If you have a Verizon Sim card, you may want to know what does Verizon mobile protection cover?
Verizon protection is a plan that protects your device from various risks. If your device is eligible for this protection, you do not have to worry when your device is lost or stolen.
The Verizon protection cover has two options. The first option covers the device during the warranty period and the second option offers an extended warranty. During the warranty period, which may vary from device to device, benefits such as full device replacement, screen replacements, and others are available.
Post-warranty benefits vary depending on the device and location. There are other hidden facts and details about Verizon protection that you may want to know.
Keep on reading to find out more about Verizon protection.
Conditions For Verizon Mobile Protection Cover
There are certain conditions that must be fulfilled for the protection cover to come into effect.
If your phone plan includes Verizon protection, you will be able to start claiming benefits after 30 days.
Remember that, within the first 30 days, your device is still under the trial period. Within the trial period, you are free to return your phone in exchange for another or a full refund.
After the 30-day period, you can now start claiming warranty and extended warranty benefits.
Some of the important conditions to fulfill under Verizon Protection are:
- You must have used your device for more than 30 Days
- You can enroll any of your devices for the Verizon protection plan as long as the device is Fully functional.
- The device to be enrolled for protection should not have any noticeable Physical Damage.
- The device to be protected must not have any defects
Note: While you are free to enroll for the Verizon mobile protection plan, remember that the terms of your plan will depend on your device type. Your location will also determine your monthly fees.
What Does Verizon Mobile Protection Cover Entail?
The Verizon protection cover protects a wide range of resources on your phone.
Ranging from your device’s online security to physical equipment. If you have been wondering what does the Verizon total mobile protection cover, below are the main options.
The main benefits of the Verizon Protect Plan
- The plan covers Loss, Theft, and Damage during the Post Warranty period
- Protection for Multi-Device customers against theft and Loss
- Total Equipment coverage for those who have a plan with Verizon
- Mobile Security Coverage and expert assistance on Cyber Security
- International Coverage but with limited features
- Wireless phone protection against Cybersecurity Threats.
Facts About Verizon Protect Plans
If you are looking to get the Verizon protection plan, there are some facts you must know.
Below, we look at the important factors you must keep at the back of your mind when going for Verizon protection plans.
1. Same-Day Delivery and Activation
The first fact to note about Verizon Protection plans is that they can be applied to new devices.
If you order a new device from Verizon, all you have to do is also add a protection plan to your device.
When you select to add a protection plan, the device will be activated and sent to you on the same day.
Key factors to note
- For new devices to receive protection, they must be purchased from Verizon Online Store.
- The device will be activated and delivered on the same day of purchase.
- The delivery of products is subject to Inventory Availability
2. Post Warranty Protection
For post-warranty protection, you are eligible for specific benefits. However, this protection is not available for all devices.
Post-warranty protection is available based on the device. If your device is eligible for post-warrant protection, you might have to pay some fees for specific services.
The post-warranty protection benefits include:
- Cracked screen replacement free of charge. This only applies where the front screen alone is damaged.
- Battery replacement if it is draining too fast
- Cybersecurity protection and expert guidance
- For subsequent screen replacements, you get the services at just $29 per repair.
3. Verizon Protection International Benefits
If you are a Verizon customer and decide to travel abroad, you do not lose your protection plan.
However, there are some aspects of the protection that are not available to international customers.
As long as you are on an international plan, you can enjoy the following benefits.
International benefits on Verizon Protection Plan
- Protection and replacement for multiple devices
- Full equipment coverage for those who rely on Verizon equipment
- Wireless phone protection and Cybersecurity checks
- Verizon Mobile protect
How to Know if Your Device Is Protected
As mentioned above, when you request a protection plan, you have to wait for 30 days before the plan comes into effect.
If you try to check if the plan is active before the 30 days period, you will not see it as active.
After 30 days, you can check to see if your plan has been activated. To check if your plan is active, log in to your Verizon account and look at your add-ons.
How to confirm if you have a Verizon protection plan
- Log in to My Verizon Application using your details
- Tap on Add-ons and Apps
- Select the device for which you wish to confirm if it has a Protection Cover
- You will see the cover you are using indicated as one of the options below
- The Verizon Mobile Protect Cover- Which covers just a single device
- The Verizon Mobile Protect Multi-Device Cover- Which covers multiple devices under the same account
- The Total Equipment Coverage1– This covers more than just mobile phones.
- The Wireless Phone Protection Cover- This covers wireless protection and cyber security
- The Verizon Extended Warranty 1,2 Cover- This protects phones and equipment post the normal warranty period.
Note: If you do not see any of the above options, it means that your device is not protected and hence, you need to get a cover.
It is also important to note that some of the above covers are not available across the US.
For instance, the Total Equipment Coverage and the Extended Warranty are not available in Florida.
How to File a Claim
Finally, it is necessary to have all the facts about filling for a device warranty or protection claim.
During the device warranty period, filing for warranty claims is so easy. In case a device is stolen or lost, all you have to do is report it.
You can report stolen and lost phones by clicking on the Stolen or Lost tab in your account.
Conditions to file for a claim
- You must have a Verizon Account
- You must be logged into your Account
- You must be the Account Owner and able to provide proof of ownership.
How to File a Claim
Once you have fulfilled the above condition, you can go ahead and file a claim. Below are some steps you can take to file a claim.
- Log in to My Verizon Application
- Tap on the Menu Icon in the top left corner
- Tap on Devices and select Manage Devices
- Select the device that is lost, stolen, or damaged
- Enter all the required information
- Follow the prompts on your screen to complete the application.
Filing Post Warranty Malfunction and Repair
If your device malfunctions post the warranty period, you can request a warranty claim.
For these claims, the best option is to call Verizon. For repair, make sure you check your device’s repair eligibility.
This post fully looks at the question, what does Verizon mobile protection cover?
If you are a Verizon Mobile customer, you should know what to expect in case of loss or damage.
The good news is that the protection plan offers plenty of benefits as outlined above.
However, ensure that you check the conditions under which claims can be filed.
Read Next: How to Fix Verizon Mobile Data Not Working?
Finn Wheatley holds a Master’s Degree in Computer Science from UCL, London. He helped small data science consultancy firms, helping large corporations to grow their data capabilities, deploy advanced machine learning-based analytics and troubleshoot tech-related issues. Check out more about him here.