Will Peloton move my Treadmill? You might be wondering if this is possible.
Whether you want to move it to a different location in your home or a different address, your Peloton equipment is not exactly lightweight.
There’s also the touchscreen that’s sensitive to damage.
Peloton offers a disassembling and reassembling service, allowing you to move your treadmill with their help. However, this service does not include packing and moving your treadmill to your new address.
It’s time to get to the bottom of this!
Will Peloton Move My Treadmill – Know All the Details
Before we dive into the details of moving your treadmill, let’s first understand what Peloton offers.
From here, we’ll be able to determine if it’s helpful enough, especially if we’re expected to pay for their service.
Top Reasons for Moving Your Treadmill
There are several reasons why you would decide to move your treadmill.
However, since it’s bulky, disassembling and moving can be a hassle.
It depends on your situation, but here are some of the top reasons why you want to move your equipment:
- Change your home gym layout by rearranging your equipment
- Improve your workout experience by moving your treadmill to a better spot
- Reduce the noise and vibration by moving it away from a wall or put a mat under it
- Relocate to a new home and want to bring your treadmill with you
Peloton’s Policy on Moving Treadmills
Peloton’s policy in moving treadmills is not as clear cut, but they say on their website that they offer disassembly and assembly services.
That’s it. Apart from that, they did not mention moving it to your new location.
According to their website, here are some considerations you need to take before moving your treadmill:
- Make sure your new space is able to accommodate your equipment.
- Set the incline to 2% or higher to raise your treadmill.
- Power down and unplug your treadmill before you disassemble it.
Note: If you’re only moving your treadmill to a different room in your home, consider calling a Peloton Service Technician to help you.
Decoding Peloton’s Rules
Peloton’s rules and policies on moving treadmills are designed to protect the company and customers from liability or loss.
However, as we mentioned, they’re not as clear-cut, so there’s some wiggle room.
If you read their policy on moving equipment, here’s what we can understand:
- As long as you follow Peloton’s guidelines and recommendations, you’ll be able to move your equipment without voiding your warranty.
- If you move your treadmill and something goes wrong, like a broken touchscreen or malfunctioning belt, the warranty will not cover you.
- You’re not allowed to disassemble or reassemble your Peloton treadmill without voiding your warranty.
- For a fee, Peloton offers a disassembling and reassembling service for their Peloton Tread and Tread+ products.
Tip: Peloton does not offer a moving service, so you will have to find a third-party provider to help you get your treadmill from your old location to your new address.
DIY vs. Peloton Services
Right now, you have a few options for moving your treadmill: a do-it-yourself or Peloton moving service, a limited solution.
Considering that you keep your warranty coverage when you opt for Peloton’s option, it’s something that’s not easy to overlook.
Let’s compare these two so you have a better idea of which one to opt for:
|More risk of damage
|Less flexible scheduling
|More flexible scheduling
Overall, Peloton’s moving service offers better convenience and more flexible scheduling than doing it yourself.
However, it’s also more expensive, and if you’re on a tight budget, it’s something that you need to consider greatly.
Wrap-up: If you don’t mind putting in the extra effort, DIY moving is the way for you. However, if you want a more convenient and one that gives you less stress, get Peloton’s moving service.
Peloton’s Charge for Moving Your Treadmill
Peloton offers a limited moving service for their customers, and we need to understand this to ensure everything is clear.
They do charge for their services, but there are limitations to what they can offer.
Peloton does not offer a comprehensive moving service for treadmills. It means they will disassemble and reassemble your equipment but not move it to your new address.
However, if you’re only moving your treadmill to a different room in your home, they can help you.
Here’s a list of fees to expect when moving your treadmill through Peloton’s service:
- Disassembly fee: $175
- Reassembly fee: $175
- Within-home move fee: $250
Note: These are base fees, so if you need to move your treadmill to a different floor and require specialized equipment, expect additional charges.
Moving Your Treadmill
Can you move a Peloton treadmill? Now that we have established that it’s possible let’s look at how to achieve this feat.
Remember that it’s large and bulky and comes with sensitive components like the touchscreen.
So, you must be extra careful whether you hire a Peloton crew.
You do have two options here, so let’s check out the difference between them:
The main difference here will be preparing for the move if you opt to get Peloton’s service.
They’re going to take care of most of the work. However, you’ll have to get your hands dirty if you go the DIY route.
With Peloton’s service: Schedule an appointment
- Contact Peloton Support at least 72 hours before you want to move your treadmill
- Wait for the Peloton technicians to arrive at your home
- Watch as they carefully disassemble your treadmill
- Unplug the treadmill from the wall outlet.
- Remove accessories like bottle holders, tablet mounts, and the safety key.
- Disassemble the side panels by removing the screws and bolts.
- Disassemble the running belt by loosening the tension rollers.
- Disassemble the motor and control panel.
- Disassemble the frame.
Pro Tip: Take pictures of your treadmill before disassembling it so you’ll know how it looks when you reassemble it.
Packing Your Treadmill
Whether you hired Peloton’s disassembly crew or did it yourself, you must pack your treadmill on your own.
Here’s how you do it:
- Wrap each part of your treadmill in moving blankets.
- Wrap the treadmill deck in bubble wrap.
- Pack the motor and control panel in a separate cardboard box.
- Pack the treadmill running belt in a different cardboard box.
- Pack other minor components in a cardboard box.
- Fill the boxes with packing peanuts so they don’t move around during transit.
- Seal the boxes with packing tape so they don’t spill out.
- Label all the boxes with their content for easier unpacking.
Tip: Use heavy-duty moving boxes for heavier parts like the treadmill frame, motor, and control panel.
Finding a Moving Company
Now that your treadmill is all packed up, it’s time to find the right person to help you move it to your new address.
Peloton is only able to help you if you move your treadmill within your home, like to a different room.
However, moving to a different location means you’ll have to rely on moving companies.
- Get quotes from several moving companies.
- Ask about the company’s experience moving treadmills.
- Ask about the company’s insurance coverage.
- Read online reviews to determine if they’re doing a good job.
- Schedule a consultation with the moving company.
Once you have decided which company’s services to use, call them and set the move date so they can help you out when the day comes.
Note: Estimated rates for moving your Peloton treadmill can range between $500 to $1,000.
Moving the Treadmill Yourself
How hard is it to move a Peloton treadmill? If you’re doing it by yourself, it’s difficult.
However, if you want to save money, it’s possible to do it yourself.
You only need the tools and vehicle to get your treadmill to your new location.
Here’s what you need to do:
- Use a dolly and ramps to load the boxes onto your car, truck, or trailer.
- Ensure they’re stable and do not block your vision when driving.
- Drive to your new location.
- Unload the boxes from your vehicle.
Now that you’re in your new place, it’s time to reassemble your treadmill.
Of course, it’s easier if you hire Peloton’s reassembling team.
However, if you didn’t, follow these steps:
- Place the treadmill frame on a flat surface.
- Attach the treadmill deck to the frame.
- Attach the treadmill motor and the control panel to the frame.
- Put the running belt around the motor and deck.
- Adjust the tension of the running belt.
- Attach the handrails to the frame.
- Attach the safety key to the console.
- Attach the touchscreen to the frame using the provided screws.
- Connect the touchscreen to the control panel with the cable.
- Turn on the treadmill and test it.
Will Peloton move my treadmill? To summarize, Peloton does not offer moving services for treadmills, especially when transporting them to a different address.
They do have a disassembly and reassembly service to keep your warranty.
For more Peloton tips and guides, visit our blog!
Finn Wheatley holds a Master’s Degree in Computer Science from UCL, London. He helped small data science consultancy firms, helping large corporations to grow their data capabilities, deploy advanced machine learning-based analytics and troubleshoot tech-related issues. Check out more about him here.