Is your Verizon Fios app not working on either mobile or TV? Stay with us to learn all solutions and workarounds past the problem with Verizon Fios for both TV and mobile!
When the Verizon Fios application is not working on either TV or mobile, start by inspecting the internet connection and updating the firmware of your device.
If that didn’t work, clear the software app cache of your device and reinstall the Verizon platform!
Let’s learn more!
How to Fix When Verizon Fios App Not Working?
Let’s start with reviewing the best solutions for Verizon Fios on mobile!
1. Inspect the Internet Connection
We’ll start our troubleshooting by inspecting the internet connection first of all.
Verizon Fios is a platform that requires reliable WiFi or cellular connection in order to grant access to mobile users so without a connection, Verizon won’t work for you.
- Using mobile data with Verizon Fios may consume data excessively!
How to Check Smartphone WiFi:
- Launch the Settings app on your device.
- Navigate to the “WiFi” configuration page.
- Under “Discoverable Networks” check if you’re connected.
- (Optional) Select your home WiFi, and type the password > “Connect”.
How to Check Smartphone Cellular:
- Head into the settings of your phone.
- Tap on “Cellular” or “Mobile Data”.
- Ensure that the “Mobile Data” feature is on.
Info: If you’re using mobile data to access Verizon Fios on your mobile device, make sure that you have enough Mbps left for this month!
Your mobile data refreshes once every billing cycle!
2. Check for Verizon Fios Updates
Not updating Verizon Fios on your mobile for a long time will result in the application falling behind on software versions.
If Verizon is outdated, the app may start crashing or giving random login or functionality errors on your mobile device.
How to Update Apps on Android:
- Launch the Google Play Store app.
- Tap your profile icon at the top.
- Press “Manage apps & Device”.
- Choose the Verizon Fios app.
- Press on the “Update” button.
How to Update Apps on iOS:
- Open the App Store on your iOS device.
- Select your profile icon at the top of the screen.
- Scroll down to see all pending updates.
- Press the “Update” button next to Verizon.
- Wait for the update to be finalized.
Alert: Your mobile device must be connected to the internet in order to perform software updates!
3. Deactivate VPN/Ad-Blocker Services!
With active VPN or Ad blocking services, your access to Verizon Fios may be denied.
Since there are many VPN software available for mobile devices (as well as in-built ones), it’s best to keep all location-altering services as well as ad blockers disabled, while testing Verizon.
How to Deactivate VPN Through App:
- Launch the VPN application.
- Go to the home page.
- Press the activation button.
- Wait for the VPN to turn off.
How to Deactivate In-Built VPN:
- Launch the settings of your phone.
- Go to “VPN & Device Management”.
- Check if you have a linked VPN.
Info: Your phone’s location must answer to the personal information associated with your Verizon Fios account, or you may not be able to access the platform.
Also keep all VPN services disabled, until we’ve figured out the cause of this problem!
4. Reinstall the Verizon Fios App!
If nothing worked out so far, we will reinstall the Verizon Fios app on your mobile device.
Perhaps the problem has something to do with the software files of the application, thus, reinstalling the platform is the only way to address the problem!
How to Reinstall Verizon Fios (Android):
- Launch the Google Play Store on your Android device.
- Select your profile icon at the top-right of the page.
- Head to “Manage Apps & Device” by pressing the tab.
- Scroll down and locate the Verizon Fios application.
- Choose the “Uninstall” button to remove the app.
- Find Verizon Fios in the Google Play store and download it again!
How to Reinstall Verizon Fios (iOS):
- Open the Settings of your iPhone.
- Scroll down to the app section.
- Locate the Verizon Fios app and tap it once.
- Press the blue “Uninstall” button.
- Access iOS’s App Store.
- Download Verizon Fios again!
Tip: For many Androids, you’ll be provided with the “Automatic Updates” function upon downloading an application.
Enable this feature for the Verizon Fios app after reinstalling it!
How to Fix When Verizon Fios TV App Not Working?
Note: Some of the solutions for Verizon Fios on mobile, may also help with the problem on your TV!
Make sure to give them a glance before we start!
1. Clear TV Cache and Data!
To optimize the general performance of your TV and fix issues related to applications, you must clear the piled-up app cache.
Those files build up in the long term as applications are used on your TV and to maintain the performance of the TV, you must clean them periodically.
Follow these steps to clear the cache of your TV device easily:
- Get into the Settings of your TV, using the remote control.
- Select an application from the list and press “Clear Data”.
- Repeat for all of the apps inside the “Apps” section.
Info: You could also clear the app cache for Verizon Fios specifically, but that will not bring a major improvement to the performance of your TV.
You should clear the cache for all apps!
2. Restart your Network Device
If there’s a network fault with your router that you’re unaware of, Verizon Fios may suddenly stop responding on your TV device, as it is an online platform.
To fix the problem, you must reboot (or power cycle) your network modem/router!
- Rebooting your network device helps with both software/hardware issues!
Here’s how to restart your network device in easy steps:
- Unplug the power cable of your router or modem.
- Hold the power button on the device for 60 seconds.
- Reconnect the power cable of the device to power.
- Turn on the router by pressing the power button.
- Wait for the device’s LEDs to come on.
Alert: Your network may remain offline until all of the LEDs on the router have come on.
It’s particularly important that the “ISP” LED comes on because if it doesn’t, the service from your internet provider has ceased!
Contact the ISP if the “ISP” lamp stays off or goes orange!
3. Update your TV Software
In order for your TV to remain compatible with Verizon Fios, the device must be running the latest software version!
Same as with phones, updates for your TV are periodically released by the merchant and you must apply them regularly to remain compatible with your apps!
- Updating your TV’s firmware also requires a reliable internet connection!
How to Update Firmware on Samsung TV:
- Menu > Settings > Support > Software Update > Update Now
How to Update Firmware on Sony TV:
- HOME > Settings > Customer Supports > Automatic Software Download (ON)
How to Update Firmware on Android TV:
- HOME > Apps > Help > System Software Update > Software Update
How to update Firmware on Philips TV:
- Home > Settings > Check for Updates/Update Now
How to Update Firmware on Hisense TV:
- Settings > Device Preferences > About > System Update > “Update”
Info: To learn how to update your TV model specifically, check in the user manual book or PDF file of your TV or contact the merchant directly!
4. Reset your TV Software!
Instead of reinstalling the Verizon Fios app, our most powerful solution remaining is to perform a factory reset on your television device.
Perhaps, the Verizon Fios app has encountered a critical fault that can only be resolved by erasing the software of the TV.
Here’s how to (universally) reset your TV device:
- Open the Settings tab on your TV, using the remote.
- Navigate into the “About” or “Help/Support” tab.
- Press on “Factory Reset” or simply “Reset”.
- Choose “Erase Everything” from the settings.
- Wait for the factory reset to start and then finalize.
Note: Keep in mind that not all TV models have the exact same TV settings and menus!
Verizon Fios App Still Not Working?
In case you’ve attempted everything from the guide above but nothing managed to help, don’t forget to check for outages.
Navigate to Verizon Outage Information to check whether the issue with the non-working app is on their end. Good luck.
In this guide, we’ve learned that to fix a Verizon Fios app not working on mobile, you must update your device, check the internet, and reinstall the app.
On TV, update the software, clear the software app cache and factory reset the device!
Kevin has over five years of experience working in various Tech startups and providing Technical solutions. He has contributed to many Tech publications and websites.