Disruptions such as Shaw Mobile SIM card not working need urgent solutions. We all know how important communication is.
Missing your phone for an hour could cause a lot of damage. This is why you must deal with any problems immediately.
If your Shaw SIM card is not working, we have just the perfect solutions for you.
To restore your SIM service, you will have to go to your phone’s mobile settings and toggle automatically on and off. This is one way to easily reactivate a SIM that has run out of service. If the problem is different from the service issue, further troubleshooting is needed.
We have a wide range of issues that could cause your Shaw SIM card to stop functioning.
Let us look at the issues that could potentially spill trouble.
If your Shaw SIM card has a problem, you can detect it by looking at the network status bar.
You will either have zero bars on the status or you will have the writing “No Service”.
Whenever you see these options, simply know that your SIM card has a problem.
Some of the causes of the issues with SIM cards are as follows:
- Nationwide Service Disruption– A temporary disruption in the nationwide Shaw network distribution could cause this problem
- The phone is on airplane mode– If you intentionally or accidentally turned on airplane mode, you will not have access to SIM services
- Corrupt phone settings– Corruption in your phone settings must be corrected to restore the connection to your SIM services
- Failure to pay monthly bills– You must confirm that you have paid your Bills otherwise you could be cut off
- Damaged SIM card or phone-Although rare, your SIM may fail to function if the hardware has been damaged
All the above problems have easy solutions.
Thankfully, you can personally adjust the setting, pay bills and deal with all the issues affecting your SIM card.
Here are the solutions to fix your SIM and restore service.
The first solution to the Shaw SIM card not working is to confirm if other people have access to the service.
Service outages can cause a problem with your SIM card. Besides service outage, you may have travelled to a location that is out of coverage.
To eliminate doubts about service coverage, do the following:
- Check with any other person who uses Shaw SIM to see if they have service
- If there is no person around, try moving to an open place to see if you will access the service
- If you still do not access service, try placing your SIM card in another phone
If all these options fail, you could be experiencing a national service issue. Such issues are resolved within a few hours.
However, if you realize that other people using Shaw SIM have a service, the problem is with your SIM.
The next solution is to check and see if airplane mode is on. You can confirm this by looking at the status bar.
If airplane mode is on, you will see an airplane symbol in the location where you should have service bars.
If you notice that airplane mode is on, you have to change it in your settings.
To turn Airplane mode off on Android
- Open your Settings
- Tap on Network and Internet (Some phones use “Mobile Networks”)
- Tap on Airplane Mode to turn it on or off
Note: If you turn airplane mode on, your WiFi, mobile networks, and Bluetooth are turned off. If WiFi is still working, your problem is not airplane mode.
Turn off Airplane Mode on Apple
- Go to settings
- Scroll down and select Airplane Mode
- Tap to turn on/off
If the problem with your phone has anything to do with SIM card issues, you can manually reconnect.
In some situations, you may walk into a region that has no access to service.
When you come out, the phone may fail to automatically reconnect to service.
To reconnect to your Shaw mobile SIM toggle the automatic selection settings in your mobile networks.
On an Android device:
- Go to Settings on your Menu
- Tap on Connections
- Select Mobile Networks
- Tap on Network Operators
- Choose Select Automatically
Note: If your device is already set to select automatically, simply turn it off and then turn it back on.
On Apple Device
- Go to your Settings from your menu
- Select Cellular
- Tap on Network Selection
- Toggle Automatic by turning it on and off then on
This will refresh your mobile network and help you reconnect to the Shaw network.
While all the above issues could cause disruptions in your SIM service sometimes it could simply be your bills.
If the problem with your SIM does not cause a lack of service on the status bar, you probably haven’t paid your bill.
Bill payment should be a direct and easy process. As a matter of fact, Shaw automatically deducts your monthly bill from your credit card.
Below is a step-by-step guide to repaying your bill to get connected back.
To avoid getting yourself in a similar situation in the future, set up auto payment. There are various payment options that Shaw accepts.
If you provide these options and automate them, you will never be cut off. Choosing to manually submit your bills can always result in charges for delayed remittance.
For online and in-store purchases, you can pay your bill using
- VISA Debit,
- American Express (AMEX).
Note: You can use cash payment when purchasing in their physical stores.
- Download My Shaw Mobile app from the app store
- Login to your app using your Shaw ID
- Tap on Activate Auto-Payment
- Enter credit card information
- Tap on Confirm
With that, you will have selected automatic payment using your credit card.
There are a few debit cards that are accepted by Shaw. You can set up payment processing using such cards.
Here is the process
- If you have the app, log in using your Shaw ID
- Tap on the Billing Tab
- Pre-Authorized Debit
- Fill in all the indicated Fields
- Send the form to Shaw via the email address indicated on the form
Once you submit the form, you will get an email confirmation within 24 hours.
If you do not get confirmation to talk to customer care about your situation.
This final solution is applicable where the SIM card is not being detected.
If you have tried putting the SIM card in your phone but it cannot be detected, chances are that there is a hardware problem.
How to Solve SIM Hardware Problem
- Remove the SIM card from the phone and closely observe it for any signs of damage
- If the SIM card has no damage, transfer it to another phone
- Check to see if the SIM works on a different phone
If the SIM card is detected in another phone, the problem is with your phone’s hardware.
If the SIM card is not detected in another phone, the problem is with your SIM hardware.
Tip: For SIM hardware problems, the solution is to get a new one from Shaw Mobile.
If the problem is your phone hardware, you need to see a phone repair expert.
The above steps show you how to deal with Shaw Mobile SIM card, not working problems.
The above issues are the most common causes of SIM malfunction. Solving them will get your SIM to work.
Read Next: Does TELUS WiFi Booster Work with Shaw?
Kevin has over five years of experience working in various Tech startups and providing Technical solutions. He has contributed to many Tech publications and websites.