If your home’s Virgin Media landline not working, then you have come to the right guide!
Not being able to receive sent calls or dial other cellular/landline numbers is typically caused by an issue with the Virgin service or a hardware problem with the phone.
In this guide, we will explore all the mandatory information to diagnose and resolve the issue in a matter of minutes.
If your Virgin Media landline isn’t working, check whether the phone’s service cable is connected securely and power cycle the device. If the issue persists, check for local Virgin service outages and troubleshoot the phone’s power supply.
Let’s learn more!
Why is the Virgin Media Landline Phone Not Working?
Here’s what could possibly go wrong with the Virgin landline phone:
Those were the possible causes for a non-working Virgin Media landline, so the next step is to tighten the circle of possibilities.
Let’s learn how…
How to Identify the Type of Landline Issue?
To gain a general understanding of the issue, it is necessary to review the symptoms of the problem. Every type of malfunction can be diagnosed by considering the visible symptoms!
Virgin landline issues typically include the following complications:
- Inability to perform calls redirected from the landline.
- There is no dial tone on your Virgin landline phone.
- The landline phone’s output is not audible/not there.
So, if your Virgin Media landline is experiencing one of these symptoms, continue reading!
Virgin Media Landline Not Working – 6 Easy Ways to Fix!
Tip: Follow our steps and instructions in chronological order!
1. Reconnect Your Landline Phone
To address non-lasting issues with the Virgin landline, it is advised to unplug the phone from the power supply and wait for at least 60 seconds.
This is a proven solution to phone functionality problems, including electrical supply fluctuations, inconsistency or other sorts of AC insufficiency.
Here’s how to perform a power cycle on the Virgin landline phone:
- Unplug the power cable of the landline phone stand from power.
- After that, press and hold the “back” and “forward” arrow buttons.
- Wait 10 seconds, release the buttons and reconnect the stand.
- Wait until the landline stand is powered on and place the phone.
- Test whether your Virgin Media landline service and phone works!
How to Increase the Dial Volume?
If you’re having trouble with the Virgin phone’s dial tone, then you should check if the volume of the phone is increased.
Every landline phone provided by Virgin comes with a stand with in-built “Volume +” and “Volume –” buttons, so pass the “Volume+” button multiple times on the phone.
Note: Dial the landline through another device to check if the dial tone’s volume has increased!
2. Verify Virgin Landline Availability!
There’s a possibility that Virgin Media is conducting an announced maintenance or unplanned service outage, affecting the availability of your landline availability.
To identify whether there’s an ongoing outage that you haven’t been notified of, you must visit the Virgin Service Checker.
Here’s how to use Virgin’s service checker to identify ongoing outages:
- Open a web browser on a device connected to the internet.
- Navigate to virginmedia.com and go to the “Help” section.
- Next, press “Service Status” > “Check Service Status”.
- Wait for the outage identification to display relative results.
Based on the results displayed by the outage checker, your landline service may be temporarily deactivated from Virgin’s end.
If you don’t see the estimated time for the service renewal, you may want to contact a Virgin agent for more information.
How to Test My Virgin Landline?
To determine whether the landline cannot intercept outgoing calls, use the cellular service of your mobile device to dial your home number and attempt to pick up the call.
If the call isn’t redirected, chances are that your Virgin Media landline is currently affected by an outage.
Info: Virgin Media landline outages typically last about 1-2 hours.
3. Reconnect Your Landline Phone!
To address issues with the landline phone service, it is advised to unplug the phone cable and wait for at least several minutes.
This resets the landline phone services, allowing the operating processes to relaunch and address issues with the dial tone of the device.
Here’s how to properly reseat the phone cable of the Virgin landline:
- Unplug the service cable from the back of the Virgin phone.
- Disconnect the other end of the service cord from the outlet.
- Wait for 60 seconds while the service cable is disconnected.
- Re-attach the service cable back into the service wall outlet.
- Plug the other end of the phone cable into the Virgin phone.
- Attempt to dial or receive calls from the Virgin landline phone.
Additionally, to determine if the service of the Virgin phone is reliable, a thorough inspection of the hard-wired equipment is necessary.
Any damages inflicted to the service cable may indicate defective hardware that could lead to troubled connectivity of your Virgin Media landline phone.
Notice: If the landline phone is physically damaged, it’s best to contact the support technicians!
4. Renew the Virgin Subscription!
There’s a strong possibility that Virgin has temporarily suspended your landline service due to unpaid subscription fees or postponed payments.
To determine if there’s a restriction on your Virgin account or if the service has been deactivated, you must visit the account settings!
Here’s how to investigate for active Virgin account restrictions:
- On a mobile device, dial “0345 454 111”.
- Wait for the automated Virgin assistant.
- Provide a subscription review request.
- Then, wait for the agent/operator to connect.
- Lastly, provide the agent with your details.
Once a representative of Virgin customer support has connected to your call, request a review of the subscription status and provide the necessary information.
You can initiate a subscription payment over the phone or visit a nearby payment managing office.
Note: It may take multiple minutes until a Virgin agent has connected to your call!
5. Verify Your Phone’s Power Supply!
Another possibility is that the power supply of the Virgin phone is insufficient, causing an onset of issues to occur.
There are multiple steps to determine if the Virgin landline phone’s electrical supply is stable, including inspecting the stand and the electrical wall outlet.
The Virgin landline phone consists of the phone itself and the phone stand!
Here are some reliable methods to troubleshoot the power supply of the phone:
- Inspect the power adapter from the phone for visual damage.
- Connect the stand of the landline phone to a different outlet.
- Verify that the phone is making proper contact with the stand.
- Clean the contact spots on the landline stand and the phone.
If any of the landline phone’s equipment seems damaged, replace the defective components with brand-new ones to restore the phone’s functionality.
Warning: A defective power adapter could cause severe malfunctions with the landline phone!
6. Factory Reset the Landline Phone!
Since Virgin do not typically supply identical landline phones to all subscribed users, there is no way to provide accurate steps to factory reset the phone.
Many of the phones lent by Virgin upon signing for a landline are equipped with a physical reset button that will get the job done!
- Inspect the landline phone’s side and frontal panel for a reset button!
If you’ve found a reset button on the landline phone, press and hold the button for 15 seconds to factory reset the phone.
After the reset is complete, remove the phone from the stand, unplug the stand and wait for another 30 seconds until the device is fully discharged.
Note: Hold both volume buttons together if the phone doesn’t have a reset button!
Hence, whenever Virgin Media landline not working, reboot the landline phone and check if the service cable is connected securely.
In addition, check for Virgin service outages, inspect the landline subscription fees and payments, and factory reset the Virgin phone!
Follow us for more Virgin troubleshooting and content!
Kevin has over five years of experience working in various Tech startups and providing Technical solutions. He has contributed to many Tech publications and websites.