Visible phone number transfer allows you to keep the number you’ve had for years while enjoying better services from another carrier.
Porting your number from your old carrier to Visible doesn’t take long. They will do most of the heavy lifting for you, so you can get this done in under 24 hours.
To transfer your number to Visible Wireless, check with your current carrier if they can release it. Request the transfer PIN and let them know you want to port your number.
Before we elaborate on the steps, you must consider a few things when porting your number. These should help you go through the porting process seamlessly.
Can I Transfer My Phone Number to Visible?
You’ll need to port in your number if you want to change carriers but wish to keep your current phone number.
Prepare specific information from your previous network, such as your transfer PIN. Also, ensure you don’t cancel service before activating your new account.
- You need to check if your current device is compatible with Visible
- See if you can get Visible service in your area
- Look at the more affordable subscription features of Visible’s plans
- You will not be tied to a contract with Visible
Now that you know everything about transferring your Visible phone number to your new carrier, you can keep your old number when you activate your new device.
Let’s find out how you can do it.
Complete Steps on How to Port Number to Visible
If you know how the Visible phone number transfer works, you don’t have to memorize a new number and update all your contracts; you can simply request a transfer or port.
Then, Visible will send a request to your previous carrier. You just have to wait for them to release your number, and you’re good to go!
When you’re ready to port, you’ll need to collect the following information from your previous carrier:
- Your current phone number
- Account number
- Transfer PIN
- Service ZIP code
- Other carrier-specific requirements
Below is a complete guide on porting your number to Visible, from confirming your device’s compatibility to activating your service.
1. Verify If Your Number Can Be Ported
To keep and transfer your existing number to Visible, you must verify if it can be ported first.
The good news is that you can keep your number no matter which carrier you move to.
You’ll need three pieces of information: your account number, PIN, and service ZIP code.
The number transfer PIN is available with your previous carrier, and you can contact customer support to get it.
To check your phone number’s portability, follow these tips:
- Go to Visible’s number portability tool at visible.com/switch-to-visible.
- Enter your current phone number.
- Click on the Check Eligibility button.
- Wait for the results to appear on the screen.
Note: The portability checker doesn't look at your account status, so you must manually verify it with your carrier.
2. Check Your Device’s Compatibility
The next thing you’re going to do after confirming that you can transfer your number is check if your phone is compatible.
It’s important that your device works on the Visible network as it makes the transfer process more seamless.
You don’t want to go through all the steps to keep your phone number and move carriers only to find you can’t use it with another network.
Here’s how you can do it:
- Go to the Visible Wireless website.
- Navigate to the Bring Your Device at the top of the page.
- Type your current phone’s IMEI number in the text field.
- Wait for the results to appear on the screen.
Tip: You can get a Visible SIM if your phone is compatible. If not, they will present you with devices compatible with the service.
3. Get Your Visible Wireless SIM
If your phone is compatible with the network, it’s time to get your Visible Wireless SIM.
Visible will send you a nano SIM card for your smartphone, and the free SIM will be shipped via FedEx with next-day delivery.
Once you have your SIM, you can finish setup and activation in the Visible app. Be sure to download it while accessing WiFi or mobile data.
- Go to the Visible website at visible.com
- Select the Buy a SIM option.
- Click on Continue.
- Enter a payment method and order your SIM.
- Wait for your SIM to arrive.
Note: After your SIM arrives, you can now replace the SIM on your phone to finalize the number transfer process.
4. Start the Porting Process
Visible will then ask if you want to port your number. You will need the information you gathered earlier to start the transfer process.
Be patient because this can take a few minutes to hours to complete. It depends on the carrier you are coming from.
To start the porting process, follow these steps:
- Select Keep your number instead when you create your Visible account.
- Provide the information from your previous provider and click Continue.
- Select Submit and review the Let’s take one last look page for accuracy.
- Select Submit to continue.
5. Confirm the Transfer Process is Complete
Once the port-in process is complete, Visible will send you an email or notification.
If you have a physical SIM, you will receive an email letting you know the port is finished, and you can proceed with the activation.
If you have an eSIM, Visible will also send you an email letting you know the port is complete and your account with your previous carrier is terminated.
- Check your email address and look for a confirmation message from Visible.
- Log into your Visible Wireless account.
- Look for your number port request.
- Check its status to see if it’s successful or not.
Note: Make sure your phone says Visible on the carrier signal status, and you can receive calls and texts on your number.
6. Activate Your Visible Wireless Service
Finally, to finish the transfer process, you will need to activate your Visible Wireless SIM.
It’s the last step you need to do, and you only need to do this after you get the confirmation message in your email.
Activating your Visible SIM is a straightforward process. For the most part, it’s automated.
However, there are major steps you need to do so Visible can recognize your SIM and eventually activate it.
Here’s how to activate your Visible SIM to complete the port process:
- Insert your Visible SIM into your phone and connect to the internet.
- Download the Visible app on your phone.
- Open the app and log in using your Visible email and password.
- Go into the Activation Checklist section and make sure they’re checked.
- Tap on the Activate button.
Note: After you confirm activation of your Visible SIM, this is the only time you can cancel your account from your previous carrier.
Everything you need to know to transfer your number to Visible Wireless. You can never go wrong as long as you follow these steps.
You can contact Visible Wireless customer support for additional assistance if you run into any issues.
Now that you know how the Visible phone number transfer works, you can start doing it from virtually any carrier.
Transferring to Visible is not difficult. These steps will make it simple so you can change carriers as quickly as possible.
Read Next: How to Unlock Visible Phone in Easy Steps?