspended.
You will not be able to stream Xfinity content through associated devices (the TV box) or access any of the on-demand content the Xfinity platform has to offer.
- The status of your Xfinity account is based on the activity of the associated email
Here’s how to check the email status of your Xfinity account:
- Navigate to xfinity.com through a browser.
- Sign into your account, using your username/password.
- Enter the “Services” tab, from the Xfinity home page.
- Scroll down and choose “Additional Features”.
- Inspect the status of your account.
Your account may be in three possible states:
- The Xfinity account is active and there are no applied restrictions!
- The associated email with Xfinity hasn’t been set up yet. The account is functional.
- You haven’t entered the email associated with Xfinity in the past 12 months.
Alert: If your Xfinity account goes to “Inactive”, you’ll have to enter the email that you’ve registered with the account to reactivate it!
6. Reboot your Network Modem
If you’re a subscriber of the Xfinity X1 service, then your network gateway is responsible for delivering the service to your cable box.
If there’s an internet fault, your TV service will also be interrupted and the reflection of this will be the XRE-03059 error code.
Follow these simple steps to reboot your Xfinity network modem:
- Press the power button on the Xfinity network modem.
- Wait for about 10 seconds until the modem shuts down.
- Disconnect the power cable of the Xfinity modem.
- Wait for another complete 5 minutes, while it’s discharging.
- Re-attach the A/C power cable back into the network modem.
Notice: Rebooting your network modem will temporarily shut down your home internet service.
Once the “Connection” LED on the network modem blinks in green, the service is restored.
7. Use Xfinity Troubleshooter To Diagnose the Issue!
You can identify the issue by yourself, simply by accessing and starting the Xfinity Troubleshooter, available in your account.
Since all of your equipment is visible in the webpage of Xfinity, the troubleshooter will look for errors in your setup and tell you what’s wrong!
Here’s how to use Xfinity’s troubleshooter:
- Get the Xfinity mobile application (available for iOS and Android).
- Launch the application and sign into your profile.
- Enter the “Connect” tab from the home menu.
- Select the device you’re having issues with.
- Scroll down and choose “Troubleshoot Device”.
- Follow the prompts to complete the setup.
Info: Once the troubleshooter is complete, the results will contain the state of your setup and what is wrong.
For example, the troubleshooter can detect improperly connected cables!
8. Factory Reset the Xfinity TV Box!
Moving on to the last step, we would recommend performing a factory reset on your Xfinity TV box.
If the Xfinity code XRE-03059 doesn’t seem to go away by now, the problem may be related to a heavier technical/software difficulty with your equipment.
- Resetting your Xfinity box to factory defaults will erase all of the content on it!
How to Factory Reset “Xfinity X1” Cable Box?
- Hold the “Exit” button on your remote control.
- Wait for the reset menu to appear on the screen.
- Choose “Factory Reset” from the on-screen options.
- Press “OK” in order to initiate the factory reset.
How to Factory Reset “Xfinity Flex” Cable Box?
- Locate the “Reset” button on the back of the box.
- Hold the button for about 5-10 seconds.
- Wait for the Xfinity box to start blinking.
- Let go of the “reset” button on the box.
Alert: The factory reset will take up to 3-4 minutes, based on the performance of the TV box!
Hence, we’ve learned that to fix the Xfinity code XRE-03059, it’s mandatory to power cycle your Xfinity TV box and check your account status.
If that didn’t work, then you should factory reset the cable box and run the Xfinity web troubleshooter!
Read Next: How to Fix Xfinity RDK 03013 Error?
Kevin has over five years of experience working in various Tech startups and providing Technical solutions. He has contributed to many Tech publications and websites.