You’re stuck on the side of the road with a flat tire, it’s fair to ask: How do I know if I have Verizon Roadside Assistance?
As a Verizon subscriber, you can get this service that provides affordable coverage for vehicle services. It’s even included in some plans, so knowing if you have this can work in your favor.
Here’s how to find out.
To verify if you have Roadside Assistance with Verizon, you can call their customer support or check online through your account details, billing statements, or the Verizon app on your phone.
Before we get into the steps of the above methods, here are important things you must know about Verizon Roadside Assistance.
Important Things to Know with Verizon Roadside Assistance
Roadside accidents are very frustrating. Luckily, there’s a service that can help you save time and money.
With Verizon, you can have professional help in one call or SMS. But how do I know if I have Verizon Roadside Assistance?
Before we answer your question, here are a few things you should know:
- Verizon Roadside Assistance is available 24/7
- Wide range of services from towing, jump-start, and many more
- Service is available in the US, Puerto Rico, and the US Virgin Islands
- Included in other Verizon plans like Total Mobile Protection
- Confirm with Verizon and check your plan details
Now that you know these, you can find out if it’s active on your account or not.
It’s certainly handy, especially if you find yourself in need of assistance on the road.
How Do I Know if I Have Verizon Roadside Assistance
There are many ways to know if Verizon Roadside Assistance is active on your line or account.
Although it’s not readily obvious, all you need to do is look through the details of your account.
If you see an item that says Roadside Assistance, it’s included in your line. You’ll be able to contact them for any form of help, including towing, locksmith services, fuel delivery, flat tire change, and jump start.
1. Call Verizon Customer Support to Verify
Verizon’s Roadside Assistance plan can be difficult to track down. After all, it can appear as an add-on to your billing statement, and who reads those anyway.
There are also other services that enroll you automatically in the roadside assistance program.
If you’re planning a road trip and want to ensure your safety, you can ask Verizon if you’re enrolled.
One of the most direct ways to do that would be to call Verizon customer support.
Here’s how to ask if you have roadside assistance by calling Verizon:
- Dial *611 from your phone to reach customer support.
- Select the Account or Plan Inquiries menu.
- Provide an account representative with your account information.
- Ask them to confirm if your phone has roadside assistance.
- Wait for their response to know if it’s included.
2. Confirm With You Plan Details Online
If you don’t want to be put on hold while you wait for a customer service rep to answer the line, you can always check your My Verizon account.
All your plan details should be on there, so if you’re looking to verify your enrollment with their other services, there’s a certainty that you will find it there.
Here’s how to check by going through your My Verizon account online:
- Visit the Verizon website by going to verizon.com.
- Click the Sign In button to log in to your My Verizon account.
- Type in your Verizon email address and password.
- Go to the My Plan or Account Details section.
- Check and make sure Roadside Assistance is active on your plan.
Note: You can check the inclusions of your roadside assistance to make it easier to know what you get with the service.
3. Check by Logging Into the Verizon App on Your Device
Another method similar to the one above is confirming if roadside assistance is active through the app. All of your account and line details will also be reflected there.
This is a great way to check if you always have your phone with you and don’t have ready access to a computer.
The Verizon app is a handy tool to check everything about your account, from your bills to active phone lines. If your phone has roadside assistance, it will tell you.
Here’s how to know on the Verizon app:
- Locate the Verizon app on your phone and open it.
- Tap on the Menu icon.
- Navigate to the Account Details option.
- Check for an item for Roadside Assistance.
Note: If this is your first time opening the Verizon app, you will need to enter your username and password.
4. Check Your Billing Statements
You may not be a fan of going online and using the My Verizon feature of your account. If you are this type of person, there’s a way for you to check if your roadside assistance is active.
Your billing statement will have all the information you need to know about your active subscriptions.
You’re going to see your active lines and devices. Apart from that, you will also see other add-ons, including roadside assistance.
Here’s how to look at your bill to know if you have Verizon Roadside Assistance:
- Find your most recent billing statement from Verizon.
- Review the details and check for charges that say roadside assistance.
- Look for specific charges in your bill for roadside assistance.
- Check other plan descriptions written on your bill.
Note: If you see items for Total Mobile Protection and Total Equipment Coverage, you also have Roadside Assistance active.
5. Verify With The Roadside Assistance App on Your Phone
Verizon Roadside assistance is an add-on that’s linked to your phone that allows you to request for help in the event of an emergency.
To make it easier for you, you can contact them in many ways. One of them is through the dedicated Roadside Assistance app.
One of the pieces of information you can get from the app is your status. It will let you know whether your phone has active roadside assistance.
Here’s how to check your status on the app:
- Get the Verizon Roadside app from your phone’s app store.
- Open the app and sign in with your Verizon account.
- Tap on the menu icon on the top right.
- Find the information about your roadside assistance status.
Note: You can also enter your phone number as you log into the app to find your benefits.
6. Adding Your Roadside Assistance to Your Account
Now that you’ve checked the status of your roadside assistance plan, you want to make sure that your line is in the database.
This makes it easy for you to request help whenever you’re in an emergency situation.
Since roadside assistance is tied to your phone, having this sorted out’s a good idea before you go on a major trip.
It will ease any worries, so you’ll know you can ask for help when emergencies arise.
Here’s how to get Verizon Roadside Assistance:
- Go to the Verizon website at verizon.com.
- Log in using your email and password.
- Go to the Add-ons and Apps section.
- Choose Roadside Assistance from the list.
- Add it to your account.
Note: Roadside Assistance is $4.99 per month and follows an enrolled device, so you can use it with any vehicle.
That’s it! These are the steps you need to follow so you’ll know if roadside assistance is active on your phone or line.
If you have a question on its status, you can always call Verizon customer support to clarify it and your benefits.
Now that you know how do I know if I have Verizon Roadside Assistance, you can make go out on a drive and be sure help is around the corner whenever something happens to you.
It does take a couple of days to activate, so make sure it’s active before you go on that trip.
Finn Wheatley holds a Master’s Degree in Computer Science from UCL, London. He helped small data science consultancy firms, helping large corporations to grow their data capabilities, deploy advanced machine learning-based analytics and troubleshoot tech-related issues.