Is the Sky Q error MR001 keeps interfering with your viewing? Keep reading!
Many users have been recently aware of the MR001 error code and its frequent occurrence. There’s a simple explanation for the problem, along with an easy solution.
Keep reading to understand how to properly settle the Sky Q MR001 error code in a few minutes!
To fix the Sky Q MR001 error code that keeps popping up, Power Cycle the cable box and then reposition it closer to the router. Next, settle issues with your internet and flush the Network Settings of the box. Finally, Factory Reset the problematic device!
It is certain that there’s more to this problem than just that. Keep reading to find out!
In order to troubleshoot the MR001 error on your Sky Q Box, we must first understand what it is caused by.
To sum things up, Error MR001 occurs when your Sky Q box’s WiFi strength is not strong enough.
You’ll most often see this error when you attempt to do something on your Sky Q Box, that requires a stronger Wi-Fi signal than your current.
As a result of this internet insufficiency, the action you’re attempting will be declined and you’ll be given this very error.
Things that cause weak Wi-Fi strength are the following:
- Your TB Box is Too Far Away from the Router
- There’s anissue with the Network Device
- Incorrect WiFi Adjustments on your Regular Sky Q or Mini Box
After we’ve reviewed what could potentially cause the Mr001 error on your Sky Q box, let’s troubleshoot the root cause of this problem!
As we’ve already mentioned the Sky Q Mr001 error particularly revolves around issues with your box’s WiFi Connection.
If there’s trouble in regard to the strength and reliability of your network, it is likely that this error would occur.
Let’s find out the best ways to fix that!
The first and most simple task you should do is to Restart your Sky Q Cable Box!
This solution works great with different problems overall, but it is particularly recommended when your Sky Q box experiences Wi-Fi issues.
By rebooting the device in the following way, you’ll cause both the hardware and software of the device to refresh.
Let’s learn how to reboot your Sky Q Box properly:
- Press the Power Button on the cable box.
- Wait for the Device to Shut Down.
- Once it has powered off completely, Unplug the Power Adapter.
- Keep the power cable disconnected from the box for 5 Minutes.
- Once the cool-down period has elapsed, reattach the cable box’s adapter.
- Turn on the device.
After reconnecting your cable box to the power supply, press the Power Button to turn it on.
After that, put the device to the test by attempting to do whatever you did before the error.
Alert: If the error occurs during the startup of the box, it is too far away from the router!
We’ve already clarified that the MR001 error mainly occurs due to an outage in the WiFi of the Sky Q cable box.
The connection of your TV Box with the network may become weak at times and reconnecting is the key to resolving this problem.
- You’ll have to unpair your box from the WiFi and then get it connected again!
Let’s figure out how to exactly reconnect your Sky Q cable box:
- Navigate to Settings on your cable box.
- Head to “WiFi”.
- Scroll down and locate the network your box is Already Paired With.
- Highlight the Network and choose “Disconnect”.
- Wait for your box to unpair from the Selected Network.
- After 60 seconds of waiting, select your network again.
- Input the Connection Password.
- Wait for your box to hook up with the network again.
The longer your box takes to perform the connection, the more it is likely that the distance to the router is too large.
Put the box closer to the router (or the other way around) if you have to.
Tip: If using a 5GHz network, make sure that the router is as close to Sky Q as possible.
Perhaps, there is something going in with your Household Network!
In most cases, the main suspect of the MR001 error on Sky Q Boxes is that Wi-Fi insufficiencies are directly transmitted from the router to all devices.
If for instance the router’s internet supply has been reduced by any means, this will have an impact.
Here are a couple of ways to settle insufficiencies with your network:
- Power Cycle the Router – Unplug and then reconnect the router from the power
- Reconnect Coax Cable – Reconnect the cable that delivers internet to your modem
- Replace Ethernet Cable – Check the Ethernet connecting your router and modem
- Pay Pending Fees – Ensure all fees towards the ISP are paid
Also, don’t forget to verify that your network speed is fine at Ooklaspeedtest.com!
Note: Contact the ISP if the speed test doesn’t match the promised internet speeds.
The next thing you should try is a Flush on the APN Settings!
Also called a “Network Reset”, this process will erase all of the network-related data on your Sky Q box and result in better overall connectivity.
It is widely recommended when your devices are experiencing connectivity, WiFi and networking issues in general.
How to Flush APN Settings (Network Reset) on Sky Q:
- Launch the Settings Tab of your box.
- Navigate to Setup.
- Select the Network tab.
- Highlight the “Status” Key and press OK on your remote.
- Scroll Down.
- Head to Reset.
- Hit the OK Button on your remote again.
- Confirm the reset.
It will take several minutes at least, for your box to undergo the complete Network Reset process. For the time being, avoid interacting with the Sky Q TV box in any way.
Notice: The network settings are automatically adjusted after the reset!
If nothing worked so far, you should perform a Factory Reset on the problematic Sky Q box!
This is one of the most proper and straightforward solutions that will settle all software-related issues with the Sky Q TV box.
However, you should note that the factory reset is going to erase ALL information on your Sky Q box, applications and data!
Here’s how to factory reset the Sky Q:
- Highlight the Settings Icon.
- On the remote keypad, press 0,0,1.
- Go to Reset.
- Scroll to Reset Hard Drive.
- Select and enter the tab.
- Follow the remaining On-Screen Instructions to finish the reset.
Same as with the APN reset, it will take your box 3-5 minutes to complete the reset.
Be patient and allow the reset to fully complete before interacting with the TV Box in any way!
Note: Once the reset is complete, you’ll be taken to the Setup Screen.
If you’re having issues with your Sky Q Mini, keep reading!
Alongside your Main Sky Q Box, there’s the Mini Model that allows the extension of your Sky Viewing.
It will transfer the viewing into various other rooms of your home, using the same subscription as the main box.
The MR001 error on the Sky Mini also indicates a Wi-Fi problem and means the same thing.
Here are a couple of ways to fix the MR001 Error on Sky Q Mini:
- Reposition the Mini – Place the Mini close to the main Q and to the router.
- Power Cycle – Unplug the Mini for 5 minutes and then plug it back into power.
- Reset – Hit the RESET button on the back of the mini for 15 seconds.
If your Mini has further issues, you should consider contacting Sky for extra assistance regarding the problem.
They have remote access to your setup and will be able to tell you best, what’s the best move in your situation!
Let’s now recap everything we’ve learned this far in our guide!
Thus, the fix to the MR001 error code on Sky Q is to Hard Reset the TV box and then flush the APN settings. After that, reposition the box and perform a Factory Reset. To fix MR001 on Sky Q mini, reposition the device and press the RESET button.
In this guide, we’ve learned how to settle the Sky Q error MR001 that keeps popping up on your box.
We hope we were able to help you understand what causes this error code to occur and what’s the best approach in this case.
Read Next: Can I Get Sky Glass if I Already Have Sky?
Kevin has over five years of experience working in various Tech startups and providing Technical solutions. He has contributed to many Tech publications and websites.