Wondering why the Verizon Fios error code Ob00 appears and what it means? Keep reading!
Unlike other Verizon Fios errors, the “Ob00” is too easy to get the hang of and resolve easily as well as prevent from appearing in the future.
In this guide, we will go through all possible causes and reasons for the “Ob00” Verizon error and of course, guide you through the solution.
The “Ob00” error code that appears on your Verizon Fios equipment is mainly due to a fault in the cable connections.
It is also possible that there’s a power problem with your Verizon set-top box or the HDMI connection has failed to transmit, causing the error!
Let’s learn more about the Ob00 error code on Verizon Fios!
What Does Ob00 Error Verizon Fios Mean?
Due to the absence of a complete definition of the “Ob00” error code by Verizon, we can only assume that this error is an indication of a general or minor issue with your setup.
Well, yes this is very widely said, but we’ve managed to enclose the circle of possibilities just enough!
- There’s a problem with the cable connections
- A problem with the inputs of your set-top-box
- A possible issue with your Verizon remote control
- A hardware/software problem with the TV box
- A potential TV issue or HDMI connection problem
These are the primary suspects for the Verizon Fios Ob00 error so if you’re facing the same issue, then the solution guide below will help.
Without further ado let’s jump right in!
7 Ways to Fix Verizon Fios error code Ob00 Easily!
Note: Follow our solutions in consecutive order!
1. Resynchronize the Connection
The “Ob00” error code is most likely to be occurring due to a fault in the TV and set-top-box HDMI connection.
The way to resynchronize your devices properly and make the error code go away is reconnecting the HDMI cable of both devices tightly and securely.
Here’s the simplest way to resynchronize the Verizon Fios connection:
- Unplug the HDMI cable from the back of your TV box.
- Disconnect the other end of the HDMI cable from your TV.
- Wait for 30 seconds while the HDMI connection is displaced.
- Connect the HDMI back into your TV’s input and then your box.
- Switch to the correct input source and test your Verizon remote.
Important – Must Know!
Switching to an alternative input may help with the Ob00 error code.
Connect the HDMI cable to a different port on the back of your TV and also reflect these changes in the TV source menu!
2. Power Cycle your Equipment
The next thing to attempt is the power cycle process on all of your equipment – the entire setup!
It is highly likely that this type of Verizon error may be related to the power malfunction condition of your devices, thus, performing a power circulation should resolve any issues of this nature.
- To properly reset the entire setup, power cycle the TV and TV box!
How to Power Cycle Verizon TV Box?
- Unplug the power cable out of your TV box.
- Wait for 30-40 seconds while your box is offline.
- Reconnect the power adapter back into the device.
How to Power Cycle any Television?
- Press the power button on the TV remote control.
- Once your TV has shut down, unplug the power cable.
- Wait for 60 seconds before reconnecting your TV.
Tip: Keeping your devices unplugged for longer also helps with overheating issues!
3. Replace the Remote’s Batteries
The primary symptom of the Ob00 error code on your Verizon Fios is that the TV box will stop responding to the remote control.
Before we make any further moves in regard to this error, we will determine if the fault is with your remote, rather than the Verizon Fios equipment.
Signs of Bad Verizon Fios Remote Batteries:
- The TV box does not recognize any remote presses
- The remote cannot communicate from a long distance
- Your remote often stops and starts working again
Verizon Fios Remote – Batteries & Replacement
The Verizon FiOS remote powers on with 2 x AA batteries and they must be regularly replaced after about 2 or 3 months of usage.
Simply, remove the battery compartment cover on the back of the remote and eject both of the batteries to be able to install a fresh set.
Note: Double-check whether the batteries fit in properly as well as for any polarity obstructions!
4. Reconnect the Service Cable!
If using the Fios modem, reconnecting the service cable is a quick solution to both the issue with your TV box and the internet potentially.
Your Fios modem is supposed to convert the cable service into TV service and a problem with that very conversion could cause the Ob00 error.
- Locate the Coaxial cable on the back of the Fios modem and unplug!
Make sure to wait for at least 1-2 minutes before reconnecting the service cable. This will refresh the signal completely, and hopefully resolve the Ob00 error code.
In case that doesn’t help also, continue with the next troubleshooting step.
Note: Inspect whether the service cable is damaged, especially for bent connectors at the tip!
5. Connect TV Box on a Different TV
If possible, you should quickly eliminate all suspects behind the Ob00 Verizon error code by connecting the set-top box to another TV.
This is the quickest way to determine the actual source of the problem and instantly find out whether the issue is with your TV or not.
- Attach your Verizon TV box to another TV in your home and test!
Testing for the Ob00 Error Code
If you’ve connected your TV box to another TV, perform the same action as you did on the previous TV, that caused the error to occur.
For example, if you’ve got an error when playing a specific broadcast, do the same thing on the new TV to determine if the error is still there.
Info: In case the TV box works well with a different TV, you need to inspect the power income and all of the video input ports on the previous television.
6. Use the Fios Troubleshooter
Verizon offers a troubleshooting service for all devices offered by the company.
Thus, whenever the Ob00 error Verizon Fios is persistent, it is a clever idea to run the troubleshooter prompt and determine what exactly is wrong with your equipment.
Steps to Access the Verizon Troubleshooter:
- Open a web browser on a device connected to the internet.
- Navigate to verizon.com/support/devices/ page.
- In the “Filter” tab, search for your cable box device.
- Press the “Troubleshoot” button underneath your device.
- Follow the instructions to complete the troubleshooting.
Once you’ve completed the personalized troubleshooting Verizon had to offer in terms of the error code, you will be given troubleshooting results.
Those results will include information on the state of your equipment, what’s wrong, and your next course of action.
Note: The troubleshooter may require you to perform different tasks on your TV box!
7. Factory Reset your FiOS Set-Top-Box
The final and best possible solution is the factory reset on your Verizon TV box to eliminate the error code.
It’s a quick and really effective method, which comes with a downside – erasing all of your TV box content, settings and data, this is why we recommend backing up all settings!
Follow these instructions to perform a factory reset on your FiOS TV box:
- Locate the “Reset” button on the back of your box.
- Insert a paperclip into the reset pinhole on the back.
- Press and hold the reset button inside for 5 seconds.
- Take out the paper clip and wait for your box to reset.
Note: Your FiOS set-top box may take up to 3 minutes to complete the factory reset.
Still Need Help?
If you couldn’t fend off the Ob00 error code on your own, then it is a great time to seek some assistance from Verizon.
They are always open to support their users for potential equipment issues 24 hours a day and 7 days a week. You can contact them at 1-8677-596-7577.
The Verizon Fios error code Ob00 can be easily fixed by resynchronizing your TV and set-top-box by reconnecting the HDMI cable. If that didn’t work, thoroughly inspect the remote control and then perform a factory reset on your Verizon Fios TV box.
Follow us for more helpful content and technical resolutions!
Kevin has over five years of experience working in various Tech startups and providing Technical solutions. He has contributed to many Tech publications and websites.