When you encounter a Visible eSIM activation error, it can be very frustrating. Fortunately, we can help you get it working.
If your eSIM doesn’t activate right away, there’s something wrong that you need to take a close look at. The good news is that we know the exact steps you need to follow to get it working in 10 minutes tops.
What should you do if your Visible eSIM is not activating? Read on to find out!
The first thing you should do to fix the Visible eSIM activation error is to restart your phone. You may be dealing with temporary bugs and glitches. If this doesn’t work, reset your phone’s network settings. Then, restart the activation process on the Visible app.
Before we proceed to the solutions, let us discuss the possible reasons your Visible eSIM is not activating.
Before you get Visible eSIM, make sure your phone is compatible with the network and there is coverage in your area.
Activation errors occur usually because of the following reasons.
1. Activation Process Is In Progress
If your Visible eSIM is not activating, don’t worry. The activation process can take some time so expect to wait between 15 and 30 minutes for it to complete.
2. Outdated Software
Your device may not be running the latest software version. Confirm in your phone’s Settings if your phone’s software is up to date.
3. Device is Locked to a Different Network
Your Visible eSIM won’t activate if your phone is locked to a different network. You will need to request your previous carrier to unlock your phone so you can use it on Visible.
4. Incomplete Activation
The activation process can be a bit tricky if you’re not tech-savvy. Maybe you failed to follow through with the activation instructions. Make sure you follow the steps closely.
Now that you have a thorough idea of the causes of why your Visible eSIM is not activating properly, we can now look into fixing it.
Let’s proceed to the proven troubleshooting steps that will allow you to use your eSIM on your phone.
If you just completed the activation process, it could be that the activation is still in progress.
Wait for at least 30 minutes after you activate your eSIM to use Visible services. If you still see an activation error, restart your phone.
Restarting your phone fixes temporary bugs and glitches that may cause the activation error. To do this, hold the power button for 1-2 seconds or until the power menu appears. Release the power button, then tap Restart.
If you are still having trouble activating your Visible eSIM, proceed to the solutions below.
If you have waited for more than 30 minutes and your Visible eSIM is still not activated, you will want to look at other factors that can affect it.
One of the things you can check is your phone’s compatibility.
This is a step that you should consider if you did not get your device from Visible so you can make sure that it works with their network.
Here’s how to check your device’s compatibility with Visible:
- Go to the Visible Compatible Check page at visible.com/shop/compatibility.
- Choose your phone’s software, whether iOS or Android.
- Select your phone model or enter your IMEI number.
- Click on the Check phone compatibility button.
Pro Tip: To know your device’s IMEI number, all you need to do is to dial *#06# on the phone app and you’ll see the number displayed on your screen.
Another main cause of why your Visible eSIM is not activating right away is your phone is not getting a signal from Visible.
Before you attempt activating your Visible eSIM you want to be in a location with the best possible coverage.
This allows your phone to connect with the Visible network and link your phone’s eSIM.
Here’s how to know the quality of the Visible network in your area:
- Go to the Visible website at visible.com.
- Find the Plans option on the main menu, then select See our coverage.
- On the box, type in your address or ZIP code.
- Find your exact location from the coverage map.
- Make sure your location has at least 4G LTE coverage.
The advantage of using an eSIM is that you can install and uninstall it any time you want.
Unlike physical SIMs which can be rendered useless once they malfunction, eSIMs are all software. You can set it up and configure it just like any setting on your phone.
Whenever it’s not behaving as expected, you can simply delete and uninstall it. The next time you install it on your phone, you will have resolved the software issue that’s affecting it.
Here are the steps to properly delete and uninstall the eSIM on your phone:
- Open your phone’s Settings app.
- Go to the Cellular or Mobile Data option.
- Choose the plan that you want to remove from your phone.
- Select Delete eSIM.
- Go to your phone’s Settings, then Connections.
- Select Mobile Network, then Advanced.
- Choose Mobile Service Provider.
- Tap on the Visible eSIM profile.
- Select Remove.
Note: After removing and uninstalling the Visible eSIM profile on your phone, you’re going to need to add it back and reactivate it again.
If you’re porting your number over from a different carrier to Visible you want to make sure that you’re allowed to do it.
Porting your number is certainly convenient since you get to keep your number. However, it also comes with a lot of challenges since you can’t readily move your number.
If your number is not cleared from your previous carrier, it can be a reason why you can’t activate your Visible eSIM.
You’ll need to get approval so you can use your current number with Visible.
Here’s how to get your number’s transfer PIN from your previous carrier:
- Sign in to the myAT&T app on your phone.
- Select your profile.
- Go to People and Permissions.
- Navigate to Transfer phone number.
- Tap on Request a New PIN.
- Login to your T-Mobile.com account.
- On the top right corner, choose My Account.
- Go to Profile, then Line Settings.
- Click on Request a Transfer PIN.
- Select Get a transfer PIN.
- Log in to your Verizon account online.
- Go to your profile.
- Select Number Transfer PIN.
- Click on Generate PIN.
Note: After getting your PIN, you’re going to provide this to Visible customer support so they can facilitate porting your number to your eSIM.
Sometimes, your phone’s software can get in the way of activating your Visible eSIM.
Temporary issues can arise which can cause malfunctions with your eSIM causing it to not work properly.
A surefire way to resolve this would be to clear your phone’s network settings by resetting it.
Doing this will revert your network configurations and clear out any bugs or glitches.
Here are the complete steps to reset your phone’s network settings:
- Open your phone’s Settings.
- Go to General, then Transfer or Reset iPhone.
- Select Reset.
- Tap on Reset Network Settings.
- Go to your phone’s Settings.
- Select System, then Advanced.
- Choose Reset options.
- Tap on Reset network settings.
- Select Reset settings.
Finally, after trying out all these possible solutions and you’re still getting nowhere, you will have to consider redoing your Visible eSIM’s activation process.
It’s a reliable way to get it to work as long as the issue is not with your phone’s software or Visible’s systems.
Here’s how to properly activate your Visible eSIM:
- Open the Visible app on your phone.
- Tap on each item in the list, then choose Go to activation.
- Tap Continue on the Install Cellular Plan screen.
- Select Continue when prompted to Add Cellular Plan.
- Continue the process until you see the Phone is activated prompt.
Note: Restart the activation process only after you have deleted your eSIM profile and reset your device's network settings.
Since your eSIM is controlled by your phone’s software you want to make sure that your device is running the latest software.
Checking for updates and installing them will ensure that your phone won’t run into any issues when you activate your Visible eSIM.
If you’re still dealing with your Visible eSIM activation error, these steps will help you resolve this as quickly as possible.
You can also contact Visible’s customer support to ask for additional assistance in case your eSIM does not get activated after exhausting all your options.
Read Next: Does Visible Work in Canada?
Kevin has over five years of experience working in various Tech startups and providing Technical solutions. He has contributed to many Tech publications and websites.