Want to know how to transfer Three number to new Three SIM? It’s absolutely possible!
Whether you want to switch to a different plan, upgrade your phone, or replace SIM, it’s easy to transfer your number without all the hassle.
To transfer your Three number to a new SIM, you don’t need to get a PAC code for it. All you need to do is get a new SIM, contact Three support, provide your old SIM details, and you’re good to go.
Let’s get to the details.
How to Transfer Three Number to New Three SIM – Quick Guide
Since you’re transferring your current Three number to a new Three SIM, it’s not as complicated as you think.
You’re going to skip a few steps when compared to transferring from a different operator.
Why Transfer Your Three Number to a New SIM
Before we get to the steps, you want to understand the need to transfer your current Three number to a new Three SIM.
There are a lot of benefits of why you want to do this, and here are some of them:
- Keep your existing contacts, messages, and call history
- Avoid the hassle of informing everyone of your new number
- Enjoy the perks of using a new SIM, such as better coverage and faster data
- Switch to different plans that save you money and offer flexibility
Need a PAC Code to Transfer My Three Number to New SIM?
If you have some experience when it comes to transferring your number from one operator to another, you know there is either a PAC or STAC code involved.
Since you’re only moving your number to a different plan on the same network, there’s absolutely no need to get these codes.
Important: There’s no need to get a PAC code to transfer your Three Number to a new Three SIM.
Full Guide on How to Transfer Your Number to New SIM
Now that we have that out of the way, if you want to know how to transfer old number to new SIM Three, let’s dive in.
The good news is that the process is quick and easy, and you don’t have to do much. It’s basically letting them know you want to switch SIMs and waiting.
Here are the steps you need to follow:
Verify Your Current Account for any Outstanding Balance or Fees
Before anything else, you want to make sure that your current Three account is up to date.
This means that you don’t have any outstanding bills you need to pay or have an existing contract.
Knowing these is important, especially if you want to switch to one of their Pay Monthly or Pay As You Go accounts.
Here’s what you need to do:
- Login to your My3 Account on the website or the app.
- Click on the Account tab.
- Navigate to Account Overview to see your contract status.
- It will say Active if you have an active contract.
- To check your outstanding bills, go to the Bills tab.
- Under Bill Details, you will see how much you owe.
- Pay any outstanding balance or fees online by clicking Pay Bill.
Note: If you have an active contract, you will only need to pay it if you choose to change to a different Three plan, like Pay Monthly or Pay As You Go.
Get Your New SIM Card
Now that you have checked your account details, it’s time to proceed with getting your new SIM card.
There are a lot of ways to order your new one, so make sure that you get the type for your phone.
Here’s how to order your Three SIM online:
- Go to the Three website at three.co.uk.
- Click the Shop menu.
- Select the All SIM Deals option.
- Pick the one that fits your budget and needs.
- Click on the Get This SIM button.
- Choose the Keep My Current Mobile Number option.
- Enter your delivery address.
- Pay for your order using your preferred payment method.
Activate Your New SIM Card
Once your new SIM card arrives, you’re going to need to activate it. It’s a necessary step that makes it a lot easier for any Three service representative to transfer your number.
To activate your SIM, here’s what you need to do:
- Open your phone’s SIM tray using an eject tool or pin.
- Insert your new Three SIM into the tray.
- Wait for your phone to detect your new SIM.
- It will send you a confirmation text to let you know that it’s activated.
Note: The SIM card needs to be inserted with the gold contacts facing down.
Contact Three Customer Support
At this point, you have your new SIM activated that Three detects. You will also have the information regarding your current SIM and number.
It’s now time to contact Three Support and let them know that you want to move your number to your new SIM card.
To do this, follow these steps:
- Call Three Support by dialing 150 on your phone.
- Dial 0333 300 3000 if you’re using a non-Three phone.
- Let the customer support representative know you want to transfer your number.
Provide Your Existing Three Details
They’re going to ask you for some important information regarding your old and new SIM card.
All you need to do is provide them with these details, and they’ll take care of the rest.
Here are some of the details you need to provide your Three representative:
- The name registered to your Three account.
- The Three number that you want to transfer to your new SIM.
- Find the ICCID number on your new SIM.
- It’s a 19-digit number printed on the SIM card near the gold contacts.
- You’ll also find it in your phone Settings in the About section.
- Wait for their confirmation that they have received all the information.
Note: If you’re using a phone with multiple SIMs, make sure to select the one from the Three SIM you just activated.
Wait for the Transfer Process to Complete
After providing all the details they’re asking for, the process is all in their hands now.
They’re going to initiate the transfer process to link your new SIM with your current Three number. All you really need to do is wait.
Here are some things to consider while waiting for your SIM transfer to complete:
- The transfer process usually takes one working day.
- If you request on a weekend or bank holiday, it will take an extra day.
- During the transfer process, you will experience some loss of service on both SIMs.
- Wait for a confirmation message that notifies you the transfer is complete.
Note: It’s best to wait at least 48 hours before confirming if the transfer process has gone through, if not, you’re going to need to contact Three Support to follow it up.
Testing Your New SIM and Verifying the Transfer Process
Finally, after the transfer process is complete, you want to make sure that you’re able to use your Three phone number. You want to test out your new SIM card and verify that your number is linked.
Here are the different ways to know that everything is working as intended:
- Make a test call to someone you know and confirm it’s from your old number.
- Send a text message from your new SIM to and check if it’s from your number.
- Call your number to see if your phone with the new SIM rings.
- Check your voicemail to see if you still have all your messages.
- Connect to your phone’s Mobile Data and check if you’re able to browse the internet.
- Check your balance and usage on your My3 account to see if it matches your plan.
If everything works fine, congratulations! You have successfully transferred your number to your new Three SIM.
However, if you encounter any problems or issues, we recommend that you contact Three Support for more assistance.
Thus to transfer Three number to a new Three SIM, it’s not a complicated process. You want to get a new SIM or new Three plan that fits your needs.
You’ll then need to contact customer support and provide your details, like your new SIM’s ICCID.
Finn Wheatley holds a Master’s Degree in Computer Science from UCL, London. He helped small data science consultancy firms, helping large corporations to grow their data capabilities, deploy advanced machine learning-based analytics and troubleshoot tech-related issues.